View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:31 am

Hull owner Assem Allam has responded to fans pleas for their input on the name change by giving them the finger. He was quoted as saying 'no one will ever tell me how to run my business'. Basically he doesn't care an ounce what the fans think as long as he lines his own pockets. At least Tan pretends he cares occasionally.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:12 am

I think the two are buddies
steve.western.52
steve.western.52
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 709
Posting Flair : 50

Poststeve.western.52 Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Question is....have you ever seen VT and AA in the same room....could they be the same person?!!....
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:05 pm

steve.western.52 wrote:Question is....have you ever seen VT and AA in the same room....could they be the same person?!!....
There is something definitely a bit fishy about it Turns out Vincent Tan might not be the worst owner in the Premier League 4228682415
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:25 pm

There's definetely something funny about it too - Tan has gone on record with his dislike of the tag 'City', vue he's become more obsessed with the strip and badge. It's hard to deny he'll be keeping a keen eye on this. We probably should too for that reason.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:50 pm

It makes no difference what he does in terms of the name; Hull are not going to become a 'global' brand unless they reach the Champions league for several successive seasons.

So this nutter alienates his principal source of income - the local supporters of the club.

Tan take note!
steve.western.52
steve.western.52
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 709
Posting Flair : 50

Poststeve.western.52 Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:54 pm

G-ster wrote:It makes no difference what he does in terms of the name; Hull are not going to become a 'global' brand unless they reach the Champions league for several successive seasons.

So this nutter alienates his principal source of income - the local supporters of the club.

Tan take note!
Yeh like that is going to happen! VT will take as much note as my missus when I say...."Um, love, where has all this money gone and why do we seem to own so much furniture from Ikea"?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:34 am

G-ster wrote:It makes no difference what he does in terms of the name; Hull are not going to become a 'global' brand unless they reach the Champions league for several successive seasons.

Tan take note!
It's the problem with owners that know nothing about football - you can market the club all you like, but only on field success will bring recognition. It's unlike any other business for that reason.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:08 am

Red614 wrote:Hull owner Assem Allam has responded to fans pleas for their input on the name change by giving them the finger. He was quoted as saying 'no one will ever tell me how to run my business'. Basically he doesn't care an ounce what the fans think as long as he lines his own pockets. At least Tan pretends he cares occasionally.
if you owned something and somebody said that you have use it in a way that did not meet with your approval, i suspect you would tell them to piss off. i know i would. too many so called holier than thou attitudes around
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:21 am

davewebber65 wrote:
Red614 wrote:Hull owner Assem Allam has responded to fans pleas for their input on the name change by giving them the finger. He was quoted as saying 'no one will ever tell me how to run my business'. Basically he doesn't care an ounce what the fans think as long as he lines his own pockets. At least Tan pretends he cares occasionally.
if you owned something and somebody said that you have use it in a way that did not meet with your approval, i suspect you would tell them to piss off. i know i would. too many so called holier than thou attitudes around
Is that another personal attack Dave?

Football clubs are ran by boards, by shareholders, and by fans. Many clubs have fan representatives on the board, supporters clubs that are heavily involved in any discussions. They are not ran by one man, and it truly makes me worry about the future of the sport when people don't see a problem with a man spitting on fans as is happening here.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:19 am

Well in this case we don't follow a Swansea model, as Tan owns such a significant stake in the club that he doesn't have to answer to anyone. Additionally the majority of board members are associates of his which means that there is never likely to be significant opposition to him at board level
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:38 am

Red614 wrote:
davewebber65 wrote:

Football clubs are ran by boards, by shareholders, and by fans. Many clubs have fan representatives on the board, supporters clubs that are heavily involved in any discussions. They are not ran by one man, and it truly makes me worry about the future of the sport when people don't see a problem with a man spitting on fans as is happening here.
Let’s all take a breather fellas. Look at things as they are at CCFC and forget the opportunity to mud sling by raising issues that don’t affect CCFC. Unless I am badly misinformed, Allem has been trying to purchase the KC stadium from Hull City Council, and some of the things he has been coming out with have been his attempts to provoke the Council into discussions over the future ownership of the ground. (It’s obvious that if the club own the ground they become a much more attractive proposition to any future buyers.)
The things that VT has done which have upset me most are, 1. Changed the club home kit colours, 2. Changed the club crest and demoted the prominence of the Bluebird emblem by which we are known throughout the football world. Once he had done that I couldn’t care what colours the team play in. As for anything else, I’m prepared to wait and see what transpires if and when VT gains the 98% of shares he desires. I’ll take him at his word. Until then I’ll take his ‘never say never’ comments to mean that he will deal with things if and when the need ever arises. Once upset, always upset, but I remind myself that it is the team I support not the downer, whoever he may be.
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:40 am

lottydottyblue wrote:
Red614 wrote:
davewebber65 wrote:

Let’s all take a breather fellas.  Look at things as they are at CCFC and forget the opportunity to mud sling by raising issues that don’t affect CCFC.  Unless I am badly misinformed, Allem has been trying to purchase the KC stadium from Hull City Council, and some of the things he has been coming out with have been his attempts to provoke the Council into discussions over the future ownership of the ground. (It’s obvious that if the club own the ground they become a much more attractive proposition to any future buyers.)
The things that VT has done which have upset me most are, 1.  Changed the club home kit colours, 2. Changed the club crest and demoted the prominence of the Bluebird emblem by which we are known throughout the football world.  Once he had done that I couldn’t care what colours the team play in.  As for anything else, I’m prepared to wait and see what transpires if and when VT gains the 98% of shares he desires.  I’ll take him at his word.  Until then I’ll take his ‘never say never’ comments to mean that he will deal with things if and when the need ever arises.  Once upset, always upset, but I remind myself that it is the team I support not the downer, whoever he may be.  
Sorry folks, bad typo that.Turns out Vincent Tan might not be the worst owner in the Premier League 4228682415 Turns out Vincent Tan might not be the worst owner in the Premier League 4228682415 
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:43 am

I hadn't even noticed!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:49 am

I'm not saying it has to matter to everyone, but this matters to me. If Hull become Hull Tigers, and Tan follows suit and we end up Cardiff Dragons - I'm done. I said the name change was my breaking point and I'd refuse to give a single penny more to the club until Tan is gone.

If it happens.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum