Annnnnd the "Ole out" brigade has started 2925389657

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:09 am

Could be that they have something of a case. I have given OGS the benefit of the doubt up until now, but maybe he isn't the right man to get City out of this mess.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:26 am

Anyone else see the irony that certain fans thought Malky had to go because of poor results, yet they want Solskjaer to stay despite even worse results?

I think sacking him would be a knee jerk reaction, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if it did happen. As TDA said, he hasn't shown any real tactical ability and DEFINETELY hasn't demonstrated any ability in the transfer market.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:35 am

I think "ambivalent" best sums up how I feel just now.

My view that Malky should never have been trusted to take us on in the PL is well known on here and I still believe that the seeds of this appalling season were sewn back last summer.

There is a worrying lack of football know-how at the top end of our club and something fundamental needs to change if we are going to do anything next season........
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:22 am

I feel the same as Red here. Barring 2 wins in our last 2 games Ole will have a worse record than Malky (significantly so if we finish with 2 defeats). If we go down then the blame should be shared by both managers. Malky wasted too much money to achieve results worse than the 2 sides promoted with us. Ole was, to me, the wrong appoinment in a couple of ways (totally inexperienced at this level and too attacking minded for a team who needed to become even harder to beat first before we had any other ambitions).

If Malky deserved the sack because of resulst and performances then Ole does too. Personally i would give him into next season to see if he can turn things around at Championship level but i am worried by the lack of shape the team has mostly shown under him and his lack of tactical awareness.

Malky had a plan many fans didn't like. Ole doesn't seem to have one at all. Like Red i wouldn't be too bothered if the axe was swung again and couldn't call it unjustified in comparison to Malky's dismissal.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:32 am

Toast Boy wrote:I feel the same as Red here. Barring 2 wins in our last 2 games Ole will have a worse record than Malky (significantly so if we finish with 2 defeats). If we go down then the blame should be shared by both managers. Malky wasted too much money to achieve results worse than the 2 sides promoted with us. Ole was, to me, the wrong appoinment in a couple of ways (totally inexperienced at this level and too attacking minded for a team who needed to become even harder to beat first before we had any other ambitions).

If Malky deserved the sack because of resulst and performances then Ole does too. Personally i would give him into next season to see if he can turn things around at Championship level but i am worried by the lack of shape the team has mostly shown under him and his lack of tactical awareness.

Malky had a plan many fans didn't like. Ole doesn't seem to have one at all. Like Red i wouldn't be too bothered if the axe was swung again and couldn't call it unjustified in comparison to Malky's dismissal.

I find myself in total agreement with you, Toastie!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:35 am

TDA wrote:
Toast Boy wrote:I feel the same as Red here. Barring 2 wins in our last 2 games Ole will have a worse record than Malky (significantly so if we finish with 2 defeats). If we go down then the blame should be shared by both managers. Malky wasted too much money to achieve results worse than the 2 sides promoted with us. Ole was, to me, the wrong appoinment in a couple of ways (totally inexperienced at this level and too attacking minded for a team who needed to become even harder to beat first before we had any other ambitions).

I find myself in total agreement with you, Toastie!

Which, terrifyingly, means you inadvertently agree with me too. What a day... Annnnnd the "Ole out" brigade has started 692773407
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:06 am

That occurred to me after I put up the post............. Annnnnd the "Ole out" brigade has started 2854552383 
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:25 am

I can't disagree which means, by proxy, I agree with you all too.
f-spot
f-spot
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 318
Posting Flair : 40

Postf-spot Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Maybe Ole should instead play upfront with Campbell?
 Annnnnd the "Ole out" brigade has started 692773407 
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:35 pm

f-spot wrote:Maybe Ole should instead play upfront with Campbell?
 Annnnnd the "Ole out" brigade has started 692773407 

He has to be a better option than Jones... Annnnnd the "Ole out" brigade has started 692773407

On a more serious note, we might as well play Healey for the last couple of games. We are 99% done for now, so why not give our most promising youth player a chance at top level football? Whats the point in the development side if we dont give it's members a chance to step up. We could save ourselves a hell of a lot of money and time if instead of finding a new striker next season, we have one in our own back garden. Likewise with Kadeem Harris.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:46 pm

I agree with you in principle Red but Ole is answerable to Tan and I can't see him being happy throwing in the towel before the Fat Lady has sung (and other such cliches).
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum