View previous topic View next topic Go down

Messi
Messi
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 178
Posting Flair : 0

PostMessi Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:18 am

Dont think the players believe in him and his tactics anymore.
he lost the dressing room now, and the football we see
are without confidence.
Should he stay?
Opinions please?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:42 am

All sorts of excuses floating around that this is not his squad or coaching team, but he did take the job on those terms and was quick enough to praise the nucleus of the set-up he inherited after the first couple of games.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:59 am

The fact that he keeps picking the same failing players every week whilst getting rid of some of the better alternatives indicates that he is either a puppet or clueless.
I usually think managers should be given time to turn things around but things seem to be collapsing like a pack of cards. Unfortunately, instability off the field might make finding a decent alternative difficult.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:09 am

As mentioned in another thread, I think we should give him a couple of seasons. The players need to pull their fingers out and least try - the lack of effort is a hangover from OGS's reign.
Messi
Messi
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostMessi Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:33 am

32 0/0 posession, conceding 4 goals at home.
Slade has not strengthen up after Ole's mess,
In fact its getting worse
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:40 am

I think he should go. I don't think he knows what he's doing, and I don't think he's got the right mentality.
I think he's trying to make sure we don't go backwards, rather than thinking about how to take us forward. He's got no experience at this level, how can he know what he needs to do to get us challenging for promotion to the Premier League?
He's touted as an excellent man manager, so why do we have so many players unhappy, unmotivated, and wanting to leave?
I'm dreading what's going to happen in January, the type of player he's going to be looking at.

I think we need a clear out of staff at the club, manager, coaches, scouts, the lot.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:31 am

thought he was the right choice, but getting a little nervous as i just think we may  well end up in a relegation dog-fight. people thinking that we could go straight back up have been sucked in by paper talk and wishful thinking. just remember the s**t he inherited, a totally unfit squad that was massively over-strengthened. just remember we need a team built around partnerships, not 11 gifted individuals and that is not going to be created in just a few weeks.
really do believe that the likes of peter whittingham have had their day as he give me the impression of going through the motions.
if i could would bring hudson back and give him the captaincy or give it to ben turner as the goal is the wrong place to captain the side.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:47 am

maisie'sdad wrote:thought he was the right choice, but getting a little nervous as i just think we may  well end up in a relegation dog-fight. people thinking that we could go straight back up have been sucked in by paper talk and wishful thinking. just remember the s**t he inherited, a totally unfit squad that was massively over-strengthened. just remember we need a team built around partnerships, not 11 gifted individuals and that is not going to be created in just a few weeks.
really do believe that the likes of peter whittingham have had their day as he give me the impression of going through the motions.
if i could would bring hudson back and give him the captaincy or give it to ben turner as the goal is the wrong place to captain the side.

Welcome........you're not Dave Webber by any chance? No worries if you were, would be great to see him back...... Russel Slade 1525230823

Have to agree on Whitts, but I wonder what he thinks about what's happened over the past 12 months? He's given so much to City and come back after being written off more than once. He must be sick to his stomach that all this is happening at this stage in his career. He deserves to have a better team around him. He can't do what's being expected, so please, if nothing else, can we get some reinforcements for midfield........ Russel Slade 635981802
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:34 am

As I said earlier, I have grave doubts about Slade's ability at this level but as several people have mentioned he is stuck with glorified academy coaches and a Welsh League manager as his assistant.
Thankfully I'm finally getting some football enjoyment tonight watching the jacks get stuffed -Shelvey scoring an own goal against Liverpool was a particular pleasure.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Even in these dark times, I couldn't bring myself to watch Swansea.  Pleased to learn that they lost heavily though........ Russel Slade 1525230823
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Anybody misguided enough to think Pulis would replace Slade while Tan is in charge better think again. He's already in discussions with West Brom.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:12 pm

That's right and what is even more worrying, having seen what's going on at City, no else in their right mind is going to consider the job.

On teh other hand, I can't see Slade attracting players of quality either. At least Ole had a reputation that brought players in.
Messi
Messi
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostMessi Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:11 am

TDA wrote:That's right and what is even more worrying, having seen what's going on at City, no else in their right mind is going to consider the job.

On teh other hand, I can't see Slade attracting players of quality either.  At least Ole had a reputation that brought players in.

True. City is stucked with Slade. Lets hope he can step up in new year.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:34 am

TDA wrote:Have to agree on Whitts, but I wonder what he thinks about what's happened over the past 12 months?  He's given so much to City and come back after being written off more than once.  He must be sick to his stomach that all this is happening at this stage in his career.  He deserves to have a better team around him.  He can't do what's being expected, so please, if nothing else, can we get some reinforcements for midfield........ Russel Slade 635981802
take your point. which leads me to think that the gunnarsson/whittingham partnership is not the right one.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:09 pm

I don't think Gunnarrson and Whitingham are the wrong partnership, so much as they just need a third man. Whitts is undeniably dangerous on his day and Gunnarrson is probably the hardest working player in the entire squad.

The way to make Whitts flourish again is to give him time on the ball, which he doesn't get in the naturally fast paced role he's being asked to play. Stick someone next to him who demands the defences attention and he might start banging them in again.

The ideal person for the role for me was Daehli though, ironically. Or Adeyemi if we were expecting a tough match.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum