View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:51 am

The kit as it was.

All this malarkey has caused unnecessary bad press.

The Club backtracking, and the fans on message boards have been made a laughing stock.

A photograph can give a false impression to how something actually looks.

Anyone would have thought the world was ending.
They should have left.. 635981802
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:07 am

They should have left.. 3874419067
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:22 am

True enough, but what's Cardiff City without the occasional bit of farce..... :cup:
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:24 am

TDA wrote:True enough, but what's Cardiff City without the occasional bit of farce..... :cup:
Occasional? Pretty regular bedfellows, I'd say! They should have left.. 692773407
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:31 am

They should have left.. 692773407

Yeah kinda see your point but actually prefer the black.

So yeeaaahhh, one nil to the fans! (Not at all new coke like..honest)
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend

Postdavewebber65 Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:40 am

yes i would prefer black shorts with blktrim to the shirts, but what we have ended up with is a complete farce. the club has been made to look stupid by those with a vested intrest in blue, we would have been better off in two tone red.
those who think it was planned this way to get acceptance of a red shirt are seeing too many reds under the bed. if i were vinnie tan i would say stuff you, take my money and walk away.
i did not vote as i never had the opportunity, if i had it would have been for the two tone red, not because it was my first choice but because changing would have meant capitulation to kcb. if view offends then i will fcuk off.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:52 am

Nothing offensive about your views, Dave. I agree with you that the whole thing has been a complete farce and the club has looked stupid. So many grown men kicking up such a fuss about colour combinations and football fashions!

I also don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory that it was all planned to get acceptance of the red shirt - not least because of the negative publicity and the way the club (and fans) have looked stupid.

I don't agree that changing the kit means capitulation to KCB, because they're not interested in any of the choices on offer. But that's only my view, and I'm sure that won't offend you, either!
They should have left.. 1525230823
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:29 pm

davewebber65 wrote:yes i would prefer black shorts with blktrim to the shirts, but what we have ended up with is a complete farce. the club has been made to look stupid by those with a vested intrest in blue, we would have been better off in two tone red.
those who think it was planned this way to get acceptance of a red shirt are seeing too many reds under the bed. if i were vinnie tan i would say stuff you, take my money and walk away.
i did not vote as i never had the opportunity, if i had it would have been for the two tone red, not because it was my first choice but because changing would have meant capitulation to kcb. if view offends then i will fcuk off.

I think you're having problems distinguishing betwee people who want the City to take to the field looking more professional, and slightly less of a laughing stock, and the KCB.
I would assume that many true KCB individuals would not have even had a vote here as they wouldn't be season ticket holders.
The club compromising does not show a weakness, and it certainly won't be capitalised upon to push for changes to blue.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:54 pm

R-DONO wrote:The club compromising does not show a weakness, and it certainly won't be capitalised upon to push for changes to blue.
I agree the compromise and the consultation doesn't show a weakness, but getting this so wrong in the first place does. This was a relatively minor change which the club should have been able to manage without consultation.

Those pushing for a return to blue now see this as some sort of precedent, i.e. 'if they can get a vote from the fans on the colour of the shorts, why can't they do the same for the shirts?', amid complaints that the club is run by Tan as a dictatorship. All of which is nonsense, as the shirt colour change was central to the rebrand and will never be put to a vote - it's much more of a policy decision. And why people expect the club to be run as a democracy with fans voting on all sorts of things is beyond me. Any private company has to be run by the management as a dictatorship, and they have to be able to make important decisions without the use of consultation, which will only produce mixed messages and indecision.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:20 pm

The alternative is government by committee, which never achieves anything.

For the benefit of younger contributors, it was often said years ago that "a camel was a horse designed by a committee."
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:29 pm

TDA wrote:The alternative is government by committee, which never achieves anything.

For the benefit of younger contributors, it was often said years ago that "a camel was a horse designed by a committee."
And even then they couldn't decide between one hump or two!
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:03 pm

davewebber65 wrote:yes i would prefer black shorts with blktrim to the shirts, but what we have ended up with is a complete farce. the club has been made to look stupid by those with a vested intrest in blue, we would have been better off in two tone red.
As we always say Dave, everyone is entitled to express their own opinion. So don't leave, continue to keep this board ticking over with your forthright, entertaining comments and keep us all entertained. I suspect that Puma advisors had something to do with the original colour of the shorts, (make them different and they cost more to produce). The poll of season ticket holders at least showed that VT and the club were prepared to elicit a vote from the fans and not just listen to 'rabble rousers'. For what it's worth, I think this was a victory for common sense.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:52 pm

The Tonker wrote:
R-DONO wrote:The club compromising does not show a weakness, and it certainly won't be capitalised upon to push for changes to blue.
I agree the compromise and the consultation doesn't show a weakness, but getting this so wrong in the first place does. This was a relatively minor change which the club should have been able to manage without consultation.

Those pushing for a return to blue now see this as some sort of precedent, i.e. 'if they can get a vote from the fans on the colour of the shorts, why can't they do the same for the shirts?', amid complaints that the club is run by Tan as a dictatorship. All of which is nonsense, as the shirt colour change was central to the rebrand and will never be put to a vote - it's much more of a policy decision. And why people expect the club to be run as a democracy with fans voting on all sorts of things is beyond me. Any private company has to be run by the management as a dictatorship, and they have to be able to make important decisions without the use of consultation, which will only produce mixed messages and indecision.

They should have left.. 3874419067

Flair play!
oldmandan
Academy Player
User Points : 62
Posting Flair : 0

Postoldmandan Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:40 am

My first gem of wisdom is this.
A club should be run by a committee provided it follows the basic rules that a committee should aways be made up of an odd number of members and three is too many.

Makes Tan the chairperson with the casting vote :
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend

Postdavewebber65 Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:19 am

yup. let him get on with it as he aint let us down
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum