Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Jo Inge Berget is alleged to have arrived at Heathrow today.
He has the same agent as OGS, Arthur Daehli, and the Wolffman.

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:41 pm

How come everytime we talk it comes back to Cornelius? Did you even read my post?

Forget who's good and who's crap. Cardiff sign Solskjaer, His agent gets a huge pay cheque. Solskjaer signs a player with the same agent, agent again gets another pay cheque. We sign another with the same agent, another big pay cheque for him. Now a third from the same agent?

Malicious or not, it stinks of controversy, and that's the last thing we need post Malky.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:43 pm

I don't care if we aren't relegated this year
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Regarding Berget - we have Norwegian fans on the forum saying he's not good enough for the premier league. I trust that more than people claiming to know all about a man that plays in a division it's practically impossible to follow in this country.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:50 pm

Well it looks like he's signing so there's only one way to find out and I'm sure he is going to get some game time
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:53 pm

He'll score a hat trick against United now, then pull off his shirt to reveal 'F**K YOU LUDD AND RED614!' Another Molde Signing? - Page 2 692773407
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:56 pm

That would be a reasonable indication as far as his ability is concerned  Another Molde Signing? - Page 2 1525230823 
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:59 pm

There should be some concerns regarding a conflict of interest in OGS bringing in players who have the same agent as him (who apparently was also best man at his wedding). Another view might be that at least this would be an agent he could trust given that this is a high-pressure situation for him.

As to whether Norwegian players are up to the job, Berget played and scored in the 3-1 win over England U-21 at Euro 2013 (incidentally Eikrem was also among the scorers in the same game). The England side featured players such as Jordan Henderson, Tom Ince, Wilfried Zaha, Danny Rose and City’s Steven Caulker so not exactly a walkover.
Provides some encouragement anyway.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Well that's not a bad pedigree then. He was at Udinese for a few years as well although didn't play
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Red614 wrote:How come everytime we talk it comes back to Cornelius? Did you even read my post?
Forget who's good and who's crap. Cardiff sign Solskjaer, His agent gets a huge pay cheque. Solskjaer signs a player with the same agent, agent again gets another pay cheque. We sign another with the same agent, another big pay cheque for him. Now a third from the same agent?
Malicious or not, it stinks of controversy, and that's the last thing we need post Malky.
whilst i can appreciate your concern and in many ways have sympathy for it to the extent of "are molde fc as good as us", i have to ask the question is there anybody else suitable? bear in mind the budget and ogs's style of play?
the issue of a single agent involved does not really worry me as i doubt if there are a lot around in scandanavia
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:19 pm

I agree Dave. We have to strengthen and whilst these guys may not be the quality needed for the Champ League, we simply need to survive this year without being relegated. If they manage to help us achieve that then all the better. And I certainly don't have any reason to doubt OGS' signings so far as Eikrem and Daehli are highly rated
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:23 pm

the best players are not necessarily the best for a particular team. juan mata being a case in point. a world class player, but not for jose'
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:29 pm

I'd have Juan Mata at City...
ludd
ludd
Academy Player
User Points : 134
Posting Flair : 30

Postludd Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:38 am

Red614 wrote:He'll score a hat trick against United now, then pull off his shirt to reveal 'F**K YOU LUDD AND RED614!' Another Molde Signing? - Page 2 692773407

Another Molde Signing? - Page 2 2294057153 

Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:We have to strengthen and whilst these guys may not be the quality needed for the Champ League, we simply need to survive this year without being relegated. If they manage to help us achieve that then all the better.

I think I understand what you guys mean, these are not top premier league signings. Just to make myself clear, no Norwegian team (or an all-star team with players from Norwegian PL) would stand a chance at surviving in BPL. There haven't been a player going straight from NPL to BPL (with success) in many years. There has been only one I can remember, and that is Mame Diouf who went to Man United and played 5 games in 3 years (that went directly, not successful). The U21-side that got the bronze at Euros this summer is indeed promising and has a lot of players for the future. My concern is that Cardiff is currently at the very bottom of BPL and need to get points in order to stay in BPL. Solskjær siad himself to Norwegian TV that these are players for the future, and he is certain they will make the step. He also said that these signings (Eikrem, Dæhli and Berget) are not the players that will keep Cardiff off relegation. He said there were others that would do that, and these are players for the future. I will agree with him on this point, cause I am certain that these players are not capable of strengthening any BPL side at the moment (besides from maybe Eikrem). I am concerned, because the need of strengthening Cardiff at many parts of the team is crucial for survival. From the games I've seen especially a more clinical striker and a new central defender. No. 6 (Turner?) has some weaknesses that in my eyes makes him simply not good enough. Maybe he just had some bad games lately.

Looking forward to the game on Tuesday, ManUtd clearly out of form, hopefully Cardiff can get a point or three!
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:58 am

You are quite correct in your view that our greatest weaknesses - assuming Zaha signs on loan - are a goal scoring striker and a centre-back partner for Steven Caulker. We are expected to sign Ivan Ramis, formerly of Mallorca who joined Wigan before suffering with injury for around 12 months which could help defensively, meaning that we still need a striker. A few people are wondering if Diouf knows how desperately Cardiff need a striker and is simply holding out for better wages and the deal will go through at the end of the January transfer window
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:39 am

ludd wrote:
Red614 wrote:He'll score a hat trick against United now, then pull off his shirt to reveal 'F**K YOU LUDD AND RED614!' Another Molde Signing? - Page 2 692773407

Another Molde Signing? - Page 2 2294057153 

Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:We have to strengthen and whilst these guys may not be the quality needed for the Champ League, we simply need to survive this year without being relegated. If they manage to help us achieve that then all the better.

I think I understand what you guys mean, these are not top premier league signings. Just to make myself clear, no Norwegian team (or an all-star team with players from Norwegian PL) would stand a chance at surviving in BPL. There haven't been a player going straight from NPL to BPL (with success) in many years. There has been only one I can remember, and that is Mame Diouf who went to Man United and played 5 games in 3 years (that went directly, not successful). The U21-side that got the bronze at Euros this summer is indeed promising and has a lot of players for the future. My concern is that Cardiff is currently at the very bottom of BPL and need to get points in order to stay in BPL. Solskjær siad himself to Norwegian TV that these are players for the future, and he is certain they will make the step. He also said that these signings (Eikrem, Dæhli and Berget) are not the players that will keep Cardiff off relegation. He said there were others that would do that, and these are players for the future. I will agree with him on this point, cause I am certain that these players are not capable of strengthening any BPL side at the moment (besides from maybe Eikrem). I am concerned, because the need of strengthening Cardiff at many parts of the team is crucial for survival. From the games I've seen especially a more clinical striker and a new central defender. No. 6 (Turner?) has some weaknesses that in my eyes makes him simply not good enough. Maybe he just had some bad games lately.

Looking forward to the game on Tuesday, ManUtd clearly out of form, hopefully Cardiff can get a point or three!

Maybe not recently, but not so long ago, these gentlemen were gracing the top flight here, having come from the Norwegian league.......

Ronnie Johnsen
Thomas Myhre
Olvind Leonhardson
Henning Berg
Stig Inga Bjornabye
Gunnar Halle
Vegard Heggam
Egil Ostenstad
Tore André Flo
Alf-Inge Haland
Morten Gamst Pederson

.......and OGS

We have seen some cracking durable footballers come out of Norway over the years and do very well in the English game. There are plenty of others, I am sure, who could be aded to that list...........John Arne Riise for one, although I think he played in France before going to Liverpool....... Another Molde Signing? - Page 2 1525230823 
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum