davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

my welsh football interest is prmarily cardiff city, though i do take a passing glance in the direction of swansea.

at the top of the tree is of course the welsh fa. if we take into account their recent failure in the high court, it can be argued that their standing is pretty low.

on the assumption that it is their role to promote the game in our principality, do we have to wait 15 years or so for the new heightened standing of footbal in wales to take effect? increased gates at the vetch field and ccs have been at the expense of rugby so increased support of the game? that increased support will take time to develop into new quality players for our country.

in the meantime it is down to academies to coach the youngsters. can the two premier league academies be encouraged to develop welsh youth without distracting from their primary role? as premier league football clubs fighting a rugby biased nation do we have a responsibility to further develop football in wales using our academies? afterall we are keen to take welsh pounds from the punters.

is there any other way to ensure that a future chris colman has a bit more to play with than dare i say it, average talent.

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
Cyncoedslumdog wrote:English or Welsh doesn't apply. I think it's simply players who have been with clubs in the English system for 3 years prior to 21 so they could be from abroad to comply (that's off the top of my head so I'm off to check now)
I was right (I'm brilliant) :bounce: 
That is the home grown rule I mentioned above.......the future of welsh football - Page 2 1525230823 
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Red614 wrote:
Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
Cyncoedslumdog wrote:English or Welsh doesn't apply. I think it's simply players who have been with clubs in the English system for 3 years prior to 21 so they could be from abroad to comply (that's off the top of my head so I'm off to check now)
Right, so there's no official 'you have to select x amount of Welsh players in your squad' rule for ourselves and the other Welsh sides, right? There is for English teams, thus why half decent English players are always overpriced.

I'm just getting more and more confused the future of welsh football - Page 2 692773407
It's an age thing Red.

A team full of foreigners would be ok as long as they were with their club for 3 years prior to 21 - they're then classed as home grown. Same applies to us as English teams.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 pm

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
Also it is not just the English FA. Because of the special nature of Welsh clubs playing in the English system the homegrown rule applies to players affiliated to the Welsh FA too.

Homegrown doesn't HAVE to mean English to English clubs but generally this is how things will work out as that is where the biggest and closest pool of players who will qualify will come from.

'A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21)'

http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/quota_for_Premier_League.htm
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum