http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

My favourite conferences of the year!

Microsoft conference - 5pm

EA - 8:20 Pm

Ubisoft - 10:40 pm

Sony - 1:20 am

It's sony's conference that I wanted to see the most... going to have to wait until tomorrow now I guess.

DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 am

no i think you have that wrong mate, i think it will be as it is now, i've never had to pay anything to play any game online.

no i meant the online play in general red, xbox live costs, psn doesn't like
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229

PostRhys Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:56 am

DrewBlue wrote:no i think you have that wrong mate, i think it will be as it is now, i've never had to pay anything to play any game online.

no i meant the online play in general red, xbox live costs, psn doesn't like

They've changed in Drew - on the PS3 online playing was free but for the PS4 if you want to play online at all, you have to now sign up to playstation plus (same price as Xbox live).

They've basically aligned themselves with MS this generation.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:00 am

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124821-PS4-Online-Multiplayer-Requires-PS-Subscription

To access the online features of a PS4, you will have to pay 60 dollars a year, the same as Xbox charges. This little detail was hidden in the footer for little more than a second. But hey, I bet Sony are still the 'consumers friend' who certainly wouldn't hide anything from gamers, right? Right?
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:49 am

I think Microsoft have something up their sleeves which they'll announce soon enough on the back of E3 to be remember.

They won the conference for me in terms of innovation and progress but Sony won in terms of appeasing the majority. Im not bothered about backwards compatibility etc. I buy a game to play long term, go back to etc. but I buy this gen console to play this gen games, not previous gen games. Always online dont bother me either to be fair but there you go. If your internet goes down you got 24 hours of play. If your internet is down any longer than that surely your service providers should be getting it in the neck, not MS? Just my two pence. Im so used to relying on the internet to do things because of the career I want that it dont bother me.

Xbox - better online - Twitch TV integration and video editing - better exclusives and a deal with EA - voice control and better controller with Kinect integration to do more things on the fly.

PS4 - worse online - can play used games - can sell and share games - no TV integration or streaming - not as good exclusives but still strong - control using the Dualshock4 and Eye etc.

Both Xbox Live and PSN+ will cost you around the same. The PSN+ is rumoured slightly more.

The only way i'll get the PS4 is if the EA sports bundle is released here and I find out the xbox one controller works on it. No other way.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostJB Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:51 am

Dualshock 4 controllers will cost £54. Shocked

The Xbox controller, due to lack of touchscreen should undercut that significantly.
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostDrewBlue Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:01 am

ah... well that's highly disappointing... no online play for me then! least the console itself will be cheaper, one saving grace. still, mighty miffed about that Sad

£54 for a controller! :O wow! at least dick turpin wore a mask when he went out robbing people!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:21 am

Go in at 30 pounds, which is still expensive, and the Xbox will be cheaper over the lifetime. At my worst I bought a couple of controllers a year, at that rate within a year and a half you've made that 70 pounds back.
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostDrewBlue Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:43 am

maybe i'll just get a spanking new graphics card, double up my ram and get an xbox controller for my pc and game on that. least i could try games out for free, albeit illegally, and pick and choose the best ones. would work out cheaper still!

this thread has officially become the geekiest conversation i have ever had haha
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostJB Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:57 am

Red614 wrote:Go in at 30 pounds, which is still expensive, and the Xbox will be cheaper over the lifetime. At my worst I bought a couple of controllers a year, at that rate within a year and a half you've made that 70 pounds back.

Pretty much sums it up.

I'll find an Xbox One bundle on one of the deals website and then just get live. I wont bother with buying it on launch, too much and it'll drop after christmas. Rather wait the month.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:27 am

Nothing wrong with a nerdy conversation, at least we're doing our bit to keep te forum alive during the off season E3 Discussion :) - Page 3 692773407

Oddly enough, I'm back firmly in the Xbox One camp but I'm still reconsidering my preorder. As Jon Snow said, there will probably be some great bundles coming out in Christmas and the January sales, and ill be able to see much better what launch games turned out to be any good and which are duds. I THINK I can wait two months, the real challenge would be to avoid buying the new GTA for 360, especially since it'll e 5 months old by January...
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostDrewBlue Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:30 am

gotta love things like e3 to bring all us nerds closer together.

i can't imagine they will come down in price that much in january? i thought they stay pretty rigid for a year or 2? otherwise everyone would wait wouldn't they?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229

PostRhys Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:40 am

Absolutely right Drew - this thread is awesome.

Now that I have had time to think about it and had time to stew a bit - I just don't think I can do it. Something inside my core is stopping jump ships to Sony....

I would miss my Xbox Controller too much Sad

I'm just hoping that they do something about the used games situation - if it's left to the publishers to decide a fee, I can't see any of them (well except EA perhaps) who will do so. Honestly, I have no problem with publishers getting a cut of used games sales (one or two quid is better than nothing to them right?) what will be annoying is the 24 hour check in.

To be fair, I don't think xbox users will even noticed that the DRM daily check is happening, it will all happen in the background at boot up and be painless and invisible.

As others have pointed out, £80 is not that big of a difference....not sure where I'm going to get £500 from though (after second controller and game package)
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum