Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:15 am

First topic message reminder :

On facebook today ive seen people who dont give a s**t about city normally bragging how.they have.tickets.for tommorow and bolton,, It winds me up cos i know for a.fact they r man u/ lpool fans normally, yet they b down city tommorow cheering us on then bk to supporting whoever.on sat, they werent rhere when we was s**t ao dont c why they should b aloud to join our sucess,

theres a.saying, if you cant support us at our worst then dont support us at our best!!!

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Also, what does wind me up tache is term 'plastics'. Although we all know what it means, the word makes no sense and is just plain annoying to my mind.

Remember, according to some idiots (particularly when this site was in its early days), the fact that you are on this board ( and are able to accept the rebrand, begrudgingly or otherwise) also makes you a plastic.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:53 pm

I agree with most of what been said here. Ill also add my own personal opinion on what makes me most angry.

Stranger - 'Who do you support?'
Me - 'Cardiff City'
Stranger - 'Who are your main team though?'

Implying first off that I'm not allowed to support a team that's not in the premiership, and simultaneously declaring its apparently okay to support a team AND Liverpool/United/Arsenal.
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Its all about history and tradition linked to success. We must have success in order for young kids making their childhood choices of whom they support to pick and stick with Cardiff City.
If we stay in the top flight for some time and even win something a new generation of lifers will naturally emerge to join us.
Frankly people like us who chose to follow City in the lower leagues are something of an oddity though we do have the moral high ground.
I hope sincerely that in 5 years we have a new generation of die hards who today dont exist and that there are 2 or 3 times as many people who are proud to call themselves bluebirds.
Its not a cause for jealousy or annoyance but for celebration!
Uwe Seeler made me cry
Uwe Seeler made me cry
Academy Player
User Points : 227
Posting Flair : 30

PostUwe Seeler made me cry Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:18 pm

It doesn't bother me for same reasons as other posts above - too busy enjoying my own love of the club.

Truth is we need success over a long term to build a generation of kids who have City as their team and don't even have City plus a big second team (like most of us probably did when we were kids tbh). This takes time and it helps with the Swans doing well too so it is a cross S Wales move.

Don't be annoyed - embrace it. I never met my grand dad. He took five kids on a walk from Penarth to the Civic Centre and back in 27 so they could listen to the final over the public radio display. He took it in turns to carry them on his shoulders. Just wish he was with me for a pint tonight. We all have a memory like that.

Anyone can go into Sports Direct and buy a replica shirt to be a fan; having real roots is incomparable so don't be annoyed as deep down they envy you and wish they had your roots. There is nothing more Welsh than having deep, deep roots and a sense of history. Now is our time.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Just come into work and my boss said 'big game tonight Gav' 'yeh, yeh' I said without enthusiasm (it's early, alright). She then said that if Cardiff do get to the Premier League her son will now support Cardiff instead of Liverpool! He's 10.
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168
Posting Flair : 100

PostWelshineire Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:47 pm

He's 10, she should have a bit more cop on. Some people need to be recorded so they can listen to how stupid they sound.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCaldi Blue Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Welshineire wrote:He's 10, she should have a bit more cop on. Some people need to be recorded so they can listen to how stupid they sound.

It was the kid who said he will now start supporting them off his volition.

But is this ok? Is this kid now a glory supporter, or is it ok as long as he sticks with Cardiff his whole life. It's important stuff imo, sorta helps shape who you are.
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostWelshineire Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:17 pm

I understood what you meant, and I would have little issue with a 10 year old saying that, but why his mother felt the need to express that to you is beyond me. Unless of course she is hitting on you and wants you to take him.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCaldi Blue Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Ah sorry! For some reason she just gets chuffed I'm a Cardiff fan and has to mention to me anything Cardiff related she hears. 'Cardiff are playing tonight' 'Good result last night' ' bad result last night' etc. She'll have a different view on it tomorrow when I'm hungover and productivity is at an all time low. And no, I can 100% say she's not hitting on me!!
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostWelshineire Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Does It Wind You Up... The "Plastics" - Page 2 1525230823
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:50 pm

a fella in my old work literally said to me he supports man utd because they win every game because 'you dont want to see your team lose all the time' i told him in fact he wasnt a supporter of the team or the club but he was a supporter of winning, which imo is anti sport. it was totally lost on him.

it drives me insane! to the point of near hatred.
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1617
Posting Flair : 80

PostNN2Red2 Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:31 am

"Financial Fair Play" is going to be based on a Club's income; maximising "Bums on seats" is therefore a priority.
A friend of mine from Northampton (originally from Liverpool) who was going up to Liverpool to watch Everton, bumped into some Liverpool fans on the train. They were actively debating switching their allegiances to Manchester United because Liverpool had become "Rubbish." No more than changing soap powder - each to their own I suppose.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:43 am

Some bint sat behind me had no idea of players names... "whos number 39? , oh the red man in no 17 shirt shot then unlucky" until some bloke told her to shut the f**k up or leave, Does It Wind You Up... The "Plastics" - Page 2 692773407
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:47 am

Vinnie Tans Red Coat wrote:Some bint sat behind me had no idea of players names... "whos number 39? , oh the red man in no 17 shirt shot then unlucky" until some bloke told her to shut the f**k up or leave, Does It Wind You Up... The "Plastics" - Page 2 692773407

Sometimes they just need telling.
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:55 am

Vinnie Tans Red Coat wrote:Some bint sat behind me had no idea of players names... "whos number 39? , oh the red man in no 17 shirt shot then unlucky" until some bloke told her to shut the f**k up or leave, Does It Wind You Up... The "Plastics" - Page 2 692773407

Everybody has to start somewhere, so good on her for coming out to support the boys last night. Let's all just hope that there are more like her out there who, having witnessed the celebratory scenes, enjoyed themselves so much that they become regular supporters. The more the merrier.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum