View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:19 am

With that squad, whoever takes over.

Point well earned but the deficiencies in the squad is unbelievable. Those in the media and fans who were saying that it was the best squad in the Championship must have been on something.

Let's hope VT gets it spot on this time with his choice of new man.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:44 am

I think the squad is one of the best in the league. We haven't seen the best of some of the players due to all the rotation.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:56 am

I think the squad is quality but it lacks any sense of direction, that's the real problem. Ole set the team up with two wingbacks in a classic 4-4-2 without a commanding defensive midfielder. That meantiut wingers didn't know whether to come forward or cover the run of the wingback. It meant that we were vulnerable on the counter because no one was tracking back and thus leaving the centrebacks stranded. It meant we were outnumbered in midfield and lost the majority of progressions

The challenge the new guy has is deciding the formation that plays to everyone's strengths, and then to start handing out instructions on how each player should handle themselves. For me it has to be a 4-5-1, but one that's slightly defensive with two big defensive midfielders breaking down any play in the middle. That way the fullbacks still have the freedom to attack and the added security of knowing someone will fall back to cover. The extra defensive cover in the middle also means the wingers can also push forward to offer two different attacking outlets on both wings. You then need an attacking midfielder capable of picking out passes and breaking lines with movement - in the future that's Daehli but right now Whitts looks like the man, having put in a solid performance recently. He also has a devestating left foot that Daehli appears to currently lack.

My team if I was given the rein tomorrow would probably look like this (assuming everyone was fit)
Marshall
Brayford, Manga, Morrison, Fabio
Adeyemi, Dikgacoi
Pilkington, Whitts, Noone
Jones

So yeah, I've actually made the grand total of one change over the team that would of come out today if everyone was fit, but that really just emphasises my point that it's not the individual players but the organisation that's the problem.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:02 pm

I'd probably put Noone on the right, and have Burgstaller on the left.

I might go with Guerra up front as well.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:25 pm

So many options........... No chance of promotion 3392635135
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:05 pm

For me, lefondre and Jones have to be given a run of games - Lefondre will score goals for fun given the right setup and opportunities
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:27 pm

As has been the problem for the past four seasons, we need to retain possession in midfield far better than we do. Distribution from the back is going to get better with Manga & Connolly/Cala, but overall ball retention and linking with the front men is still poor.....maybe this will help.....

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum