Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:22 am

First topic message reminder :

I am hurtling headlong into middle age and I am getting more and more annoyed (usually expressed by rolling my eyes and tutting) at the nonsense I see around me every day of the week. I'm not a grumpy old man exactly, I don't let it affect my mood too much or anything but there is just so much nowadays to get you peeved.

So I am starting this thread is for any like minded misery guts to get thing orf of their chests.

1. Mach 3 razor blades. Why are they so pissing expensive. In reverse order the three most expensive things known to man are 3. Gold 2. Printer ink 1. Mach 3 blades.

Last edited by Happy Days on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:33 am

In the words of Alan Partridge 'I just hate the general public'
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:04 am

Keith Chegwin
Tremorfa's Finest
Tremorfa's Finest
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 150
Posting Flair : 40

PostTremorfa's Finest Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:26 am

Barry Scott off the Cillit Bang adverts. Bang and the dirt is gone.
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostHappy Days Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:57 am

For some reason that I have yet to fathom, people that drive with one hand on top of the steering wheel in the 12 0'clock position annoy me. Also men (it's never women is it) that go into shops with no top on in the summer and grown men that wear those grey tracksuit bottoms.

Anyone else have any irrational dislikes?
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:16 am

Wearing sun glasses indoors is one of mine. I see lots of people on the tube doing that, makes me want to turn off all the lights.

A big gripe of mine though - and be warned if you are one of these as I've challenged strangers on this - is smokers who dump their cigarette butts on the floor. Those things aren't fvckin biodegradable y'know!? PUT IT IN THE FVCKIN' BIN!

Gaaarrrrrrrrgh. Modern life is rubbish. - Page 3 904430666
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:30 am

Dog owners who let their dogs s**t on the pavement (especially outside our house).

Dog owners who let their dogs off the lead on the street.

Dog owners who, when their ferocious-looking dogs jump up at you say "it's all right, he wouldn't hurt a fly, he's very friendly".

Dog owners, basically.

Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostHappy Days Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:42 am

The Tonker wrote:Dog owners who let their dogs s**t on the pavement (especially outside our house).

Dog owners who, when their ferocious-looking dogs jump up at you say "it's all right, he wouldn't hurt a fly, he's very friendly".

Dog owners, basically.

Hooray, good post.
I generally like animals, and as animals go dogs are ok I suppose. What does really annoy me is inconsiderate dog owners that let their dogs jump up and sniff your nuts, get mucky bastard paw prints, and drool on your trousers...... "You don't mind dogs do you" they say...well it's a bit facking late now isn't it!! I'm covered in hair and I stink of smelly dog...... "It's ok he won't bite" they say.....well It's just as well then because if it did I would have no hesitation in kicking it's facking head in!
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 am

Happy Days wrote:
The Tonker wrote:Dog owners who let their dogs s**t on the pavement (especially outside our house).

Dog owners, basically.

Hooray, good post.
I generally like animals, and as animals go dogs are ok I suppose. What does really annoy me is inconsiderate dog owners that let their dogs jump up and sniff your nuts, get mucky bastard paw prints, and drool on your trousers...... "You don't mind dogs do you" they say...well it's a bit facking late now isn't it!! I'm covered in hair and I stink of smelly dog...... "It's ok he won't bite" they say.....well It's just as well then because if it did I would have no hesitation in kicking it's facking head in!

Modern life is rubbish. - Page 3 692773407 Modern life is rubbish. - Page 3 692773407
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:59 am

Bump.
Men who wear Ugg boots.
Saw a proper kent earlier in town. Modern life is rubbish. - Page 3 4268314175
Tucked his jeans into them too. Modern life is rubbish. - Page 3 2854552383
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:02 am

Modern life is rubbish. - Page 3 2854552383
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:43 pm

Taxi drivers, only marginally worse than cyclists.

I would happily swing for either.
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:47 pm

People who text whilst walking and walk straight into you. Must of the cheeky feckers don't even say sorry. Cathays is a nightmare for it.
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:02 pm

Happy Days wrote:

Dog owners, basically.

Hooray, good post.

Used to have dogs once (border collies: the only true dogs, all else are imposters) couldn't believe how much better the house smelled after a week of having the last put down. Since we reverted to cats we no longer get spiders in the house. I digress though.
No one should be allowed to keep dogs that are more than 1/3 heavier than the owner/carer/walker. There's little chance of subduing a dog much heavier than that.
Secondly a psychological evaluation of the owner should be compulsory. Dogs always respond to the thoughts /emotions of whoever's in charge of them (spooky but true).
All bull terriers ought to be banned. They are bred to be mad.
No one under 21 ought to be in charge of a dog especially bull terriers.
Bull terriers ought to be on a leash whenever in public and that should be a leash tied to the hand so that if dropped the responsible person still has control.
Anyone contemplating owning a bull terrier of any variety ought first to be savaged by such an animal so that they understand the risk they're taking.
Compulsory insurance for public liability and a tax disk type thing to be worn around the dog's neck to show it is insured.
The owner should be put down with any dog that has to be put down due to aggressive behaviour.
Kids teasing dogs should be allowed to be savaged by said dogs.
There are many more rules that should be brought in such as being allowed to deposit any dog shite that isn't picked up into the owners pockets (without a bag)
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:01 am

Something else that irks me is people saying 'Premiership' rather than 'Premier League'.

This blunder has been even more prevalent this week for obvious reasons.

It hasn't been called the Premiership since 2007.

I know old habits die hard, but c'mon mun. Modern life is rubbish. - Page 3 2854552383
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:32 am

being a pedestrian, the cyclists who use pavements
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum