*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:31 am

Sorry to put a negative spin on what was a wonderful day overall. The Mackay situation is worrying me though!

http://www.shoot.co.uk/owner-overshadows-win/
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:49 am

so he refused to comment on speculation. what speculation? whose speculation? how was it dreamed up and by who?

most of you have been reading too many bed-time stories
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:19 am

It's more to do with events over the past three weeks. Mackay is refusing to discuss Vincent Tan, and Tan, when given the chance to give a comment, chose not to.

This is not healthy. I can't help but feel that back-to-back losses any time soon and Mackay will be gone.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:35 am

i agree gloves and to be honest i hope that the chairman can pour oil over troubled waters, but am unsure about that
pugger
pugger
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 410
Posting Flair : 60

Postpugger Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:39 pm

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:Sorry to put a negative spin on what was a wonderful day overall. The Mackay situation is worrying me though!

http://www.shoot.co.uk/owner-overshadows-win/
Worries me as well Gloves, and this could be the worst decision Tan can make regarding Cardiff.
Don’t mind all the other well publicised antics as Tan has done more good than most care to see, but this one single issue could derail are whole season.
Could he wait and convert his debt into equity as promised then pull the trigger on Malky?
Everyone can see our growth and progression which is quite frankly astounding, and this is also down to Malky and Tan.
For me you also have a dollop of medalling going on with Hamman (only my opinion) and this is also a worry.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:14 pm

I believe that too much is being made of the "no comment" by the media and that is unsettling for the fans.

How often have we seen at football press conferences, the proceedings puctuated by, "we are not going to talk about (something or other) today"?

Put on the spot in the after-match interview, I feel Tan was perfectly correct to deflect an irrelevant question.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:58 pm

TDA wrote:I believe that too much is being made of the "no comment" by the media and that is unsettling for the fans.

How often have we seen at football press conferences, the proceedings puctuated by, "we are not going to talk about (something or other) today"?

Put on the spot in the after-match interview, I feel Tan was perfectly correct to deflect an irrelevant question.
The thing is - he wasn't being asked for the meaning if life was he?

He was asked if Malky's job is currently safe.

Let's consider the evidence -

- He rebuilt the squad from nothing and got premiership football within 2 years

- We've been to a cup final

- We're currently 12th in the league

- We have just won the first ever premier league welsh derby

- The fans love him

The negatives? We were supposedly overspent but that is highly disputed. He's had two signing duds in two years, and one of those is potentially Tans fault.

Open and shut, isn't it? If it's a difficult question then fine don't comment, but straight after such an important match at least show the man some respect.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:36 pm

I understand all of what you say, but the fact remains that Tan MUST HAVE Premier League football to make his investment viable.  Relegation would be catastrophic financially.

The set-up of the team for some of the games so far and the battering the defence took was hardly confidence-inspiring. We have discussed this many times and the opinion of many is that Malky's approach is too intransigent for this league. I am sure the same doubts would have been planted in Tan's mind............and that is far more likely to be the root cause of the uncertainty.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:40 pm

TDA wrote:I understand all of what you say, but the fact remains that Tan MUST HAVE Premier League football to make his investment viable.  Relegation would be catastrophic financially.

The set-up of the team for some of the games so far and the battering the defence took was hardly confidence-inspiring.  We have discussed this many times and the opinion of many is that Malky's approach is too intransigent for this league.  I am sure the same doubts would have been planted in Tan's mind............and that is far more likely to be the root cause of the uncertainty.
As you know in certain games I've been in agreement. But if that is Tans thinking it explains exactly how little he knows about football. You fix the system when it js going badly, not when it is doing well. And 12th place says it's doing damn well.

Premiership survival is about results not performances. Most of us , certainly Tan id hope, would favour hoofball that puts us firmly mid table over attractive football that gets us relegated, a la Palace.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:46 pm

We all agree that Tan knows very little about the game and perhaps his expectations are unrealistic. Nevertheless, they are HIS expectations!

If my reasoning is sound, then I'm sure Tan will be reassured by the manner of the win over the Jacks and the 12th position. Had we performed badly, then I think Malky would probably have had the Villa game only to turn things around.

As it is, I believe that if we get something from the next away game, then the next two difficult home games may be something of a "free ride" for Malky in terms of results........provided we are competing.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum