Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Jo Inge Berget is alleged to have arrived at Heathrow today.
He has the same agent as OGS, Arthur Daehli, and the Wolffman.

Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:54 am

I loved Tore Andre Flo and Morten Gamst Pedersen. What is give to have them in their prime at City now!
ludd
ludd
Academy Player
User Points : 134
Posting Flair : 30

Postludd Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:14 am

TDA wrote:
Maybe not recently, but not so long ago, these gentlemen were gracing the top flight here, having come from the Norwegian league.......

Ronnie Johnsen
Thomas Myhre
Olvind Leonhardson
Henning Berg
Stig Inga Bjornabye
Gunnar Halle
Vegard Heggam
Egil Ostenstad
Tore André Flo
Alf-Inge Haland
Morten Gamst Pederson

.......and OGS

We have seen some cracking durable footballers come out of Norway over the years and do very well in the English game.  There are plenty of others, I am sure, who could be aded to that list...........John Arne Riise for one, although I think he played in France before going to Liverpool....... Another Molde Signing? - Page 3 1525230823 

Yes, but all these are from another era than what we have today. The national team in that period beat Brazil two or three times in a row and was ranked no. 2 in the world (believe it or not) at one point. http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=nor/ranking/gender=m/ Our national team now cant even qualify for WC with the easiest possible group seeded as no. 1.

Riise never played in the Norwegian PL and he is the only one of these still active (except for Gamst Pedersen who plays in Turkey). That was a golden era in Norwegian football. I'm not trying to tell you that the signings are terrible, or that the players don't have potential. I'm just saying that these signings are not who keeps Cardiff off relegation. At least not this year. Ofc I want the best for these norwegian signings, Solskjær and Cardiff. I'm just being realistic (or pessimistic some might say)
mattswolves
mattswolves
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 398
Posting Flair : 20

Postmattswolves Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:20 am

Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:I agree Dave. We have to strengthen and whilst these guys may not be the quality needed for the Champ League, we simply need to survive this year without being relegated. If they manage to help us achieve that then all the better. And I certainly don't have any reason to doubt OGS' signings so far as Eikrem and Daehli are highly rated

Another Molde Signing? - Page 3 3874419067 

I think we just got to trust Ole with there signings.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:26 am

ludd wrote:
TDA wrote:
Maybe not recently, but not so long ago, these gentlemen were gracing the top flight here, having come from the Norwegian league.......

Ronnie Johnsen
Thomas Myhre
Olvind Leonhardson
Henning Berg
Stig Inga Bjornabye
Gunnar Halle
Vegard Heggam
Egil Ostenstad
Tore André Flo
Alf-Inge Haland
Morten Gamst Pederson

.......and OGS

We have seen some cracking durable footballers come out of Norway over the years and do very well in the English game.  There are plenty of others, I am sure, who could be aded to that list...........John Arne Riise for one, although I think he played in France before going to Liverpool....... Another Molde Signing? - Page 3 1525230823 

Yes, but all these are from another era than what we have today. The national team in that period beat Brazil two or three times in a row and was ranked no. 2 in the world (believe it or not) at one point. http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=nor/ranking/gender=m/ Our national team now cant even qualify for WC with the easiest possible group seeded as no. 1.

Riise never played in the Norwegian PL and he is the only one of these still active (except for Gamst Pedersen who plays in Turkey). That was a golden era in Norwegian football. I'm not trying to tell you that the signings are terrible, or that the players don't have potential. I'm just saying that these signings are not who keeps Cardiff off relegation. At least not this year. Ofc I want the best for these norwegian signings, Solskjær and Cardiff. I'm just being realistic (or pessimistic some might say)

I don't think that it is a coincidence that Norway enjoyed its best footballing period when your best players were playing in England. Let's hope that this is the start of the revival for you internationally......... Another Molde Signing? - Page 3 1525230823 

I think Riise started at Aalesund before being transferred to Monaco.......
ludd
ludd
Academy Player
User Points : 134
Posting Flair : 30

Postludd Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:23 am

But not in the Norwegian PL
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum