davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:26 am

okay here goes.
since he came here he has been the instigator of negative and un-attractive football. he has transformed a free ranging midfielder into a shadow of his former self.

he set out his don't loose stall early by having peter whittingham in a sweeping up the rubbish role. it did not work with one sweeping midfielder and now he has introduced a second. all that he has done is to ruin a talented free-scoring midfielder.

it took half the season and injuries to other players for him to realise that kim could actually play football. when he was forced to play him, he found that he was so good he ought to play him some more.

his don't loose tactics saw us limp over the finishing line when in fact we had the league in our pocket by christmas.
if we ever fell behind in a fixture, generally he did not have the know-how to turn it around. that was in the championship and he has learnt nothing since. if you doubt me then re-watch the palace fixture

the opening game of the premier league season, one that we had planned for, anticipated for so long was an unmitigated disaster. this from a man who claimed a degree in planning and organisation

now you know why i think he should have gone at the end of last season, if not before. for me he did not cut it in the championship and he won't in the premier league.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:29 am

I think what is being highlighted time and time again is the lack of footballing knowledge possessed by our owner and his board of directors. Alarm bells have been ringing for some time and well before the beginning of this season.

Nevertheless, as some of our friends on here point, Malky did get us to the PL and perhaps had earned the chance to show what he was capable of.

However, one-dimensional tactics and a couple of shambolic forays into a higher value part of the transfer market, I think have confirmed those limitations.
pugger
pugger
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 410
Posting Flair : 60

Postpugger Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:10 am

Malky cut it in the championship as we are in the prem.
5 other prem teams would like to be in our position.
We have not been in the bottom 3 all season.
Peter Whittingham scored in our last game and we won 3 points.
The only thing that will be limited is our time in this league if Malky gets the sack.
I have been to several games this season and had some of the best days out in living memory (Man City & Swans) and the man is delivering.
 my view on malky mackay 833362651 
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:25 am

- Took over a team with 10 players (including some who wouldn't make it into a League 2 side)

- Reached only Cardiff's second major cup final in 85 years in his first season

- Reached the play-off semi-final's despite the target for the season being a mid-table finish

- Stormed the Championship in his second season, with Cardiff leading from the early months of the campaign until the end - in fact it was rather boring because it was so easy

- Has gained 17 points before Christmas to leave Cardiff is a position that many had dreamed of, with victories against Manchester City and Swansea City, as well as a battling draw against the Champions.

- Leads Cardiff to survival in their first season in the Premier League, before pushing the club on to a mid-table finish in their second campaign in the top-tier?
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:39 am

Pffft... and dave says he should've gone end of last season, my view on malky mackay 692773407
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:46 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:- Took over a team with 10 players (including some who wouldn't make it into a League 2 side)

- Reached the play-off semi-final's despite the target for the season being a mid-table finish

- Stormed the Championship in his second season, with Cardiff leading from the early months of the campaign until the end - in fact it was rather boring because it was so easy

- Has gained 17 points before Christmas to leave Cardiff is a position that many had dreamed of, with victories against Manchester City and Swansea City, as well as a battling draw against the Champions.

- Leads Cardiff to survival in their first season in the Premier League, before pushing the club on to a mid-table finish in their second campaign in the top-tier?

Yeah, all of that! But the bit I've bolded, a lot of people can so easily forget (myself included) what malky has achieved since he's been here

Boring football or not, the way he has been treated is a disgrace.

Last edited by Rhys on Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:55 am

Yes, all of that. He deserves every bit of credit for where the club is. It doesn't mean he is the right one to take it on to the next level, which is where we and Vincent Tan want to be.

The working relationship is all but wrecked. Unless that can be properly repaired, Malky's job, difficult in the first instance, is nigh impossible, particularly if there is going to be continuing interference from above.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:13 am

Somebody just told me that BBC Wales are reporting that Tan has said resign or be sacked. Anybody else heard this?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:26 am

Yes, there are a couple of threads already.....
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:57 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:- Took over a team with 10 players (including some who wouldn't make it into a League 2 side)

yes credit where credit is due, but both he and dj had a hell of a lot of luck with the draw. i acknowledge that there is nothing wrong with that.

he hardly stormed the league. come the end of the season we limped over the line. i know, i went to loads of those away matches and saw some crap performances

yes, we did well against man u and it is certainly the best time to play a big gun. right at the start when they know so little about you
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338

Postlottydottyblue Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:32 am

Rhys wrote:

Yeah, all of that! But the bit I've bolded, a lot of people can so easily forget (myself included) what malky has achieved since he's been here

So disgracefully has he been treated that he has been allowed to spend more in this season than has been spent during the history of the club and that money has come from VT's pocket because we certainly haven't had it from anyone else. my view on malky mackay 3392635135 
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:09 am

lottydottyblue wrote:
Rhys wrote:

So disgracefully has he been treated that he has been allowed to spend more in this season than has been spent during the history of the club and that money has come from VT's pocket because we certainly haven't had it from anyone else. my view on malky mackay 3392635135 

Oh come on lotty, I was clearly referring to Tan's appalling behaviour and public treatment of our manager in the last week that can only be described as disgraceful. I was obviously not referring to malky's overall tenure or the backing he received in the transfer market- that would be absurd.

Irrelevant of what you think of Malky's ability as a manager, he does not deserve to be subjected to the attempted public embarrassment and undermining that Tan has inflicted on him. Tan is nothing short of a bully.

How would you feel if your boss decided he wanted you out, for good reason or not, and the way he went about it was to publicly embarras you and by telling everyone else how crap a job he thinks you've done. Well that is what Malky is dealing with but on a national level with the country's press and pundits all commenting on it. It's a man's life and livelihood we are talking about here.

Its a disgrace and tan had made himself, not our club, a laughing stock.
pugger
pugger
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 410

Postpugger Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:39 pm

The media have now turned on Tan, how will any manager of quality want to come here now?
Mangers of other teams and ex-players are all saying what a nut job we have as an owner.
You could not make it up.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:29 pm

my view on malky mackay 1525230823 
It's all about results really, and there's no doubt he would leave the club in a much stronger position than when he arrived.

I get frustrated by some of his negative tactics and there are question marks over player recruitment, but his overall efforts have to be commended.

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum