View previous topic View next topic Go down

gazdadude
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 261
Posting Flair : 40

Postgazdadude Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

just woke up still cant believe that we got promoted last night was thinking on way home wherre we need to strenten for next season i think Marshall is good enough in goal and Maynard and Campbell are good enough strikers whould like a few defenders and a Midfielder just wondering what everyone else thought also its nice to see we're still trending on Twitter still cant believe it wondering where we need to strenthen - Page 2 833362651 still cant believe it wondering where we need to strenthen - Page 2 833362651 still cant believe it wondering where we need to strenthen - Page 2 833362651

Last edited by gazdadude on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : misstype)

Kate
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1754
Posting Flair : 220

PostKate Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:12 am

The Lad wrote:Ditch: Kev Crying or Very sad , Cowie, Conway, Velcro, Kiss, Helguson

The spine of the team will do well. There are questions over players like Taylor, Gestede, Connolly, etc. But I don't think 25m will be required. But hey if that much is available...Soton spent well over 20m and they are doing well but then you think of QPR. I'd like to think we have more in common with the Saints.

I agree with most of that but I don't think we can't ditch Velcro yet - not without a chance and I think Taylor has been great this year. There seems to be a view that he was our third best player this season after Marshall and Hudson,
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:39 am

thewelshfella wrote:The only thing I could think of this morning was that Tom Heaton must be gutted leaving a prem team for a team that has just been relegated.

He is way to good for that lot.

With any luck, he'll be picked up by a better team this summer.......
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:51 am

Kate wrote:
The Lad wrote:Ditch: Kev Crying or Very sad , Cowie, Conway, Velcro, Kiss, Helguson

The spine of the team will do well. There are questions over players like Taylor, Gestede, Connolly, etc. But I don't think 25m will be required. But hey if that much is available...Soton spent well over 20m and they are doing well but then you think of QPR. I'd like to think we have more in common with the Saints.

I agree with most of that but I don't think we can't ditch Velcro yet - not without a chance and I think Taylor has been great this year. There seems to be a view that he was our third best player this season after Marshall and Hudson,

Taylor is one of the best footballers in the squad, so comfortable in possession, good link up player and is a great crosser of a ball. Defensively he has his lapses, but more strengths than weaknesses, I'd say.

Velcro, we can talk about until the cows come home, but Malky had to have seen something to pay out 2€m. There must be a reason why he hasn't played given his obvious natural talent for scoring. All I can think is that Kimbo has looked lightweight at times and still was muscled out a bit last night against Charlton. Malky may well be thinking that Velcro may be more suited to the Premiership, but equally City may be looking to get their money back this summer, for reasons that we may never understand.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:45 am

Just to get people thinking...and we've already been linked to Hunt and Lees. It was written in early Jan though...

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/01/10/sb-championship-players-that-could-be-poached-by-the-premiership/
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:48 am

What's happened to Matt Phillips these days? Is he still doing the business at Blackpool?

Was wondering if Malky might go back for him again.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:54 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:What's happened to Matt Phillips these days? Is he still doing the business at Blackpool?

Was wondering if Malky might go back for him again.

Blackpool players seem to have slipped off the radar. Phillips scored against Palace and has started hitting form but has been battered by injury all season! I did wonder what had happened to Alex Baptiste, as he was supposed to be a quality player, and Neal Eardley...has Eardley been injured? I think he has?
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:09 am

how about a cheeky bid to bring aaron ramsey back? could be the big marquee signing people are talking about. also if a large cash injection into arsenals squad is true then he may not figure in mr wengers plans
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:48 pm

DrewBlue wrote:how about a cheeky bid to bring aaron ramsey back? could be the big marquee signing people are talking about. also if a large cash injection into arsenals squad is true then he may not figure in mr wengers plans

He signed a long term contract about 12 months ago and I'm not convinced we necessarily need him. If we are signing midfielders we probably need a tenacious holding midfielder or a right winger...not that I would complain if we did sign him!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top