View previous topic View next topic Go down

Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:50 pm

I was just thinking about watching dodgy Betamax videos whilst drinking Colt 45 and Breaker as an impressionable adolescent.... However my first beer was probably Inde Coope 'Long Life' pale ale... I also remember small red cans of pale ale with a squirrel on the logo and the legends that were Hemeling and'NorseMan' lager... Anyone else start their journey on absolute gnat's pish?
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:00 pm

my dad used to give me the odd can of skol & hoffmeister (i think it was called that) used to take it down the park on a friday and after supping on a tinnie used to finger blast some fat chicks... cos thats how i rolled.. Beers from your youth 3210875682

oh the joys of growing up in ely Rolling Eyes

thank feck i left...
Biguba
Biguba
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 517
Posting Flair : 130

PostBiguba Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Double diamond in Bumpers. Worthington E. woodpecker cider
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:my dad used to give me the odd can of skol & hoffmeister (i think it was called that) used to take it down the park on a friday and after supping on a tinnie used to finger blast some fat chicks... cos thats how i rolled.. Beers from your youth 3210875682

oh the joys of growing up in ely Rolling Eyes

thank feck i left...

Beers from your youth 692773407 I was briefly a devotee of Hofmeister just before the gamechanger that was Foster's Ice hit the scene Beers from your youth 692773407 Never did the fat chicks thing so much as it was always cold where I grew up so I always had gloves on
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Biguba wrote:Double diamond in Bumpers. Worthington E. woodpecker cider

Woodpecker... Now there's a way to get drunk... I suffered terribly from 'Bow Ring' so I had to go for Woodpecker and I was a bit of a girl
Dr_Socks
Dr_Socks
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 989
Posting Flair : 110

PostDr_Socks Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Diamond White and Thunderbird Pear Cider... got wasted on those two many a time...

Caffreys later on, until they diluted it down.

Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:05 am

Bottles of Manns and Mackeson!
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:06 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:Bottles of Manns and Mackeson!

Black Velvet at the Pig & Whistle.......Manns or Mackeson plus cider (poor man's version)
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Arctic Lite
Faust
Hurlimann's
Hemeling

Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:00 am

Woodpecker and Stonehouse cider until I overdid it on both. Graduated to Fosters Ice and Budweiser before venturing onto Caffreys but as Dr Socks states, they watered it down and by that time I was a student so then it became whatever was the cheapest available pint.

Theses days I don't drink at all, genuinely never thought that would happen but it's been five months without a drop. Bank balance looks a whole lot better for it Beers from your youth 692773407
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:14 am

Not so much from my youth, but about ten years ago there used to be an off licence in Roath, Donald Street I think, that did 8 cans of Saracen lager (5%) for £5 and 2 bottles of wine for £5. For £10 each me and my mates used to get in a right old state. You are lucky to get 3 pints in town for £10 now.
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 am

Flagons of the Feeling Foul brewery's foray into the world of mad apples, Black Dragon cider. My mate Kevin had the best bum fluff moustache so he'd be back and fore to the local Spar buying the flagons with small change.

It's nice to see Diamond White getting a mention. It tasted, smelled and looked exactly like watered down and carbonated paint thinners. Mix it with 20/20 for a Mad Dog: pure vomit fuel.

I'm like Arkay; I barely drink anymore, but I'm assuming Hemeling, Kestrel, Allbright and Brenin Bitter all lost their fights against the Trade Discrimination Act and are no longer allowed to pass themselves off as a food stuff.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 am

Me and mate went to rome a few years bk for the egg chasing, and all we drank was tennents super, we got in a right state, so much we missed our flight bk home, that stuff is lethal..
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:27 am

Kamuza wrote:Flagons of the Feeling Foul brewery's foray into the world of mad apples, Black Dragon cider. My mate Kevin had the best bum fluff moustache so he'd be back and fore to the local Spar buying the flagons with small change.

It's nice to see Diamond White getting a mention. It tasted, smelled and looked exactly like watered down and carbonated paint thinners. Mix it with 20/20 for a Mad Dog: pure vomit fuel.

I'm like Arkay; I barely drink anymore, but I'm assuming Hemeling, Kestrel, Allbright and Brenin Bitter all lost their fights against the Trade Discrimination Act and are no longer allowed to pass themselves off as a food stuff.

Unbelievably I think you can still get Allbright, at least I saw it on draught in a pub in Burry Port a few years ago surely one of the worst beers ever brewed. And don't get me started on feelingfoul, jesus wept, who the hell would drink that, I wouldn't kill slugs with it.
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:41 am

Happy Days wrote:
Kamuza wrote:Flagons of the Feeling Foul brewery's foray into the world of mad apples, Black Dragon cider. My mate Kevin had the best bum fluff moustache so he'd be back and fore to the local Spar buying the flagons with small change.

Unbelievably I think you can still get Allbright, at least I saw it on draught in a pub in Burry Port a few years ago surely one of the worst beers ever brewed. And don't get me started on feelingfoul, jesus wept, who the hell would drink that, I wouldn't kill slugs with it.

I once went on a bit of a working holiday of the USA and we happened across a bar that sold 100 beers from around the world. They had beers from lots of different countries but none you'd recognise. They had Belgian beers but not Stella, French beers but no Kronenburg etc. Amazingly they actually had Wales on the list. Our beer was called Dragon Ale and was all the way from Felin Foel. I can tell you that one bottle of the stuff would have cured Terry Waite of home sickness.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum