Postdavewebber65 Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Curious signing by Malky IMO. Regardless of whether he turns out to be any good or not, Marshall was one of the outstanding players last season, and Lewis has proved more than capable as a backup.

I genuinely believe our goalkeeper is probably the area in least need of improvement.

Investment maybe?
Alf Red
Alf Red
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 286
Posting Flair : 10

PostAlf Red Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:11 pm

We definitely need 3 decent keepers in the squad Red. Remember what happened a couple of seasons back when Marshall and Heaton were both injured during the run in? Having to play the useless loanee Bywater arguably played a major part in our failure to get promotion.

It will be interesting to see whether it will be Moore or Lewis who starts the season as number 2 to Marshall.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:20 pm

Moore is probably a long term option and could be loaned out on the basis that he can be recalled at any time?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:24 pm

Alf Red wrote:We definitely need 3 decent  keepers in the squad Red. Remember what happened a couple of seasons back when Marshall and Heaton were both injured during the run in? Having to play the  useless loanee  Bywater arguably played a  major part in our failure to get  promotion.

It will be interesting to see whether it will be Moore or Lewis who starts the season as number 2 to Marshall.

Agreed, I've said the same myself. But I didn't expect Malky to go out and find a keeper who will challenge for first spot when there's so many other options that would be more suitable for. I said when I made the same point that while it has happened before a third choice keeper is highly, highly unlikely to ever be called upon for extended periods of time. When a team is forced to rely on their third choice for any position, a dip in performance is expected naturally.

I'd of been happy with a loan of any half decent keeper whose job would be purely to sit on the bench so Lewis can grow in the development instead of fading away. With three keepers all vying for a shot you're always going to get one rotting on the benches.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:16 am

i can see lewis going and young richards from the academy taking the third slot as they took him to switzerland. if simon moore is as good as people say then he will seriously challenge dave marshall whoose positional play is i think a bit suspect.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:28 am

Moore will take over the number 1 spot in a few seasons as he has better potential. Marshall will be found out a few times this season for his positioning and command of his area. Although he is a great shot stopper
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum