View previous topic View next topic Go down

DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:03 pm

but I am hoping you won't mind as it's quiet on here at the mo. This one has been slapping me in the face for ages now, seems far too obvious.

Why don't Leyton Orient (my father's team, tenuous link) move into the Boleyn Ground when West Ham vacate it? They have a couple of years to come up with the money, it's only up the road and there may be a proportion of people who go to watch West Ham who don't want to go to the Olympic Stadium so they may get some new fans. 

Is this one of those in a perfect world scenario things?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:28 pm

Probably too obvious a move........Sorry. Nothing to do with Cardiff 3392635135
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Orient's opposition to West Ham taking over the Olympic Stadium is based on grievance over them moving into 'their patch' - if they then did the exact opposite it would be rather odd.

It's only about 3 miles from Brisbane Road to the Boleyn Ground, which seems nothing really. The Olympic Stadium is roughly halfway between the 2 clubs.

Most of the financing for the West Ham move is based on redevelopment of the land on their existing site.
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostDrewBlue Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:57 am

i think it would not be odd for that exact reason, if west ham are moving into their patch then orient should do the same, only seems fair like

if orient could come up with a similar figure the hammers are receiving for the land wouldn't that make it more viable?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:25 am

DrewBlue wrote:i think it would not be odd for that exact reason, if west ham are moving into their patch then orient should do the same, only seems fair like

if orient could come up with a similar figure the hammers are receiving for the land wouldn't that make it more viable?

Given the price of development land in London, that probably wouldn't be feasible. However, if they could raise that type of money, then Orient would be far better off redeveloping on their own patch.
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostDrewBlue Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:06 am

even tho there is an already purpose built stadium being vacated soon? plus brisbane road has blocks of flats in each of the corners, would be easier developing that land
The Other Mr Bean
The Other Mr Bean
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 469
Posting Flair : 20

PostThe Other Mr Bean Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:09 am

What about the capacity of UP compared to Brisbane Road. It would be quite embarrising playing in front of small crowds at a big ground when you're not used to it.

It would be like the jacks playing at our place Sorry. Nothing to do with Cardiff 692773407 
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:19 am

The Other Mr Bean wrote:What about the capacity of UP compared to Brisbane Road.  It would be quite embarrising playing in front of small crowds at a big ground when you're not used to it.

It would be like the jacks playing at our place Sorry. Nothing to do with Cardiff 692773407 

I've wondered about that with West Ham playing at the Olympic Park (or whatever is called). They aren't the best supported London club..........
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:09 am

I work with a few Hammers fans and they all say the same thing. Think they're hoping for reduced prices to fill it out a bit.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum