View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:38 pm

A day later than expected, but the prodigal son has returned. Apparently the Redbluebirds Moderator Code Of Conduct takes a little longer to get through customs than I thought, mainly due to the fact it requires a second airplane to transport it safely.

Sounds like I missed a blood pressure raising match against Peterborough and a barnstormer against Blackburn. I did get back in time to watch the Watford game and it felt like it I was never away - a good result but plenty of face palming whenever Conway either gave the ball away or threw himself to the ground. Malky gets my praise for setting us up in a way that proved so difficult to break down and delivering a good result, with Conway getting the nod over Noone my only doubt. I also silently cursed Malky dor not playing Kadeem Harris instead of Tommy Smith, but that was probably sown to too much time stuck playing FIFA in airports so i let that slide. Probably already been said, but Turner was superb in defence and Marshall pulled off one of the finest saves this league has seen in recent years to deny Watford.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Red, you're obsessed with Conway.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Welcome back red... Blackburn have was amazing. We kicked some serious ass, 14 shots on target before the opener I believe.

A decent point at Watford though it looks like we are going to limp over the line instead of triumphantly running over it.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:00 pm

We've just hammered Blackburn, got a great result at Watford, and have 3 home games coming including our game in hand.
When you consider we could be promoted with almost a month of the season to go, how is that limping over the line Rhys?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed Cyncoed? I'm back! 692773407

And it's true maybe I do spot his mistakes more than anyone else's. but does that mean I'm being unfair? I sat with friends watching the game yesterday and we all highlighted that around the box Conway seems to only be able to do two things regularly - give the ball away or fall over. He's had good matches, but they're few and far between and i feel we have several players consistently better than Conway being ignored.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:We've just hammered Blackburn, got a great result at Watford, and have 3 home games coming including our game in hand.
When you consider we could be promoted with almost a month of the season to go, how is that limping over the line Rhys?
I'm back! 3874419067
Not to mention being 8 pts clear of 3rd place. Great opportunity to kill things off over the next three home games.
I'm back! 1525230823
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Red614 wrote:Woke up on the wrong side of the bed Cyncoed? I'm back! 692773407

And it's true maybe I do spot his mistakes more than anyone else's. but does that mean I'm being unfair?

Um, yes. When it comes to giving the ball away, Noone was doing that far more frequently in his last few games. Conway does a lot of other things well, has a very good work rate, and his tracking back to assist the defence is exceptional. Noone offers more flair and inventiveness going forward, and I'd quite like to seem him brought in against Barnsley to see if he can take their defence apart. But Conway's a good team player, and he clearly fits Malky's game plan at the moment.

I was thinking it was you who'd got up on the wrong side of the bed with your scumbag rant against Conway!
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:Red, you're obsessed with Conway.

Got to agree with that!

Conway put in a great shift against Blackburn. Noone has been injured, but was unlikely to have figured yesterday in Malky's new all action midfield setup. Whitts wide left hasn't worked, which is why he is kicking his heels on the bench. Conway is the best fit we have.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Why I don't nessecerily agree either, I feel I should come to the aid of the boss here. Our last three results have comprised of losing to a team currently being relegated, convincingly beating another team relegation bound but that is also in free fall and then scraping a not exactly convincing draw against the third places team. While the performances have been good, result wise it's not top of the league standard. Like for like, it would be like Manchester United losing to QPR, beating Aston Villa and scrambling a draw against Tottenham and declaring them finishing in great form.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:25 pm

I thought yesterday was a very convincing draw.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:29 pm

TDA wrote:
Cyncoedslumdog wrote:Red, you're obsessed with Conway.

Got to agree with that!

Conway put in a great shift against Blackburn. Noone has been injured, but was unlikely to have figured yesterday in Malky's new all action midfield setup. Whitts wide left hasn't worked, which is why he is kicking his heels on the bench. Conway is the best fit we have.

Not being aware of Noone being injured is a flaw of me being away and only knowledgable of line ups, the scores and who scored them, ill bow to that.

Malky set up to defend, and at least in that viewpoint you're right Conway was the only choice. That doesn't nessecerily mean he's always the right choice though as going forward I'm sticking to my guns and saying 9 out of ten matches he's completely incompetent. I'd like to think if in the summer we have an arrival that can defend just as well but also rival Noone in attacking threat, Conways's days in the starting 11 are numbered.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:33 pm

If Conway has been completely incompetent in 9 out of 10 matches, you would have to question Malky's management ability in persisting with him in the line up, whether Noone is injured or not. I think Conway is more than competent in doing what he's being asked to do, and does it pretty effectively. I'm sure we'll need better players in the prem, but that's another matter.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:45 pm

The Tonker wrote:If Conway has been completely incompetent in 9 out of 10 matches, you would have to question Malky's management ability in persisting with him in the line up, whether Noone is injured or not. I think Conway is more than competent in doing what he's being asked to do, and does it pretty effectively. I'm sure we'll need better players in the prem, but that's another matter.

Problem is, I do often doubt Malky's capabilities... I'm back! 692773407
PontyBlue
PontyBlue
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 270
Posting Flair : 10

PostPontyBlue Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:47 pm

If we win Tuesday and Saturday, and Watford don't win Saturday, we are up with 4 games to go.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:54 pm

I reckon we are already up, even if we end up losing 5 out of our last 6.

Assuming we beat Barnsley, that gives us an 11 point lead with 5 games left. Watford have away ties against Peterborough, Millwall and Leicester left, all potential banana skins. They go into them knowing they HAVE to win at least 2 of the three, one win and two draws or one win a loss and a draw not being enough to catch us. Don't see it happening.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum