Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:04 am

Confirmed today, might start to watch the football league show again just to keep an eye out for our boys.Mason on loan at Bolton 833362651 
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:50 am

Rhys wrote:Confirmed today, might start to watch the football league show again just to keep an eye out for our boys.Mason on loan at Bolton 833362651 
I have been already and good stuff it is too.............perhaps that is where we belong.......Mason on loan at Bolton 4228682415 

Seriously though, I am disappointed to see Mason out on loan, as he is probably the one striker we have that offers something different. He has proved that he is a natural finisher time and again, but as we have discussed at length scoring goals doesn't seem to be a priority with Malky.

The other point to make is that Mason, along with others, would be unlikely to be match-fit to step up in any event. Malky has persisted with the same 13 -14 players, I believe, to the detriment of the rest of the 25-man squad.

I am sure Cyncoed will put me right on this, but I think Mason's last outing was in the reserve game against Newport, where he scored 6 in a 13 - 0 win..........a cracking display of finishing that obviously put Malky in mind of Velcro and ruined any chance of his getting into the PL team in the near future.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:52 am

He's played a couple of Devpt Squad games since then but I agree with you that he might be able to offer the first team something that our other striker(s) can't.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:35 am

I also hate to be 'that guy', but scoring 6 goals in youth competition is a bit easier than premiership play. How many do you reckon Aguero would put past Ipswich U21's?
pugger
pugger
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 410
Posting Flair : 60

Postpugger Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Red614 wrote:I also hate to be 'that guy', but scoring 6 goals in youth competition is a bit easier than premiership play. How many do you reckon Aguero would put past Ipswich U21's?
If Mason lights up the championship for Bolton then a case can be made for playing in the prem, until then the best place for him is on loan.
Natural finisher agreed but something extra is missing for me for Joe to make the next step up.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Red614 wrote:I also hate to be 'that guy', but scoring 6 goals in youth competition is a bit easier than premiership play. How many do you reckon Aguero would put past Ipswich U21's?
Have you seen the goals? I would have backed him to put away the chances that Gunnarsson has missed this season......but I appreciate that that would not be a like for like swap......and that brings me back to the contention that we do not play a system that brings the best out of the players we have...........
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:50 pm

TDA wrote:......and that brings me back to the contention that we do not play a system that brings the best out of the players we have...........
agreed tda, there is no need for us to have a 25 man squad, 15 is quite sufficient for our purposes
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:10 pm

TDA wrote:
Have you seen the goals?  I would have backed him to put away the chances that Gunnarsson has missed this season......but I appreciate that that would not be a like for like swap......and that brings me back to the contention that we do not play a system that brings the best out of the players we have...........
Have you seen the goals Velikonja has scored in youth competition? I think you're underestimating the greatly reduced pressure of development play. In the premiership the guy standing between you and the goal could be Vincent Kompany, Nemanja Vidic, genuinely some of the best defenders in the world. You might be a tad more nervous than that time you were marked by a 17 year old who is training to be a plumber, don't you think?

I'm not critiscising Mason, not at all, but it's my opinion that judging someone on a level on such a lower calibre than our own is silly. As Pugger said if he starts scoring for fun for Bolton then he merits a chance, but he needs to prove himself first. He's a striker in the exact same mould as Maynard and Odemwingie, but his battle record is far less prestigious.

I say just sit back and see what happens. Malky will have the opportunity to bring a couple of players in in January if he feels like it that would better complement he current set up. If he doesn't, Cornelius doesn't come good and he carries on with our ineffective stacking play, then he deserves critiscism. But until then, we're in 13th place with only a handful of games left until Christmas. Don't panic.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:49 pm

The loan deal has been called off -
malky needs him in the squad.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/malky-mackay-calls-joe-masons-6295608

Unless he gets playing time, this is a bad call from Malky's perspective. Waste of a young talent.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:02 pm

his battle record might be far less prestigious, but it has to be based not only on a limited number of opportunities but also limited premiership experience.

the last time i saw him play against premier league opposition he scored.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:22 am

Yet another twist -

Masons loan was cancelled because of injuries picked up by Odemwingie and Gestede. The injuries aren't as serous as first thought however, and assuming they are fit again before the end of the break, Mason will still go out on loan. Malky also reaffirms how important Mason is to his plans, and that he is going out purely for experience.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-boss-malky-mackay-6298149
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum