Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue May 23, 2017 4:52 pm

In Manchester... RIP to all them who lost there lives,
I imagine a lot of them were kiddies/teenagers too!

Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue May 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Shocking. I'll never understand it. Sad
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue May 23, 2017 5:30 pm

22 confirmed dead, 60 injured so far...lots of kids and teenagers.

Absolutely disgusting. Pure evil
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue May 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Suicidebomber...what a coward, killing himself so that he didn't have to face the aftermath of his actions. I hope that the injured can all recover fully. Appalling that 22 people who went to a concert died attending.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Tue May 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Barbarism reigns.

Unless these muslim countries get together and rid the world of extremists and social media sites like Facebook and twitter etc ban them it will carry on.

Heartbreaking.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed May 24, 2017 12:27 am

An 8 year old girl now among the departed
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168
Posting Flair : 100

PostWelshineire Wed May 24, 2017 2:56 am

This kind of act will never make any sense to anyone other than the perpetrators. The truth is that this is something that the world is and will continue to see all too often. The uk government tells us that they have intercepted many planned attacks and for that we should be thankful. But tragically, some people will have had their lives turned inside out in the last 24 hours, nothing anyone says will change that, this is the world that we lhave to live in. RIP all those that are no longer with us, and for those that have lost loved ones or been injured, my heart felt sympathy.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed May 24, 2017 4:48 am

Welshineire wrote:This kind of act will never make any sense to anyone other than the perpetrators. The truth is that this is something that the world is and will continue to see all too often. The uk government tells us that they have intercepted many planned attacks and for that we should be thankful. But tragically, some people will have  had their lives turned inside out in the last 24 hours, nothing anyone says will change that, this is the world that we lhave to live in. RIP all those that are no longer with us, and for those that have lost loved ones or been injured, my heart felt sympathy.

Well said - in many ways the world is getting better, extreme poverty is declining rapidly, medicine continues to get better and so we all live longer, quality life continues to improve in our country at least (debatable to extent), there are less world wars etc

But with days like yesterday, it's hard to see the progress and conclude that the world is getting worse. 

I think about the context of world wars in which Tolkien would have written The Lord of the Rings. The books often make it seem that darkness and evil are winning and overpowering but ultimately in the end goodness prevails. I still think this holds true for us today.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655

PostSteWells Wed May 24, 2017 5:00 am

Statistically we live in the most peaceful period we've ever seen. It's just the ease of communication makes it seem like it isn't.

Anyway, yeah, it's absolutely disgusting. I have no idea what the aim of it could have been. What is there to gain from targeting little kids??

I do think we need to rethink the media strategy though. This guy's name is now plastered across TV screens all over the country. Why not just refer to him as 'the bomber' or 'the cowardly fuckwit', or whatever? Putting his name up there is giving him 'celebrity' status, making him famous. I saw a clip of Trump, who just referred to him as 'the loser'. Probably the only time I've ever come close to having positive feelings towards Trump.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Wed May 24, 2017 5:44 am

The media will have its way and that is the root cause of so many problems in the world. I'm not saying gag the Press, just hope for less sensationalism and drama about every little f*cking thing.

Days like this could then be reported in proper context.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed May 24, 2017 6:27 am

I agree SteWells about Trump. Our politicians responses are always couched so they condemn but don't seem to have any bite to them. Other countries refer ti Isis as Daesh which apparently is an insult they don't like whereas we refer to them as So Called Islamic State which is pathetic. Trump's 'Losers' is an insult they deserve.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed May 24, 2017 8:07 am

Terror threat level now raised to critical so I'd guess there's intel about another attack
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168

PostWelshineire Wed May 24, 2017 8:17 am

The media are in a no win position, too much or too little information? We the public want to know it all. I do agree thought, blanket coverage does provide these terrorists with a level of notoriety that they do not deserve. Their names should be portrayed in a manner that is an insult to their associates and sympathisers.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum