TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Slade has come out of a quiet week so far as City is concerned with a confident Q&A session with the media.  Nevertheless, I do feel that his constantly referring back to the home record is a bit Malkyesque, in that the attacking performances have not been great and we are still conceding goals and possession.  However, it is points on the board that are the most important at the moment and ensuring we have something to play for come January.

On that basis, I don't see much departure from what has gone before at Watford, but I would like to see the following team given a chance.  Terry Phillips at WO has put this side forward and it looks like a safe way of changing things around, without losing attacking potential.

Slade has talked about partnerships, so hopefully Brayford/Noone & Fabio/Pilkington can start to create some havoc with pace and skill out wide.  This side does have the potential to play 4 - 5 - 1 effectively.

Marshall

Brayford  Morrison  Turner  Fabio

Noone  Gunnarsson  Adeyemi  Whitts  Pilkington

Jones

With the likes of Le Fondre, Macheda, Ravel, Daelhi, Connolly, Ralls still available for the bench, it looks like a good awayday squad to me.  

Watford are coming off three straight defeats, but defensively there is little to choose between them and City (21 & 22 goals conceded).  However, they have scored 31 goals to our 23 and are 3 points above us in the table.  A 5 - 0 win for City today would see us go above them..........  Rolling Eyes

They still have some cracking attacking talent - Vydra, Forestieri & Deeney have 15 goals between them and the threat of Anya out wide may persuade to Slade to stick with Connolly rather than Fabio.  Personally, I'd rather have Brayford playing on his better side and let Watford worry about the threat that Fabio would bring down their right.

Not an easy game at all this and if City play as they did against Brum and in the second half against Reading, then they are going to get stuffed.

Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:21 am

I thought Mason was coming back from his Bolton loan in January?

Sadly, looks like we'll never get to see Guerra properly.

Oh wait, I just got that Chuck Mason thing...**Official Match Thread - The Hornets v City** - Page 4 2854552383
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:37 am

Guerra was part of the squad that travelled to Watford on Saturday. He ended up as 19th man but in his case that appears to be progress!
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Watford stuck 5 on Fulham last night at Craven Cottage, which shows just how good a result this was for City. Not pretty and very lucky at times, but it may be that we are turning the corner at last.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:02 am

I think it shows the unpredictable nature of the Championship more than anything.

Looking towards today's game, three points really would be massive, and for the first time this season I will look at the table with just a little smile.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum