View previous topic View next topic Go down

Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1550
Posting Flair : 130

PostPhil Blue/Red Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Promotion is now a very serious possibility. This would be an amazing achievement, but I find it quite sad that many of the players who will have worked so hard to get us to the Premiership won't be in the team if we get there.

Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:35 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:
Red614 wrote:Hey! Gloves made the exact same point I did and even used the sample examples! That's damn favouritism Arkay! The Sad Side of Promotion. - Page 3 692773407
The Sad Side of Promotion. - Page 3 692773407

Just noticed.

Great minds....

I love you both and dream of you equally, often at the same time, doing things together... The Sad Side of Promotion. - Page 3 3007651330

Surely that must make you feel better Red??
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1617
Posting Flair : 80

PostNN2Red2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:16 am

Phil Blue/Red wrote:Promotion is now a very serious possibility. This would be an amazing achievement, but I find it quite sad that many of the players who will have worked so hard to get us to the Premiership won't be in the team if we get there.

I always thought this was contributory factor to Jones ultimate failure year in year out - too many people in the Cardiff set up we paid too much to need promotion to the Premiership. Including Jones himself.
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostNN2Red2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:24 am

TDA wrote:
Phil Blue/Red wrote:
Caer y Glyn wrote:If Malky is as good as people think he is he will step up and using his pragmatic style grind out a respectable first year in the Prem. if not......he knows its a results game. I would like to think he is a bit special and wil build a dynasty at the City. That is until Man U come calling....
I agree.

Nah! Moyes to Man Utd, Malky to Everton..........

There's quite a few people who think Moyes will go to Manchester United. Personally, as he has only won promotion to the Premiership with Preston and nothing else, I would be surprised.

He hasn't even won away at Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool in 10 years in charge at Everton.

Played 40 W 0

Still, stranger things have happened I suppose - word from Goodison is that if Everton do not qualify for the Champions League, Moyes will be off anyway.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:14 am

Yes, not sure. Now Muriniho would probably be interested in the job.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:51 pm

NN2Red2 wrote:
TDA wrote:
Phil Blue/Red wrote:
Caer y Glyn wrote:If Malky is as good as people think he is he will step up and using his pragmatic style grind out a respectable first year in the Prem. if not......he knows its a results game. I would like to think he is a bit special and wil build a dynasty at the City. That is until Man U come calling....
I agree.

Nah! Moyes to Man Utd, Malky to Everton..........

There's quite a few people who think Moyes will go to Manchester United. Personally, as he has only won promotion to the Premiership with Preston and nothing else, I would be surprised.

He hasn't even won away at Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool in 10 years in charge at Everton.

Played 40 W 0

Still, stranger things have happened I suppose - word from Goodison is that if Everton do not qualify for the Champions League, Moyes will be off anyway.

I believe that Moyes is the right type of character for the ManU setup. Compared to the "big boys", he has had precious little money to build any sort of team at Everton and has had to sell the crown jewels from time to time. The lack of away success is a fact, but there can be no doubt that he is a manager that can get the best out of a team.............he just hasn't had the highest quality to work with so far.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:57 pm

The thing is with Moyes, you just don't know what he will be like with Man Red, it's a completely different set up to Everton, you never know, he may actually fail if he had loads of money to spent. Bargain hunting could just be his thing.

As for the Cardiff who will stay and go topic I agree with Gloves, but Red is just talking nonsense.
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostNN2Red2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Caldi Blue wrote:The thing is with Moyes, you just don't know what he will be like with Man Red, it's a completely different set up to Everton, you never know, he may actually fail if he had loads of money to spent. Bargain hunting could just be his thing.

As for the Cardiff who will stay and go topic I agree with Gloves, but Red is just talking nonsense.

Which bits are nonsense? The Sad Side of Promotion. - Page 3 4228682415
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:08 pm

NN2Red2 wrote:
Caldi Blue wrote:The thing is with Moyes, you just don't know what he will be like with Man Red, it's a completely different set up to Everton, you never know, he may actually fail if he had loads of money to spent. Bargain hunting could just be his thing.

I may be wrong, but I suspect this was a humourous reference to the earlier post by the other Red, who said Gloves had made exactly the same points as him.
The Sad Side of Promotion. - Page 3 4228682415
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:36 pm

The Tonker wrote:
NN2Red2 wrote:

I may be wrong, but I suspect this was a humourous reference to the earlier post by the other Red, who said Gloves had made exactly the same points as him.
The Sad Side of Promotion. - Page 3 4228682415

s**t, yeh, I should have been clearer about which Red I was referring too! Not you NN!

And you do have a point about Moyes, like I said, no-one really knows what he will be like at a really big club. I have a soft spot for Everton so I hope he stays there are continues with the fine job he is doing with my now favourite team that play in blue.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:13 pm

The Sad Side of Promotion. - Page 3 34343388
decent thread with a bit more milage I think.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum