So...what the hell is going on with Leicester?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:06 pm

The greatest underdog story in football in decades, but they are doing anything but playing like underdogs. Watching them on MOTD I saw something that I've seen regularly from them this season - they aren't just winning, they are playing world class football. Very decent teams like Palace are being simply torn apart by a one touch passing game and blistering pace. This is 90% the same team that Pearson assemble and only just survived relegation last year - I know a good manager makes a massive difference, but could anyone of expected this?

Also in referee watch - Scort Dann pulled Robert Huth's shirt right off of his back from a corner, and somehow it was t spotted despite Huth being forced to chase back with it in his hands...
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:28 am

Refs just aren't interested in the rough & tumble in the box. I think they take the view that both teams do it, so it should even out.

That is a cop out in my view. I would love to see some proper action taken on shirt pulling deliberate obstruction etc., but not much chance of that.

Ranieri has done wonders. He inherited a talented squad, but unlike someone closer to home, he knew how to get the best out of them.

I really hope Leicester hold on and win the PL.

*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:20 pm

TDA wrote:Refs just aren't interested in the rough & tumble in the box.  I think they take the view that both teams do it, so it should even out.

That is a cop out in my view.  I would love to see some proper action taken on shirt pulling deliberate obstruction etc., but not much chance of that.

Ranieri has done wonders.  He inherited a talented squad, but unlike someone closer to home, he knew how to get the best out of them.

I really hope Leicester hold on and win the PL.

I'm pretty much the only person in the world who would hate to see them win it. That should be us!
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:42 am

Ah, jealousy will get you nowhere Gloves So...what the hell is going on with Leicester? 692773407

From what I gather it seems to be the players bonded so well at the end of last season that when Ranieri tried to implement new methods and structures they actually said no, we're good as we are. Fair play to Ranieri though, that he took a step back and took that on board before tweaking and moulding them.

Seems they are a perfect storm of spirit, potential and the right guidance at the right time. Given the competition and where they've come from, they deserve every credit that they get.
glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3965
Posting Flair : 220

Postglasgowronnie Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:22 am

Think I read/heard the other week that should Leicester win the premier league it will be the biggest sporting upset ever. It was said that nothing came close. Tyson's defeat was mentioned but pointed out buster douglas was around a 33-1 chance. England's come back in the ashes in the 80's was a 500-1 shot, denmark euros win at around 125-1 at 5,000-1 leicester are not only the biggest football upset but also sports biggest upset.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:51 am

Worth a So...what the hell is going on with Leicester? 34343388 as Foxes beating Jacks 3 - 0 at the moment. Another 5 points after today and a well-deserved title!

So...what the hell is going on with Leicester? 1525230823
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum