PostCyncoedslumdog Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:13 am

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:10 am

After Slade said just this morning plans were in place to bring a few players in. This club is staggeringly incompetent.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:15 am

No New Transfers!! 2854552383
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:00 am

As has been mentioned elsewhere, this is actually a blessing in disguise. No more incoming rubbish signed by Slade.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:24 pm

As the resident 'that guy' on this topic - if feel it worthwhile to again mention that considering Tan is supposed to be an internationally successful businessman, the fact he managed to leave a bunch of people running the finance department that can't even use a calculator is pretty damning. I've yet to se a single thing he has actually done well while running this club.

On the other hand however, it could be a blessing in disguise if it ultimately gets Slade the sack. The new manager will then have the rest of this season to look at the players we have and who is deadweight ready for a proper reinvigoration in the summer. Is the theory.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:18 pm

Dalman has now gone further on his comments about Slade not having got the best from the players.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-chairman-mehmet-dalman-10743624

As there can be no incoming players, it looks like the club is prepared to give someone else the chance to get better performances from the squad we already have.

My only concern is that in three games time with not many more points in the bag and well adrift of the playoffs, we will only have 17 games left fr a new guy to do anything significant.

By not getting rid of Slade immediately, it seems to me that the club have already written this season off. That is exactly what they did when they appointed Slade in the first place. It was clear, that post-Ole, we weren't going to get promoted immediately, so the potential consequences, i.e. FFP had to be addressed..............and here we are.

As Red says, a shocking way to run a business.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Yep, I'll go along with that - a real shocker!

As mentioned, going the window without recruiting isn't necessarily a bad thing either. If we are to get a new man in, though, then it has to be done now.

I don't expect a playoff push, but the table shows that we are still in the hunt. A manager looking on will see plenty of potential whereas, if we do continue to slide, many will see us as a sinking ship.

Get Pearson in this week. Give him four months to assess the squad. Bring in a few key players in the summer.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:54 pm

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:Yep, I'll go along with that - a real shocker!

As mentioned, going the window without recruiting isn't necessarily a bad thing either. If we are to get a new man in, though, then it has to be done now.

I don't expect a playoff push, but the table shows that we are still in the hunt. A manager looking on will see plenty of potential whereas, if we do continue to slide, many will see us as a sinking ship.

Get Pearson in this week. Give him four months to assess the squad. Bring in a few key players in the summer.

I'd go along with that, apart from Nigel Pearson, who, as a person, is not someone I would invite to dinner..... No New Transfers!! 635981802
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Not so sure about Pearson - he tested Leicester's patience for years considering how much money they were investing, so I'm not sure how he would cope at a club like ours that can not spend anything. Not to mention the man is absolutely bonkers, may I add.

Let's at least stick an enquiry in for Gary Rowett first please - he's took Birmingham City from nailed on relegation favourites to a playoff contending team in two seasons despite having absolutely nothing to spend on new players. He fits the mould of what we need right now perfectly. Not sure he'll come, but we surely have to try.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:07 pm

Confirmed today - Watts is gone. His loan expired yesterday and Charlton have rejected an extension, so that's probably the last we'll see of him. Interestingly though Ken Choo has also claimed three players will be climbing for the club soon, because transfer embargoes are apparently just a little bit sh*t.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:21 am

I've gone passed caring now! Really I have!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum