View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:14 am

If not earlier. Contributing even more so to his bad egg impression, he's just had a mini rant on Twitter. He retweeted several comments hash tagging 'Tan Out' and critisicising the current management, and posted several tweets of his own saying he just wants to play regardless of what club it is at.

He's been sent to train with the Academy, and is far from happy. Good riddance I say.m

EDIT: Blimey, a user on CCMB has posted screenshots of a direct message conversation he had with Cala on twitter which looks very genuine indeed. In it he says that Slade has had no say in picking Cala, and that the order to not play him and a few others came directly drom Vincent Tan. That could stir things up a bit...
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:39 am

Good riddance, just taking a chunk out of our pay packet. 

Interesting rumours - surely not reliable though?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:26 am

Depends whether you're accusing it of being fake or of being manafacturered by Cala.

Fake-wise, all I can say is to me it looks genuine, she screenshots are partially obscured by things like the mobile volumne controls, and that sort of effect would be extremely difficult to manipulate. I reckon Arkay would be the closest we have to an expert on the presence of photoshop since he works in photography - maybe he might have a nose.

If it's whether Cala is reliable, surely he's not as stupid as to make up such severe allegations about Tan? He saw what he did to Malky when he took a disliking to him, so anyone with two brain cells must know by now he's not a man to be f*cked with.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:45 am

Cala on his way out along with:
Eikram
Daehli
Burgstaller
Dikgachoi
Berget
Kiss
McNaughton
Nugent
Fabio

Tan is preparing for life in League 1, then bailing out.

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Cleve, I don't think that is the case. In fact, probably the reverse in trying to halt the slide.

Two things occur to me, however......

1. Many of City's signings in the past three or four seasons were truly average, considering fees paid, but others should have been more prominent by now.

2. Slade is more confortable working with British players and we may be losing players that another coach would have got more out of.

It will be very interesting to see what quality of player Slade goes for in January.

Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:29 pm

TDA wrote:Cleve, I don't think that is the case.  In fact, probably the reverse in trying to halt the slide.

Two things occur to me, however......

1.  Many of City's signings in the past three or four seasons were truly average, considering fees paid, but others should have been more prominent by now.  

2.  Slade is more confortable working with British players and we may be losing players that another coach would have got more out of.

It will be very interesting to see what quality of player Slade goes for in January.

w

Very true regarding the signings, but as for Slade I still think he's an appointment to prepare for, either a prolonged term in the Championship, or League 1 Tan has given up on promotion.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Based on this evidence, I'm increasingly concerned Slade was hired over more prominent candidates such as Pulis because he will do what he's told.

Tan won't settle for championship football in a million years, simply because he'll never make his money back at this level. Unless of course he's considering selliing, therefore a cost cutting process makes sense.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:10 am

This sounds about par for the course for our club. Cala persuaded to turn down a move in the summer, then ignored by Ole and then by Slade. My sympathy with him is growing.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:49 pm

My between the lines interpretation of something Slade said yesterday.......Cala can go provided the financials are right.

Given that he was a free agent, I can't see City wanting a fee, in fact his name has not been mentioned anywhere as a player who might attract a fee, so what does that mean?

My interpretation is that if there are no buyers in Jan, then he has to go out on loan and City would have to cover at least part of the wages. They must be really desperate to ship him out.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:53 pm

One way or another, Cala will not be here beyond January. He'll either been sold for a nominal fee, which will surely attract those who were willing to pay for him in the summer, or City will pay out his contract.

As it is I can fully understand Slade choosing Turner, Connolly, Morrison and Manga over Cala. But it's never nice to hear a player complain of being treated badly.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:16 am

Cala started promisingly, I thought, then just seemed to lose his head in the final run in last season. Juan Cala will leave in January 3392635135
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum