Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:10 pm

In today's football news.

Bothroyd happy with Jones reunion.Striker Jay Bothroyd has credited Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones with convincing him to sign for the Owls on loan. "I know him well and he knows how to get the best out of me." He added: "It's going to be a good test but I just want to start playing football again and get scoring goals.Link

Birmingham City agree loan for Swansea's Leroy Lita. Birmingham City have agreed to sign Swansea striker Leroy Lita on a three-month loan deal. The 27-year-old passed a medical at St Andrew's on Thursday and will officially become a Blues player when the loan window opens at the weekend.

Blackpool sign former Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot. Blackpool have signed former Scotland defender Kirk Broadfoot, who was a free agent after leaving Rangers last week.

That's it. Football news has been so slow and crap this week that even the echo has reprinted a story they ran in August about the rebrand.

A few interesting things however.

1) Bothroyd, when playing well, is a threat. Jones certainly knows how to get the best out of him. I'm not really sure which way the Sheffield game is going to go to be honest.

2) Can Leroy Lita still cause problems? I'm not sure, but it does paint an interesting picture of where Birmingham is at right now.

3) Basically, Blackpool always look a threat. I wonder if they are our new 'bogey' team. Does anyone know the last time we got a result from them?
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm

From the stats, I'd say Blackpool have always been a bogey team. They've won 33 out of the total 67 games, compared with our 14. They've scored 114 goals, compared with our 72.

Our last win was 2-0 in October 2008 - Whittingham (header from a Bothroyd cross) and McCormack from a free kick. And we did do the double over them the previous season.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:21 pm

The Tonker wrote:From the stats, I'd say Blackpool have always been a bogey team. They've won 33 out of the total 67 games, compared with our 14. They've scored 114 goals, compared with our 72.

Our last win was 2-0 in October 2008 - Whittingham (header from a Bothroyd cross) and McCormack from a free kick. And we did do the double over them the previous season.
Nice bit of work Mr Tonker. What do think of our chances of doing a double over them this season? Slim I reckon.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Rhys wrote:
The Tonker wrote:From the stats, I'd say Blackpool have always been a bogey team. They've won 33 out of the total 67 games, compared with our 14. They've scored 114 goals, compared with our 72.

Nice bit of work Mr Tonker. What do think of our chances of doing a double over them this season? Slim I reckon.
Yeah, I agree. Blackpool look pretty good at the moment, and Ince always looks a handful. I'd like to think we've got enough to get a win and a draw out of them....provided the hair gel has been successfully applied in this international break, of course.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Blackpool have always felt like a bogey team. Remember the big Hammam arrival way back when? Lots of fanfare, big promises, the man on the pitch with the Welsh flag before the game? Really good positive atmosphere especially when City went 1-0 up. We were cruising to victory as Blackpool had no real threat and just as the party was about to get going the fuckers equalised in the last minute.

God I hate Blackpool.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:10 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote:Blackpool have always felt like a bogey team. Remember the big Hammam arrival way back when? Lots of fanfare, big promises, the man on the pitch with the Welsh flag before the game? Really good positive atmosphere especially when City went 1-0 up. We were cruising to victory as Blackpool had no real threat and just as the party was about to get going the fuckers equalised in the last minute.

God I hate Blackpool.

Well if Bristol managed to destroy their bogey team this season (aka us) then perhaps we can enact some revenge of our own.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:31 am

Although, that doesn't bode well for the upcoming Leeds game Shocked

What other bogey teams do we have that we could beat this season?

Are Ipswich one? Watford? Peterborough (away)? Can't recall a result against any of these in recent times.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:52 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote:Although, that doesn't bode well for the upcoming Leeds game Shocked

What other bogey teams do we have that we could beat this season?

Are Ipswich one? Watford? Peterborough (away)? Can't recall a result against any of these in recent times.

We last beat Ipswich 2-1 away in December 2008, so we're certainly due something there.

Record against Watford is pretty good recently. Last season both games were 1-1. Previous season, we won 4-2 at home but lost 4-1 away. 2009/10 we did the double, 3-1 at home and 4-0 away (including a 45-yarder or thereabouts from Adam Matthews if I remember rightly).

Our last away win at Peterborough - in fact our only away win - was 2-1 back in October 1986. We've lost 7 out of the 9 games there since.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:16 am

Middlesbrough most recently I've started to dread more than most fixtures, they've been a handful the last couple of seasons, in particular stopping good periods for us in their tracks.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum