The future's bright, the future's Warnock!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:01 pm

A couple of quotes this morning from our manager. First hint of what might be........

"I do still get the buzz and I owe that to Sharon, my wife. With the medical problems that she had that brought a lot of things into perspective, but the Cardiff fans have been fantastic, I got my zest back and my passion and I didn't think I could get that really.

"This is the pinnacle for me. Cardiff's such a big club and I don't think even Cardiff realise how big a club they could be."

"I think it's great for me to be involved and I hope I'm involved for many years," he added. "Because I still think there'll be a role for me when management's finished. My experience is vital and this club is so special."

The future's bright, the future's Warnock! 3210875682
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Yessssss! I did think that he would go end of season if not promoted
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:58 pm

TDA wrote:A couple of quotes this morning from our manager.  First hint of what might be........

"I do still get the buzz and I owe that to Sharon, my wife. With the medical problems that she had that brought a lot of things into perspective, but the Cardiff fans have been fantastic, I got my zest back and my passion and I didn't think I could get that really.

"This is the pinnacle for me. Cardiff's such a big club and I don't think even Cardiff realise how big a club they could be."

"I think it's great for me to be involved and I hope I'm involved for many years," he added. "Because I still think there'll be a role for me when management's finished. My experience is vital and this club is so special."

The future's bright, the future's Warnock! 3210875682

The longer he stays the better The future's bright, the future's Warnock! 635981802

Great news. I think that the way he manages Tan is brilliant and he needs to be kept on at the club when he retires from management, possibly in a General Manager/Director of Football or whatever you want to call it role, acting as a link between the board and the coaching staff. I did wonder if he wanted something longer term at City because he has completely reinvented our Academy setup as well as improving the first team and you wouldn't do that if you were here to get a quick promotion and leave.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:58 pm

This sounds great and I do hope he means it. The key is that he has built good relationships with the board, the fans, the local community and seemingly the players - not bad for a belligerent old Yorkshireman! But again, he's been in the game a long time and there's a reason for that and it's starting to show at City too. Even if results on the pitch don't end up going our way, with what he's achieved already, I do hope he stays on at the club in some capacity.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:57 pm

To put a dampener on things, off to a bad start and it won't be long before the knives are out.

Let's hope that's not the case.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum