Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:04 pm

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:56 pm

I agree with much of what you say, other than sharing the blame between the managers if we get relegated. The problems were created under the old regime, which failed to prepare adequately on a number of fronts for a Premier League campaign.

OGS has bravely taken on what is in effect a poisoned chalice and has done his best in the Jan transfer window, which is never the ideal time to find players. His first month in charge included the two away games in Manchester and nobody, from the time the fixtures were announced, expected much in the way of points from January.

As I see it, OGS has been in charge for a total of seven games (only two at home), of which he has won three and lost four, which given the fixture list, wasn't a bad return. The poor performances against West Ham & Swansea hopefully have come early enough in his tenure for the weak areas to be addressed.

He is still finding his way with the squad and a style of play is evolving. We now know that Noone was held back on Saturday because of a slight injury and it appears to have been a straight choice between Bellamy and Mutch for the Swansea game.

Cardiff City, as a footballing team, have been damaged goods since the away game at Aston Villa. The job to rebuild confidence and come up with a system that will keep City up is immense. Any manager would struggle, given the timing of the managerial change and what had gone before.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:15 am

Nice article gloves! Enjoyed reading that and agree with the underlying worry behind the article.

This coming week could indeed see us steer around this relegation iceberg or indeed sink faster than the titanic.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:16 am

TDA wrote:

I agree with much of what you say, other than sharing the blame between the managers if we get relegated.  The problems were created under the old regime, which failed to prepare adequately on a number of fronts for a Premier League campaign.

OGS has bravely taken on what is in effect a poisoned chalice and has done his best in the Jan transfer window, which is never the ideal time to find players.  His first month in charge included the two away games in Manchester and nobody, from the time the fixtures were announced, expected much in the way of points from January.

As I see it, OGS has been in charge for a total of seven games (only two at home), of which he has won three and lost four, which given the fixture list, wasn't a bad return.  The poor performances against West Ham & Swansea hopefully have come early enough in his tenure for the weak areas to be addressed.

He is still finding his way with the squad and a style of play is evolving.  We now know that Noone was held back on Saturday because of a slight injury and it appears to have been a straight choice between Bellamy and Mutch for the Swansea game.  

Cardiff City, as a footballing team, have been damaged goods since the away game at Aston Villa.  The job to rebuild confidence and come up with a system that will keep City up is immense.  Any manager would struggle, given the timing of the managerial change and what had gone before.

Fantastic post tda - deserving of some flair I feel!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:19 am

TDA wrote:

I agree with much of what you say, other than sharing the blame between the managers if we get relegated.  The problems were created under the old regime, which failed to prepare adequately on a number of fronts for a Premier League campaign.

OGS has bravely taken on what is in effect a poisoned chalice and has done his best in the Jan transfer window, which is never the ideal time to find players.  His first month in charge included the two away games in Manchester and nobody, from the time the fixtures were announced, expected much in the way of points from January.

As I see it, OGS has been in charge for a total of seven games (only two at home), of which he has won three and lost four, which given the fixture list, wasn't a bad return.  The poor performances against West Ham & Swansea hopefully have come early enough in his tenure for the weak areas to be addressed.

He is still finding his way with the squad and a style of play is evolving.  We now know that Noone was held back on Saturday because of a slight injury and it appears to have been a straight choice between Bellamy and Mutch for the Swansea game.  

Cardiff City, as a footballing team, have been damaged goods since the away game at Aston Villa.  The job to rebuild confidence and come up with a system that will keep City up is immense.  Any manager would struggle, given the timing of the managerial change and what had gone before.

They have half a season each with a team good enough to win the championship. While occupying 17th in the table he then spent more money and brought in more players than many of our rivals. And yet you refuse to see a situation where OGS would also be to blame for relegation?

Ironic that in another topic we're discussing why people keep bringin up on the past on the rebrand, and yet the topic of Malky keeps getting brought up whenever anyone criticises the new regime...

Malkys team had its weaknesses but under his regime we nicked three points from man city, another point from Manchester United and won the derby match. If the team can do that, it's not as broken as some like to think.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:24 am

Red614 wrote:
TDA wrote:

They have half a season each with a team good enough to win the championship. While occupying 17th in the table he then spent more money and brought in more players than many of our rivals. And yet you refuse to see a situation where OGS would also be to blame for relegation?

Ironic that in another topic we're discussing why people keep bringin up on the past on the rebrand, and yet the topic of Malky keeps getting brought up whenever anyone criticises the new regime...

Malkys team had its weaknesses but under his regime we nicked three points from man city, another point from Manchester United and won the derby match. If the team can do that, it's not as broken as some like to think.

We are going to have to disagree on this.......

OGS has inherited someone else's squad, with slightly less than half a season to go and with much less scope in the short January window than the longer summer one to do significant rebuilding. We also have to accpet that he had far less money to spend.

Performances may well improve, but there may just not be enough games left to turn things around completely.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:32 am

Red614 wrote:
TDA wrote:

Seems to me Red that you bring up the subject of Malky's 'legacy' at every available opportunity.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:59 am

So I'm in the wrong, but whenever OGS is criticised and someone answers by saying many of our problems are Malkys fault, that's okay?

I do bring him up a lot, but only when I think people are being unfair about it. This is a case of discussing the clubs current predicament and look who started getting blamed again.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:28 am

Malky out. NQAT
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:01 am

Top debating fellas but as per usual I have nothing of interest to add.

So, I shall go away again now... coat
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:02 am

Well said Arkay. Spot on.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:05 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:Well said Arkay. Spot on.

I'm back, just to clarify I have read your comment and will continue to go away again.

Keep up the good work fellas - especially you Cyncoed.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum