View previous topic View next topic Go down

R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:16 am

Looks good. At our current state we'd sell out 33,000 seats no problem. Why didn't they look to sort this out in the off-season though?

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/stadium-phase-one-development-994444.aspx
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:27 am

All about timing, I guess. They start in early October to get completion by next July in time for the UEFA Super Cup. The main impact of a roofless stand leaving us fans open to the elements will only happen in the latter stages of the season - hopefully the weather then will be more clement than in the depths of winter, which is what we could have faced if work started earlier.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:35 am

Given the amount of time it will take to redevelop it looks like the work couldn't be completed during the close season anyway. It seems that the existing fans will be unaffected in their current seating as they extend the stadium behind the stand.

I imagine the actual changing of the seating will be the final part which will happen during the close season to complete the work by July next year.

It is going to look a little strange i think with the new stand looking like an obvious extension to the stadium. I suppose if they ended up extending all the way around to the same degree it would look 'right' again but i am really not sure what kind of crazy capacity that would leave us with.
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:59 am

most of the work will be carried out behind the scenes as previously mentioned, the only effect being the roofless stand for a small portion of the latter stage of the season. i say enjoy it, will hark back to the old days of the bob bank and grange end, may bring back some old memories/feelings.

toast: it works for newcastle doesn't it? and they don't have a bad shed at all
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:01 am

I checked and double checked coat
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:28 am

DrewBlue wrote:most of the work will be carried out behind the scenes as previously mentioned, the only effect being the roofless stand for a small portion of the latter stage of the season. i say enjoy it, will hark back to the old days of the bob bank and grange end, may bring back some old memories/feelings.

toast: it works for newcastle doesn't it? and they don't have a bad shed at all
Just had a look at the pictures for the outside of St James' Park and to be honest i think it looks weird as f**k Stadium Expansion Plans 692773407 

I think i just like a rough kind of symmetry so hope the stands will all end up around the same height and without bits jutting out on the outside. We just need to develop the stadium all around and find enough fans to put in there Stadium Expansion Plans 1525230823
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:06 am

Toast Boy wrote:just need to develop the stadium all around and find enough fans to put in there Stadium Expansion Plans 1525230823
If you secure Champions League football, they will come.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:22 pm

33k will be fine if the team survives in the Premier League.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum