glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3965
Posting Flair : 220

Postglasgowronnie Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:03 am

First topic message reminder :

6-1 to beat Cardiff, Sorry but I think some of my hard earned money will be going on Colchester

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:27 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:We're gonna win the cup, we're gonna win........

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:RUSSELL SLADE IS A GENIUS.

**Official Matchday Thread - City v Colchester** - Page 4 692773407
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:34 am

Commentators just apologised for bad language picked up on microphone. Dave is still there then.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:38 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:Commentators just apologised for bad language picked up on microphone.  Dave is still there then.

**Official Matchday Thread - City v Colchester** - Page 4 692773407
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:00 am

Been out this evening, but recorded the game. Pretty uninspiring stuff and if we play like that against Championship sides, we are going to struggle. We are still giving the ball away from the back and in midfield far too easily. Macheda had precisely nothing to work with all evening.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:44 am

started to write bit of a sort of match report, but then decided to take issue with some board users over team selection.

it was the sort of selection i expected and most of you should have as well.

we, that is the club have our backs to the wall and the last thing we wanted or need is a televised debacle. irrespective of cost they had to be beaten and a team was selected to do just that.

the only time i will take issue with russ is the substitution of whitts, but there may have been a reason unknown to me for that.

cardiff city fans - in the main i s**t 'em. they have the gall to so say support this club and in its time of need, stay at home. piss poor attendance. i am disgusted
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Goals from a defelction and two set pieces speaks volumes about the team selected last night. The concession of a goal by another small nippy striker getting by our carthorse centre half also highlights a weakness.

Althought they deserved to win, on the basis that Colchester were p*ss-poor, the scoreline flattered City. No threat from open play and a basic inability to hold onto the ball.

It's not good enough and with everything else going on off the pitch, I don't blame the fans for staying away. Sorry, Dave, the other side of the arguement is more compelling so far as I am concerned **Official Matchday Thread - City v Colchester** - Page 4 635981802
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:48 pm

A few positives on last night, just in case Toastie is around......

More effort and desire was shown by the players brought in.  Simon Moore was excellent in goal and I thnk showed more command of his area than Marshall does.  I also liked the fact that he was confident in catching shots, rather than parrying or punching them, a real throwback to the old  fashioned keepers.  I also thought that John, Ralls & Harris (in that order) all showed promise.  None of them were perfect, but at least they tried.  

However, my City man of the match would have been Adeyemi, who, although his passing misfired a couple of times, looked like the player he was cracked up to be when we bought him.  Hopefully, the injury and fitness problems are behind him and he can challenge Gunnarsson for the pivotal role in midfield.  

Nevertheless, I thought the best player on the pitch was Freddie Sears.  Had Rhys Healey been able to play alongside him, I reckon Turner and Connolly might have had a more difficult evening.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:33 pm

TDA wrote:A few positives on last night, just in case Toastie is around......

More effort and desire was shown by the players brought in.  Simon Moore was excellent in goal and I thnk showed more command of his area than Marshall does.  I also liked the fact that he was confident in catching shots, rather than parrying or punching them, a real throwback to the old  fashioned keepers.  I also thought that John, Ralls & Harris (in that order) all showed promise.  None of them were perfect, but at least they tried.  

However, my City man of the match would have been Adeyemi, who, although his passing misfired a couple of times, looked like the player he was cracked up to be when we bought him.  Hopefully, the injury and fitness problems are behind him and he can challenge Gunnarsson for the pivotal role in midfield.  

Nevertheless, I thought the best player on the pitch was Freddie Sears.  Had Rhys Healey been able to play alongside him, I reckon Turner and Connolly might have had a more difficult evening.

My thoughts exactly. He was, for the most part, excellent. Some decent running at the defence whilst also being effective at breaking up Colchester's attacking play. I would like to see him have a run in the first team, there is a lot of potential there to be opened up.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:32 pm

TDA wrote:Goals from a defelction and two set pieces speaks volumes about the team selected last night.  The concession of a goal by another small nippy striker getting by our carthorse centre half also highlights a weakness.

Althought they deserved to win, on the basis that Colchester were p*ss-poor, the scoreline flattered City.  No threat from open play and a basic inability to hold onto the ball.  

It's not good enough and with everything else going on off the pitch, I don't blame the fans for staying away.  Sorry, Dave, the other side of the arguement is more compelling so far as I am concerned **Official Matchday Thread - City v Colchester** - Page 4 635981802

I agree TDA. I've been watching a very long time and have seen some dreadful City sides including one that was bottom of division 2 but I have never felt as disillusioned and dissatisfied as I do now with the way the Club is being run.
They've wasted millions in the past few years so my £50 or so for an afternoon out is going to stay in my pocket until things change.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:36 pm

My biggest memory was Harris bursting down the wing on the counter, tying his mark up in knots with constant changes in directions, only to pass the ball straight to the feet of a centre half who couldn't believe his luck. His energy and enthusiasm to run with the ball is promising, but his decision making needs to improve.

Beyond that, I didn't like how often we sat back in the centre half and we're happy to play on the counter while Colchester probed for openings. Really should be the other way around considering there is close enough two divisions between us theoretically. It'd be like Manchester City sitting back against Blackpool.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:23 pm

I sort of agree with maisie'sdad about the team selection. We couldn't afford to mess it up, and we should maybe have used it as a little confidence boost for our first team. We really should have played them off the pitch, scored a few goals, and given ourselves a nice little boost for the league.

But what actually happened was that Slade showed once again why we need to get rid of him. I thought that he'd be more comfortable against a lower league team, he'd be up against something he should know a bit about. But no. We were so poor. We struggled to beat a team fighting relegation from League 1. We didn't look like we could create anything from free play. We looked vulnerable at the back.

I can't see us making progress towards the playoff places, I can only see us dropping further down towards the relegation places.

We need a new manager, a new assistant manager, new coaches... We need a complete overhaul.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:26 pm

SteWells wrote:I sort of agree with maisie'sdad about the team selection. We couldn't afford to mess it up, and we should maybe have used it as a little confidence boost for our first team. We really should have played them off the pitch, scored a few goals, and given ourselves a nice little boost for the league.

But what actually happened was that Slade showed once again why we need to get rid of him. I thought that he'd be more comfortable against a lower league team, he'd be up against something he should know a bit about. But no. We were so poor. We struggled to beat a team fighting relegation from League 1. We didn't look like we could create anything from free play. We looked vulnerable at the back.

I can't see us making progress towards the playoff places, I can only see us dropping further down towards the relegation places.

We need a new manager, a new assistant manager, new coaches... We need a complete overhaul.

I agree with all of this, but, on the bright side, we don't need a new messageboard........ **Official Matchday Thread - City v Colchester** - Page 4 1525230823
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:40 am

Job done.

Despite scoring three times it was another bland showing on the whole, and I'm not sure we would have won against a fellow Championship side.

That said we saw a bit of flexibility from Slade yesterday - 4-2-3-1 with a flew players rotating and Whitts FINALLY playing in an attacking role.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:58 am

had we lost on friday really do believe that russell would have been under an awful lot of pressure.

saw a few good runs from macheda, but he was non-existent in the air. think his days are numbered.
thought he would get subbed at half-time. tom adeyemi and ralls played well together and i quite liked whitts playing in a more advanced role.

forgot to mention that i left my ginsters in the fridge, but wore my vinnie tan red scarf. if i forget my match day nibbles on saturday, but take my red scarf will we get a similar result????? hope so, otherwise i will go hungry for nothing..............but will keep warm
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum