Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:36 am

First topic message reminder :

According to twitter - I'm yet to find a source.

Great news for them, horrible news for Brayford...

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:21 am

Red614 wrote:Gloves speaks sense.

Brayford 'not being as good stepping up' doesn't make any sense, purely because when him and McNaughton shared the same division, Brayford was on a different league. The idea that McNaughton, who wasn't good enough in the championship , is being picked over Brayford purely on ability is ridiculous.

McNaughton is getting the nod now because Bolton have kept his match fitness up - Brayford is rotting away.

Don't disagree with that at all, but I still don't understand why it was necessary to buy KTC as well as Brayford, when other areas were screaming out to be strengthened?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:55 am

TDA wrote:
Red614 wrote:Gloves speaks sense.

Brayford 'not being as good stepping up' doesn't make any sense, purely because when him and McNaughton shared the same division, Brayford was on a different league. The idea that McNaughton, who wasn't good enough in the championship , is being picked over Brayford purely on ability is ridiculous.

McNaughton is getting the nod now because Bolton have kept his match fitness up - Brayford is rotting away.

Don't disagree with that at all, but I still don't understand why it was necessary to buy KTC as well as Brayford, when other areas were screaming out to be strengthened?

Completely agree also, if Brayford was your second choice then there's no poit also buying your first when other places are screaming for new faces. It was either an extraordinary decision by Malky to overload right back, or a compete failure by the scouting team.
Kate
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1754
Posting Flair : 220

PostKate Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:12 am

I was reading a report of the Newcastle game the other day, it said McNaughton got the nod because KTC was coming back from a little knock and that Brayford wasn't ready, after a long term injury he's not yet back to full fitness?? That's the first I heard of that but wouldn't be the first we weren't told when a player was injured
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:32 am

Rhys wrote:All this talk of Dave jones coming back as a director was certainly laughable but if Jones did one thing well it was getting players in for cheap that later sold for significantly more. Reading between the lines, Jones was excellent at spotting talent and potential which ironically is allegedly Malky's weakness.

Don't know about that. He did make profits but there were a lot more misses than hits - Ferreti, Kamara, Ricketts, Feeney, Gilbert, Bywater, Martin John, Jloyd Samuel, Dimitri Dropalotus and those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

He didn't have much money, so I think his policy was to get whoever he could - some worked out but a lot didn't. I still feel he did well with what he was given though, just ultimately not tactically astute enough or, it seems, much of a motivator for crucial games.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:33 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:
Rhys wrote:All this talk of Dave jones coming back as a director was certainly laughable but if Jones did one thing well it was getting players in for cheap that later sold for significantly more.  Reading between the lines, Jones was excellent at spotting talent and potential which ironically is allegedly Malky's weakness.

Don't know about that. He did make profits but there were a lot more misses than hits - Ferreti, Kamara, Ricketts, Feeney, Gilbert, Bywater, Martin John, Jloyd Samuel, Dimitri Dropalotus and those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

He didn't have much money, so I think his policy was to get whoever he could - some worked out but a lot didn't. I still feel he did well with what he was given though, just ultimately not tactically astute enough or, it seems, much of a motivator for crucial games.

In fairness there is always an element of luck with signing players, particularly young ones, and both Malky and DJ were pretty hit and miss with their ability to judge ability and potential. I get the feeling OGS will be a bit more proficient at it
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:20 am

Code:
Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:
davewebber65 wrote:in the championship brayford was a quality full-back. i just cant see him deteriorating so much in just a few months, there has to be another reason.

Well thats what i had thought.

But i thought the same about Jack Hunt and he hasn't set the Premiership alight. Or done anything. Maybe that shows how big the step up is?

Jack Hunt broke his ankle in training within a week of signing for Palace and hence hasn't played a game for them.

Solskjaer refuses to allow McNaughton and Mason to return to Bolton on loan - Page 2 2854552383 
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 am

G-ster wrote:
Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:
davewebber65 wrote:in the championship brayford was a quality full-back. i just cant see him deteriorating so much in just a few months, there has to be another reason.

But i thought the same about Jack Hunt and he hasn't set the Premiership alight. Or done anything. Maybe that shows how big the step up is?

Jack Hunt broke his ankle in training within a week of signing for Palace and hence hasn't played a game for them.

Solskjaer refuses to allow McNaughton and Mason to return to Bolton on loan - Page 2 2854552383 

He still hasn't set the world on fire then...
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:31 am

Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:
G-ster wrote:
Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:

He still hasn't set the world on fire then...

Taxi to Elm Street or get a lift with Rhys, he goes there regularly.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:00 am

My point still stands and I'm not budging!  Solskjaer refuses to allow McNaughton and Mason to return to Bolton on loan - Page 2 692773407 
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum