Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:52 pm

It's been touted on BMB before but here is the man himself saying it might be a reality should we achieve promotion this season. If that does prove to be the case, I do hope he stays on in some capacity and what an opportunity that might be for a manager to take over a successful and settled side starting out in a top division:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/865765/Cardiff-News-Neil-Warnock-quit-Bluebirds-EXCLUSIVE-Championship-promotion
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:01 am

Horses for courses and NW, like MM, is a Championship standard manager, albeit a superb one.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:08 am

This is a strange article. It's not the eve of his first anniversary in charge - he was appointed in early October.

The main quotes are almost word-for-word what he told reporters at his press conference before the international break
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:29 am

I'd hope he would stay another year if we promotion, maybe working alongside his successor for a better transition period.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:09 pm

I don't know. NW doesn't like the culture of the PL, so I am not sure what he could offer to a successor if we were promoted.

It would be a convenient situation for all if he did retire on promotion, provided his successor had been identified in plenty of time.

However, if we don't go up, I am not sure whether he would want to go again, in which case his experience in ensuring that the club didn't regress would be invaluable.

Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Speculation regarding this is a tad premature.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:58 am

My fear is around who we would appoint. It’s pretty difficult to find the next Pocchetino or Dyche!
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:39 pm

Thinking about it, didn’t Warnock leave Palace a few months into the season after achieving promotion?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Surely the responsible thing for Warnock to do is to have proper succession plans. 

His number two should be the person to take over with a gradual increase in responsibilities over the season.

Recruitment from within the club would be better than an external candidate who will come and cause a big distruption to the culture of the club; just when we need some continuity.

That's just my view anyway.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Let’s not speculate on this, enjoy the season promotion or not. The PL is not all it’s cracked up to be. Championship football is far more entertaining in the fact nobody can guarantee who’ll get promotion or who’ll get relegated.

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Cleve van Leef wrote:Let’s not speculate on this, enjoy the season promotion or not. The PL is not all it’s cracked up to be. Championship football is far more entertaining in the fact nobody can guarantee who’ll get promotion or who’ll get relegated.

It doesn't hurt to speculate. Even if we don't go up this season, the question will remain as to whether NW might retire anyway.

I agree about the PL. Last time was a harsh lesson learned and it has taken the club years to recover from it. If we went up this season, then that is probably time for new owners, new investment and a massively different approach.

The alternative of being a bigger fish in the Championship pond is not so bad.

footie
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:34 am

I’d be quite happy, to be honest, being a bit of a yo-yo club. If we are prudent financially, the money gained from promotion to the Premier League would be enough to clear City’s debts if we get there and stay there or get back in the Prem regularly, as Burnley did for a couple of seasons before establishing themselves.

As for promoting from within, I like the idea but there is no-one at the club ready for a Managers position. Bellamy is better suited to his current role and there are plenty, like Rowlands (?) who are young and talented but have no experience of management at all. Jepson and Blackwell have tried but are more suited to being in the background. If we went up, I’d like us to have been looking from about Jan-Feb onwards, have Warnock involved and be sensible about it (ie no ex players just because they have a big reputation). There are good managers out there that were at small-ish clubs in the not so distant past, such as Dyche (Watford), Pochettino (Espanyol) and Marco Silva (Olympiakos) that would possibly have gone for us in the Prem
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:37 am

I've already submitted my Football Manager CV to Tan and I even embroidered it with a red dragon, just to give it that Welsh-Malaysian feel that I know he loves. Pretty confident of "sealing the deal" any day now...

fingerscrossed
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:47 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:I've already submitted my Football Manager CV to Tan and I even embroidered it with a red dragon, just to give it that Welsh-Malaysian feel that I know he loves. Pretty confident of "sealing the deal" any day now...

fingerscrossed

You’re confident of sealing the deal with Tan? What makes you think he wants to sleep with a monkey pimp?
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:49 am

Slimfrog's Son™️ wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:I've already submitted my Football Manager CV to Tan and I even embroidered it with a red dragon, just to give it that Welsh-Malaysian feel that I know he loves. Pretty confident of "sealing the deal" any day now...

fingerscrossed

You’re confident of sealing the deal with Tan? What makes you think he wants to sleep with a monkey pimp?

Did you not read the bit about the embroidery??

sob red dragon
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum