View previous topic View next topic Go down

BIGGWYNRAM
BIGGWYNRAM
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 630
Posting Flair : 10

PostBIGGWYNRAM Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Now in my limited period as a sportsman, I loved being the baddy or booed by opposition supporters, it would drive me on to even better things, surely most of us are like that and in my experience players going back to an old club will often want to show or prove depending on circumstances what they have missed out on.

Now Ramsey was always going to be professional and do his job, he didn't need any help off us to make him play better than he's doing already, and I think as fans we took the best approach and it's been appreciated by all sides.

Perhaps in future years it may play a part in him wanting to come back here, who knows, but I can't see t doing any harm.

There was one incident in front of where I sut in the family stand when he was challenged by two of our defenders, looked almost like he'd been sandwiched, now most players would have gone down for the penalty no doubt, possibly out of respect and being the sort he is, he thought better of it and still got the pass off which somehow we cleared off the line, take a look at it again and you'll see what I mean.

Ramsey, top man and our fans, top fans.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:49 am

I've seen some nonsense written about this since the game.  It seems almost that the idea of appreciating and acknowledging great play by applauding an opposition player is a sort of weakness of character.......

......what mean-spirited, narrow-minded saddo could come up with that.....oh, a WalesOnline reporter, perhaps?

I think it sad where sometimes a crowd will turn against their own side and applaud the opposition, but that was not the case here.  Ramsey may well have been a youngster when he left City, but he is a local lad and captain of Wales, as well as being the PL's player of the moment.  

Why shouldn't he be appreciated by those who truly love football as a game and not some sort of tribal war?

I think the not celebrating goals things goes back to Denis Law's back-heeled goal for Man City in 1974 when he thought he had sent Man Utd into Div 2 and was so genuinely upset by that to the extent that he was substituted.

However, this seems to have become a more common gesture recently and having to repeatedly mention that "I didn't celebrate the goal because (fill in the blanks)...." really is a bit naff.......Sleep
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:22 am

I spotted that too Gwyn, Ramsey's refusal to go down despite the almost certainty of a penalty being given was highly admirable. So too was Girouds decision to call himself offside and stop as not many players would of done that. I know ill probably get the 'play to the whistle' nonsense thrown at me but it's nice to see sportsmanship isn't entirely dead - if you know you are offside stop, if you can stay on your feet after a tackle stay on your feet.

And I hate to do this - but I remember someone saying they never rated Ramsey. Who would be as silly as to say something like that - Rhys? coat
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:29 am

To be fair, Red.......after his injury, it took Ramsey a long time to get back to his previous level, let alone where he is now. No doubt that was a lot to do with confidence and not relishing the physical side of things.........and who can blame him after the horrendous tackle that he had been subjected to by a fellow "professional"?
BIGGWYNRAM
BIGGWYNRAM
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 630
Posting Flair : 10

PostBIGGWYNRAM Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:37 am

A friedn of mine who's son was in the academy years back, said to me,that he'd seen an eleven year old boy on Cardiff's books who was the best thing he'd seen and had the potential to go all the way, that lad was Aaron Ramsey, and my mate had it spot on, but how do scouts and coaches spot that much potential so early, he must have been special to stand out that much.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:53 am

TDA wrote:To be fair, Red.......after his injury, it took Ramsey a long time to get back to his previous level, let alone where he is now.  No doubt that was a lot to do with confidence and not relishing the physical side of things.........and who can blame him after the horrendous tackle that he had been subjected to by a fellow "professional"?
And while at City, Mr Jones never really utilised in the way he should've. I think we would've been far more of an opposition to Portsmouth in the cup final if Ramsey had started or even come on at half-time.

Then we sold him for £5million IF WE HAD BOOED RAMSEY 2854552383 

JONES OUT!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:35 am

On a Bale scale how much do you reckon Ramsey is worth?

Bales 100 million price tag was based on two excellent seasons preceded by a few good ones. I would argue Ramsey thus far this season is as good as Bale ever has been.

60 million? coat
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Ramsey has something like four assists and two goals more than Bale had at this stage last season... though Bale just turned into a goalscoring machine in the new year.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum