Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:14 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-city-fans-face-five-match-6152769?

What's your thoughts on this? Is this is

A) A relief, you can finally sit on the seat that you have paid for and rest your legs?
b) This is an absolute outrage!

Personally - I enjoy being able to sit down, I feel sorry for the poor sods who are stuck behind the standing crowd who have no choice but to stand.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:23 pm

agree, i think they should be made to sitdown and throw them out if they don't
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Seperate seating and standing areas. Those that stand can, those that like to sit don't get their view blocked. Obvious, isn't it?
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:05 pm

Red614 wrote:Seperate seating and standing areas. Those that stand can, those that like to sit don't get their view blocked. Obvious, isn't it?
I agree with that but is it legal?
I sat in the Canton for the Spurs game and thought my seat was ok until the teams came out when everybody in front of me stood up and stayed like that throughout the game. I sat nearer the Ninian for the Newcastle game and it was better but there are still quite a few who stand up virtually every time the City cross the halfway line which has a knock on effect.
I'm a gold member so can't always pick and choose but a lot of my mates with seasons in the Ninian and in the Canton corner of the grandstand tell me they are having constant bother over this.
Oh for those bottom division days when I could pick my seat with nobody within 10 yards of me coat 
RAF_bluebird
RAF_bluebird
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 209
Posting Flair : 10

PostRAF_bluebird Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:09 pm

i like to stand during the game, helps with the atmosphere IMO but can understand those who want to sit.

i do like the half time sit down mind.......when i dont go below for a beer that is!!
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:13 am

I think the club have been pretty clear on this; standing is allowed in the Canton end but nowhere else.

Although there has to be concessions made to those who do not wish to stand due to ill-health, age, etc.

Seems reasonable to me.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:26 am

I enjoy standing to be honest, but 5 match ban is harsh, Didnt they make the canton stand a stand friendly zone?? City fans face a 5 match ban for standing 4228682415
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:40 am

Is it only the middle blocks of the Canton which want/are allowed to stand all the way through? In which case I will avoid them in future as the standing  seems to taper off going towards the Ninian corner flag and by aisle 109 doesn't occur unless something has happened on the pitch.
I think the solution is if everyone under 50 is banned from entering the ground, we won't have any of these problems City fans face a 5 match ban for standing 635981802
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:10 am

I'm not a legal exper but I don't think any laws or rules would stop you nominating areas as 'sitting only' and 'standing permitted'. Just to clarify, I'm not talking terraces, you still have a seat just whether you choose to use it or not is up to you, the capacity would remain the same. The only new 'rule' I would establish is banning standing in the seating areas, or at least make sure people sit back down reasonably quickly when things get exciting.

Ticketing would be an issue. Season ticket holders would be simple, you simply tick a box in your renewal form as to which format you'd prefer and it should be easy to accommodate them all. Gold members and normal ticket purchasers would also get the option as far as is available, but might just have to put up with what they get given.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:10 am

I like to stand, so always purchase my ticket around 105 in the Canton Stand. I think it's fair enough - if you prefer standing, get a ticket in this area.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum