Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

So chaps,

Big game ahead of us today and not one that I'm feeling very confident about to be honest. Norwich's recent results are very sobering - having turned over Bournemouth away recently too.  

Regarding team news, Marshall hasn't travelled so Moore will step in - he looks very able from what I've seen if him this season, learning his trade alongside one of the best in Marshall - I'm hoping he sticks around and in the future becomes our number one.

Jones is unlikely to start because of a niggling hip injury apparently, so I'm expecting Revell too, alongside Alfie. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment.  

Malone, who was MOTM against Fulham apparently (not bad for a debut), will also no doubt start.  

Ever the optimist,  I feel we could grab a point, perhaps even nick it today.

How about everyone else?

Last edited by Rhys on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:13 am

i must be naive, but am not sure about this conspiracy theory
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:01 pm

There's no way, absolutely no way, that ANYONE could be as stupid as to let Daehli go for as cheap as he did. He was up there as potentially one of the best all around footballers that the club had ever seen and yet he was never used under Slade and then shipped out on the cheap. I may be giving him too much credit, but unless Slade lacks even a handful of braincells, I think the decision was spite against Ole from Tan.

Not to forget that Juan Cala posted several messages claiming this was happening, that Tan was telling Slade who was allowed to play and who wasn't.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:28 pm

Very often no smoke without fire Red. There have long been rumours of Tan interfering team selection, but it really does make sense if Slade had been told that certain players couldn't be picked as they were to be sold.

It does seem to be Ole's players who are feeling the real force and it may be that they are being paid far too much. Nevertheless, Immediately casting aside players like Burgstaller, who was told he wasn't "part of the plans", when we are crying out for a strong direct midfielder, is bizarre.

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:52 pm

It's also easy to forget Cala was very, very keen to move to us - so much so he paid himself out of the contract so he could sign for us on a free. To then react so angrily to his treatment on social media hints that something must of gone very wrong. His then practically immediate termination with barely a word from the club regarding the allegations all but proves their guilt in my eyes.

I think it goes back further than Ole too. Regardless of whether you thought Cornelius was any good or not, the fact he wasn't given a single decent run of games and was then shipped out at massive cost to ourselves just makes it obvious Tan wanted him gone. Yes he was in high wages and the fee was OTT, but zero attempt was made to recoup that loss which should theoreticaly be out of character for such an astute businessman.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Postmaisie'sdad Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:51 am

to be honest when have we ever given any new player a decent run of games to establish himself.

i think that it may well be a case of shipping out the high earners, which is not a bad idea as no one really thinks we will challenge this season
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:54 am

I don't know if the argument that Tan is behind it all is supposed to be a defence of Slade?
Surely it just makes it worse? Would you take a job where you're being told what to do, and that you can't ever let on that you're being told what to do?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:21 am

No, I think Slade is doing exactly what the brief was...

....keep City in the Championship.

The more I think of it, the more sense it makes to avoid a promotion challenge this season. It is clear that Tan has "lost enthusiasm" for Cardiff City, but if we had fluked a promotion this year, he would have been obliged to invest heavily again in the squad.

By stabilising things where we are, the club becomes more attractive to a potential buyer down the road, rather than a boom or bust yo-yo type club would. In the meantime, there is still time for Tan to re-coup investment through the parachute payments.

I am sure that Slade has been told to avoid relegation, but otherwise restore City to the level where the club is most comfortable.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Postmaisie'sdad Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:16 am

you are right, it has to be cut the wage bill, but keep us in the championship. that way i suppose we will not go all the way down like some clubs have done
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:26 am

No, me blaming Tan isn't me defending Slade. They are both as incompetent as each other. I'd even go as far as saying that I could never respect a man who rolls over as easily as Slade as long as he gets paid enough money. Makes it very obvious why the likes of Pulis was never approached - he wouldn't of tolerated Tan interfering, and he could well of got us promoted.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:47 am

The 8th paragraph onwards of this pretty much confirms what we have been saying in the last few posts.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-boss-russell-slade-8477016
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum