View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 am

I seen posts on Twitter, Facebook & AAMB ( i darent look on CCMB) Seriously people need to get a grip, Its 1 Game, Malky needs to be given till end of season regardless, Some fans literally can go f**k themselves People Calling For Malky Out 904430666 
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:01 am

Farcical. The staff have done as much as they can to prepare the team and it was never likely we would start our first season in the Premier against a dogged and organised side like West Ham with a win.

Medel and Caulker showed they are class and Kim and Whitts were promising but just need to settle. We all agreed that everything came down our right flank and Connolly was the primary issue, but we also know that Malky was trying to sign full-backs, meaning he is well aware of our weakness. We also complained about a lack of penetration, but our main threat, Cornelius, was injured and Malky is desperately chasing wingers to provide balls into the box.

My only criticism is that we perhaps should have played 5-4-1, with Huds, Turner and Caulker in central defence and John and Brayford as wing backs. That might have shored us up at the back and provided more threat on the flanks.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:09 am

On the subject of the right wing, I thought Bellamy was poor yesterday. His body language is always a bit aggro but he seemed especially negative on the pitch than normal. Hopefully, he'll improve like the rest of the squad as his experience could be invaluable.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:11 am

I'm looking forward to the arrival of a winger. Scott Sinclair would be a coup but Jefferson Montero would do nicely. I think an article in the Guardian that listed every teams weak point stayed ours was Gestede...he certainly looked it yesterday!
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:27 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:On the subject of the right wing, I thought Bellamy was poor yesterday. His body language is always a bit aggro but he seemed especially negative on the pitch than normal. Hopefully, he'll improve like the rest of the squad as his experience could be invaluable.
The start of our good run last season coincided with Bellamy's mystery injury / family problems, when his demeanour was very much as you have described.....
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:32 am

TDA wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:On the subject of the right wing, I thought Bellamy was poor yesterday. His body language is always a bit aggro but he seemed especially negative on the pitch than normal. Hopefully, he'll improve like the rest of the squad as his experience could be invaluable.
The start of our good run last season coincided with Bellamy's mystery injury / family problems, when his demeanour was very much as you have described.....
Hmmm, yes and perhaps my good run of postings started AFTER learning to correct my grammar in poorly constructed sentences too People Calling For Malky Out 2854552383
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:50 am

Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:I seen posts on Twitter, Facebook & AAMB ( i darent look on CCMB) Seriously people need to get a grip, Its 1 Game, Malky needs to be given till end of season regardless, Some fans literally can go f**k themselves People Calling For Malky Out 904430666 
I think there is too much at stake financially for Malky to be given the whole season. Tan is banking on staying in the PL, otherwise his investment in Cardiff is looking a bit shaky.

The problem as I see it is that Malky Mackay is perceived as an average Championship level player managing a Championship level team. He has no experience at the top level and therefore little credibility as a top level manager. That has been clearly demonstrated by his inability to land his primary targets and that has left the squad weak in vital areas.

I know it has only been one game, but yesterday's playing formation and game plan were so predictable, it was no wonder Sam Allardyce was smiling all through the game.....and that doesn't happen very often.

No, I am sorry Tache, but Malky's limitations, which some of us have mentioned repeatedly, are being exposed. Creating chances from open play was always going to be the prime area to be addressed and he has had since May to sort that out. It hasn't been done and there is no guarantee that a couple of effective players will yet be signed.

To compound the problem, he had neither Noone nor Conway on the bench yesterday, nor even had he considered Brayford, who was supposed to have been bought to supplement the attacking options down the right.

These are fundamental tactical errors........he is still obsessed with not losing games, rather than trying to win them. Unless he changes that mindset, then City are going to be in deep sh*t before the end of September.

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:52 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:
TDA wrote:
Hmmm, yes and perhaps my good run of postings started AFTER learning to correct my grammar in poorly constructed sentences too People Calling For Malky Out 2854552383

......still better than the average AAMB or CCMB poster.......People Calling For Malky Out 1525230823 
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:02 am

I could literally copy and paste a post from last season, but ill summarise -

On one side you have people demanding Malky is sacked after one match - Those people are idiots that quite rightly need to get a grip.

But on the other you have people that seen to life in fairy tale land, that will continue to give Malky chances long after the club finds itself in league 2 and bankrupt. They refuse to accept any flaw of him, and are also idiots.

So what's wrong with the middle? With accepting that while Malky deserve a chance for his exploits, the clubs future survival financially vitally needs success, and if it doesn't happen changes could happen?
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:05 am

TDA wrote:
Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:I seen posts on Twitter, Facebook & AAMB ( i darent look on CCMB) Seriously people need to get a grip, Its 1 Game, Malky needs to be given till end of season regardless, Some fans literally can go f**k themselves People Calling For Malky Out 904430666 
I think there is too much at stake financially for Malky to be given the whole season.  Tan is banking on staying in the PL, otherwise his investment in Cardiff is looking a bit shaky.

The problem as I see it is that Malky Mackay is perceived as an average Championship level player managing a Championship level team.  He has no experience at the top level and therefore little credibility as a top level manager.  That has been clearly demonstrated by his inability to land his primary targets and that has left the squad weak in vital areas.

I know it has only been one game, but yesterday's playing formation and game plan were so predictable, it was no wonder Sam Allardyce was smiling all through the game.....and that doesn't happen very often.

No, I am sorry Tache, but Malky's limitations, which some of us have mentioned repeatedly, are being exposed.  Creating chances from open play was always going to be the prime area to be addressed and he has had since May to sort that out.  It hasn't been done and there is no guarantee that a couple of effective players will yet be signed.  

To compound the problem, he had neither Noone nor Conway on the bench yesterday, nor even had he considered Brayford, who was supposed to have been bought to supplement the attacking options down the right.

These are fundamental tactical errors........he is still obsessed with not losing games, rather than trying to win them.  Unless he changes that mindset, then City are going to be in deep sh*t before the end of September.

People Calling For Malky Out BangHead1

Rhys! Can we add this smiley please?

I think one way or another everyone is going to want to use it this season.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:08 am

Red614 wrote:I could literally copy and paste a post from last season, but ill summarise -

On one side you have people demanding Malky is sacked after one match - Those people are idiots that quite rightly need to get a grip.

But on the other you have people that seen to life in fairy tale land, that will continue to give Malky chances long after the club finds itself in league 2 and bankrupt. They refuse to accept any flaw of him, and are also idiots.

So what's wrong with the middle? With accepting that while Malky deserve a chance for his exploits,  the clubs future survival financially vitally needs success, and if it doesn't happen changes could happen?
Yes! Yes! Yes!!
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:29 am

There can be no talk of sackings until we hit the end of December. Then we can review the first half of the campaign and whether it is feasible to continue with who we have.

Any talk before that is simply farcical. Malky is still learning, and has a lot left to learn, but there's a reason he has so many links within the game and is so coveted as a manager.

Please please please write off the Man City match as it will be a tad frustrating if we lose heavily, which would be expected for a newly promoted side, and find people on here saying that it was because of Malky's inability to manage a football team!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:41 am

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:There can be no talk of sackings until we hit the end of December. Then we can review the first half of the campaign and whether it is feasible to continue with who we have.

Any talk before that is simply farcical. Malky is still learning, and has a lot left to learn, but there's a reason he has so many links within the game and is so coveted as a manager.

Please please please write off the Man City match as it will be a tad frustrating if we lose heavily, which would be expected for a newly promoted side, and find people on here saying that it was because of Malky's inability to manage a football team!
This is what I'm saying, without even knowing what will happen you're already defending Malky. Of course if Malky fails we can critiscise him, because there's a difference between losing because you're a weaker side and losing heavily because you're a weaker side AND your manager forgot to put any fullbacks or wingers on the bench. I won't complain if we lose 7-0, but I will complain if we lose 7-0 because Malky puts Connolly at right back again and the team is still hoofing the ball aimlessly.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:42 am

As hard as it is to remember every single manager in the Prem has had to take their first steps at this level at some point. Some people seem to think we have already outgrown 'rooky managers' and deserve someone with more experience.

We haven't. I have shaken my head and looked on with derision many times in the past at the kind of clubs who will chop and change managers at the drop of a hat. I would be embarassed if we now became one of them.

If Malky fails then i am sure that Tan will be looking to make changes. He has very much earned the time to prove himself or otherwise on the back of our automatic promotion last year though.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:12 am

Yes I AM defending Malky because he made us champions last year and its only one game in! He may well stick with Connolly for a few games on the basis that he feels he's a better option than Kev (who is similar but even more limited) and Brayford is weaker defensively. Plus he probably thinks Connolly may be eager to stone for his mistakes
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum