Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:22 am

First topic message reminder :

I am hurtling headlong into middle age and I am getting more and more annoyed (usually expressed by rolling my eyes and tutting) at the nonsense I see around me every day of the week. I'm not a grumpy old man exactly, I don't let it affect my mood too much or anything but there is just so much nowadays to get you peeved.

So I am starting this thread is for any like minded misery guts to get thing orf of their chests.

1. Mach 3 razor blades. Why are they so pissing expensive. In reverse order the three most expensive things known to man are 3. Gold 2. Printer ink 1. Mach 3 blades.

Last edited by Happy Days on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:55 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:Morons who make a call or answer their mobile and carry on a conversation whilst they're at the shop counter/checkout.
Drivers with their fog lights on permanently in perfect weather.
Drivers who don't have any lights on when it's just about fecking dark.
People when I was working who called me by my first name straight away but wanted me to call them Mr.
Cold callers who ring for weeks even though you steadfastly refuse to answer the phone when you see it's withheld or 0800.
Bank executives.
The Top Gear crew - smug, self satisfied bunch of wankers.

oooh that's a good one. I was in a shop in Roath a few months ago and someone walked in chatting loudly on their phone, walked up to the till and put their stuff on the counter, didn't acknowledge the shop assistant at all and just continued blabbing away on the phone. The shop assistant ignored him back and served me instead Modern life is rubbish. - Page 2 692773407
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:59 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:
G-ster wrote:People who don’t stop at red traffic lights (someone in work had a £700 fine and 6 points for this recently. Good, f**ckin idiot).

Anyone over the age of 18 with ¾ length shorts.

'Carrot-fit' jeans – makes people look like they are wearing an adult-sized nappy.

Adults who swear in front of children.

Mispronouncing everyday words, e.g. I know a couple of people who think the ‘s’ is silent in ‘specific’. WTF?

Shop assistants who continue their conversation with a colleague rather than serve you straight away.

Lazy kents who can’t be bothered to put their rubbish in a bin.

Mates who let me down at 5-a-side when they say they can play, or forget to bring money with them.

TV series that don’t know when to quit, e.g. Homeland should have been kept at one season.

WHAT?!!! Shocked Shocked

Should have blown himself up and be done with it IMO
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:15 am

G-ster wrote:
*** G L O V E S *** wrote:
G-ster wrote:People who don’t stop at red traffic lights (someone in work had a £700 fine and 6 points for this recently. Good, f**ckin idiot).

Anyone over the age of 18 with ¾ length shorts.

'Carrot-fit' jeans – makes people look like they are wearing an adult-sized nappy.

Adults who swear in front of children.

Mispronouncing everyday words, e.g. I know a couple of people who think the ‘s’ is silent in ‘specific’. WTF?

Shop assistants who continue their conversation with a colleague rather than serve you straight away.

Lazy kents who can’t be bothered to put their rubbish in a bin.

Mates who let me down at 5-a-side when they say they can play, or forget to bring money with them.

TV series that don’t know when to quit, e.g. Homeland should have been kept at one season.

WHAT?!!! Shocked Shocked

Should have blown himself up and be done with it IMO
I'm with Gloves on this one, Homeland is a brilliant series, looking forward to the next one.

There are various much more worthless candidates for this category - Shameless was great for about four seasons, then went rapidly up its own arse. Friends went on and on and on and on and on far too long, and of course Downton Abbey should have been strangled at birth.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:45 am

Happy Days wrote:I am hurtling headlong into middle age and I am getting more and more annoyed (usually expressed by rolling my eyes and tutting) at the nonsense I see around me every day of the week. I'm not a grumpy old man exactly, I don't let it affect my mood too much or anything but there is just so much nowadays to get you peeved.

So I am starting this thread is for any like minded misery guts to get thing orf of their chests.

1. Mach 3 razor blades. Why are they so pissing expensive. In reverse order the three most expensive things known to man are 3. Gold 2. Printer ink 1. Mach 3 blades.

Have you seen the price of the Fusion Proglide Power blades? It's like buying Californium 252 in your local supermarket.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Waste of skin Swansea ball boys Modern life is rubbish. - Page 2 2854552383
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:46 pm

"Reality" TV.................. :threadkiller:
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:21 pm

TDA wrote:"Reality" TV.................. :threadkiller:
Modern life is rubbish. - Page 2 3874419067

And drivers who change lanes or turn left without signalling. Modern life is rubbish. - Page 2 904430666
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostG-ster Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:00 am

It's "CAROLINE STREET", not "chip alley" or other such monikers.

Tremorfa's Finest
Tremorfa's Finest
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 150
Posting Flair : 40

PostTremorfa's Finest Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:44 am

Drivers who don't indicate when on a roundabout or turning corners.

People telling the world they love their wife on facebook, as if they are trying to convince themselves that they are still happy. If you're sat next to your missus, tell her love her. I don't really need to know.

My mum saying 'Briddish' instead of British and my old man calling Wimbledon 'Wimpleton'.

God, I could go on for hours with this!!

Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:02 am

Tremorfa's Finest wrote:Drivers who don't indicate when on a roundabout or turning corners.

People telling the world they love their wife on facebook, as if they are trying to convince themselves that they are still happy. If you're sat next to your missus, tell her love her. I don't really need to know.

My mum saying 'Briddish' instead of British and my old man calling Wimbledon 'Wimpleton'.

Please do!

Similarly to your facebook quibble, people who say 'happy birthday to my 4 year old daughter/86 year old nan' - THEY ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK, THEY CANT SEE THIS, GO AND WISH THEM HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THEIR FACE, WE DONT CARE

And people continuously putting pictures of their dog on facebook 'aww look at Harvey looking at the TV' 'aww cwtching with Harvey in front of the TV' 'Harvey in the snow' 'Harvey in the mud' 'HARVEY RIDING A FUCKING BIKE'

Oh and dogs, people treating their dogs like little people rather than pets. And giving them human names. AND A DOG REPLACING YOU AS YOUR BEST MATES BEST MATE!!!!
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostG-ster Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:07 am

Tremorfa's Finest wrote:Drivers who don't indicate when on a roundabout or turning corners.

Modern life is rubbish. - Page 2 692773407
My Mum has a similar affliction, e.g. tiAramisu, diabetUs.
I've tried to re-educate her to no avail.
Tremorfa's Finest
Tremorfa's Finest
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostTremorfa's Finest Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:47 am

People in supermarkets leaving their trolleys parked sideways in the aisle.

Another of my fathers favourites is calling Sam Hammam, 'Sam The man'.
Winds me up a treat

My boss leaving the office door open when he goes for a wander when he is on the phone. Its minus 4 outside.
Tremorfa's Finest
Tremorfa's Finest
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostTremorfa's Finest Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:52 am

Cyclists who go through red lights.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 am

Tremorfa's Finest wrote:Cyclists who go through red lights.

Cyclists on the pavement when you're a pedestrian.

Groups of cyclists 2 abrest going 20mph when you're stuck behind them in the car in a 30+mph zone.
Tremorfa's Finest
Tremorfa's Finest
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostTremorfa's Finest Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:24 am

Caldi Blue wrote:
Tremorfa's Finest wrote:Cyclists who go through red lights.

Cyclists on the pavement when you're a pedestrian.

Groups of cyclists 2 abrest going 20mph when you're stuck behind them in the car in a 30+mph zone.

Even worse on Llantrisant Road on a 50 mph area.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum