View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:52 am

Angel Rangel has told Walesonline that while he appreciates Medel as a player, he considers him overpriced.

http://ow.ly/i/3zVjV

You know what to do, Pitbull.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:01 am

Lol.. show him who is boss Gary!

Come on city!
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:54 pm

sooner have gary by my side than that angel
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:02 pm

Hope gary stamps on angels head
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:27 pm

Red614 wrote:Angel Rangel has told Walesonline that while he appreciates Medel as a player, he considers him overpriced.

Fair comment by Rangel, actually. That what was pretty much said at the time by various sources in Europe.

I think Malky was so desparate for a signing by then that he was willing to pay over the odds........Caulker and Cornelius too, if truth be told.
pugger
pugger
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 410
Posting Flair : 60

Postpugger Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:44 pm

Gary is coming for you.........CRUNCH!It's started... 833362651 
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:04 pm

TDA wrote:
Red614 wrote:Angel Rangel has told Walesonline that while he appreciates Medel as a player, he considers him overpriced.

Fair comment by Rangel, actually.  That what was pretty much said at the time by various sources in Europe.  

I think Malky was so desparate for a signing by then that he was willing to pay over the odds........Caulker and Cornelius too, if truth be told.
Medel and Caulker have been instrumental in out success so far, which in my opinion makes them worth every penny. Cornelius has been injured, so it's not fair to judge.

Here's an example of my argument - say in an alternate reality we sign Messi, for 50 million. The footballing world would scream bargain - but he doesn't score a single goal in his three year contract. Still a bargain, or massively overpriced?

Likewise if we spent 50 million on bringing Jay Bothroyd back. The football world laughs at us , but he scores 50 in 45 matches, and we win the premier league and the champions league the following season. Doesn't that now make him a bargain?
steve.western.52
steve.western.52
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 709
Posting Flair : 50

Poststeve.western.52 Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:21 pm

Red614 wrote:
TDA wrote:

Fair comment by Rangel, actually.  That what was pretty much said at the time by various sources in Europe.  

Medel and Caulker have been instrumental in out success so far, which in my opinion makes them worth every penny. Cornelius has been injured, so it's not fair to judge.

Here's an example of my argument - say in an alternate reality we sign Messi, for 50 million. The footballing world would scream bargain - but he doesn't score a single goal in his three year contract. Still a bargain, or massively overpriced?

Likewise if we spent 50 million on bringing Jay Bothroyd back. The football world laughs at us , but he scores 50 in 45 matches, and we win the premier league and the champions league the following season.  Doesn't that now make him a bargain?
Or does that make you dillusional.....??!! Only kidding - good point though - players value reflects what they do on the pitch AFTER purchase....Look at Bale....he has massive talent but he has a long way to go to prove his value
pugger
pugger
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 410

Postpugger Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:27 am

Only over paid due to the position we were in being newly promoted, but saying that you can surely see that Medel and Chalker were worth the fee?

If Cornelius comes in a fires a few home things will start to look a little bit better ( 15m for Andy Carroll bargain so far?) as I think the lad is clearly here as a target man.

Time will tell.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:17 am

Medel was worth the money, simply because of his importance to us. Malky quite rightly wants to play a system dependant on a deep lying midfielder and if we hadn't brought in Medel, proven at all levels outside England, we could have had a much worse start to the season. Caulker was also worth the outlay and frankly I would have paid more for him!

Rangel is presumably hoping to wind Medel up enough to make him do something stupid and get sent off.
steve.western.52
steve.western.52
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 709
Posting Flair : 50

Poststeve.western.52 Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:29 am

I would be more worried about Bellend...sorry Bellers....getting himself sent off
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338

Postlottydottyblue Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:20 am

Maybe that Rangel has been reading the papers that stated CCFC had gone over budget in the Summer. Something that was emphatically denied by MM at his press meeting prior to the Chelsea game. Bearing in mind that VT stated that he was prepared to splash out £25m, does anyone know the actual amounts paid by city for any of the players signed during the Summer?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:26 am

Red614 wrote:
TDA wrote:

Likewise if we spent 50 million on bringing Jay Bothroyd back. The football world laughs at us , but he scores 50 in 45 matches, and we win the premier league and the champions league the following season.  Doesn't that now make him a bargain?

Medel & Caulker have been excellent signings, but that doesn't alter the fact that we prbably paid more than the going rate for them.

I find the Velcro story emerging today interesting. I wonder whether we are being viewed as a club which can be "finessed" into paying over the odds for players. I am sure the agents must have an "old boys network" and share such info.......
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum