Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was just thinking about watching dodgy Betamax videos whilst drinking Colt 45 and Breaker as an impressionable adolescent.... However my first beer was probably Inde Coope 'Long Life' pale ale... I also remember small red cans of pale ale with a squirrel on the logo and the legends that were Hemeling and'NorseMan' lager... Anyone else start their journey on absolute gnat's pish?

Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:48 am

Kamuza wrote:
Happy Days wrote:
Kamuza wrote:Flagons of the Feeling Foul brewery's foray into the world of mad apples, Black Dragon cider. My mate Kevin had the best bum fluff moustache so he'd be back and fore to the local Spar buying the flagons with small change.

It's nice to see Diamond White getting a mention. It tasted, smelled and looked exactly like watered down and carbonated paint thinners. Mix it with 20/20 for a Mad Dog: pure vomit fuel.

I'm like Arkay; I barely drink anymore, but I'm assuming Hemeling, Kestrel, Allbright and Brenin Bitter all lost their fights against the Trade Discrimination Act and are no longer allowed to pass themselves off as a food stuff.

Unbelievably I think you can still get Allbright, at least I saw it on draught in a pub in Burry Port a few years ago surely one of the worst beers ever brewed. And don't get me started on feelingfoul, jesus wept, who the hell would drink that, I wouldn't kill slugs with it.

I once went on a bit of a working holiday of the USA and we happened across a bar that sold 100 beers from around the world. They had beers from lots of different countries but none you'd recognise. They had Belgian beers but not Stella, French beers but no Kronenburg etc. Amazingly they actually had Wales on the list. Our beer was called Dragon Ale and was all the way from Felin Foel. I can tell you that one bottle of the stuff would have cured Terry Waite of home sickness.

I'm sure it's a Carmarthenshire thing, the place is a culinary black hole, I don't know why but I have never, not once had a good meal or a decent pint down there. Pembrokeshire, great, Ceredigion, fine but Carmarthenshire is just crap.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum