I'm very disappointed in you, cardiffcityfans.com.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu May 23, 2013 6:04 pm

Not one racist comment regarding the news yesterday? Not one person unable to tell the difference between a Muslim and a racist? Not one mention of the phrase 'back where they came from'?

It's almost as if, unlike our rival forums, our members are all intelligent, sensible people...
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Thu May 23, 2013 6:11 pm

The reaction I've seen from people on my Facebook is disgusting. They don't seem to realise that they're espousing what they're apparently so shocked about with their bigoted comments.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Thu May 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Thats the difference between us and them...
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Thu May 23, 2013 6:44 pm

I believe TDA has used phrases like 'scourge of society', ' not wanted here' and ' go back to where you came from' but in fairness he was only talking about the CCMB refugees we had on here a few months back.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu May 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Toast Boy wrote:I believe TDA has used phrases like 'scourge of society', ' not wanted here' and ' go back to where you came from' but in fairness he was only talking about the CCMB refugees we had on here a few months back.

I think you paint a blacker picture of me than is justified, sir.............. Sad
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Thu May 23, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm sorry TDA. I might have made that ' scourge of society' line up actually :laugh:
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Thu May 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Thu May 23, 2013 6:53 pm

I also hate trying to guess emoticon tags when using my mobile I'm very disappointed in you, cardiffcityfans.com. 2925389657
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu May 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Toast Boy wrote:I'm sorry TDA. I might have made that ' scourge of society' line up actually :laugh:

I think the term I used might have been "scum of society"...... I'm very disappointed in you, cardiffcityfans.com. 3392635135
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu May 23, 2013 10:23 pm

And the RBMB kitchen is still in a complete mess I'm very disappointed in you, cardiffcityfans.com. 3392635135

In all seriousness, I live in Woolwich and my girlfriend is Jamaican. We've been amazed at the media coverage at the event especially when you consider this happened only two weeks ago with only minimal coverage:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/02/birmingham-murder-racially-motivated-police?CMP=twt_

I can see the helicopters buzzing over the crime scene from my window as I type this - I really don't know what "exciting" footage those news crews are hoping to pick up. More empty roads? Some Police cleaning up their gear? I'm very disappointed in you, cardiffcityfans.com. 3392635135 I do know that despite being a truly tragic and horrible event the excess coverage and speculation is making tensions and fear amongst the ill-educated and reactionary a whole lot worse.

My partner's brother works in East Grinstead and has done so for the last two years. He is in his own words "the only black man there". Last night, these same people who he has worked side by side with for two years racially abused him and denounced him for being a Muslim. He is a British born atheist. Incredible.

I understand the need for journalistic truth and response but at what point does it exceed that and become sensationalist fear mongering? I think we're getting very close to line here.

On the flipside, I thought Cameron's response this morning was measured and exactly what was needed. Also, I'd love to hear more of this, not just in terms of the Lady's actions but also in broader terms of positive news items within communities:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/22/woolwich-first-person-account?CMP=twt_gu

And yeah, I take her point the 53 bus goes nowhere near Lewisham I'm very disappointed in you, cardiffcityfans.com. 2854552383
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu May 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Arkay Dubya wrote:And the RBMB kitchen is still in a complete mess I'm very disappointed in you, cardiffcityfans.com. 3392635135

In all seriousness, I live in Woolwich and my girlfriend is Jamaican. We've been amazed at the media coverage at the event especially when you consider this happened only two weeks ago with only minimal coverage:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/02/birmingham-murder-racially-motivated-police?CMP=twt_

I can see the helicopters buzzing over the crime scene from my window as I type this - I really don't know what "exciting" footage those news crews are hoping to pick up. More empty roads? Some Police cleaning up their gear? I'm very disappointed in you, cardiffcityfans.com. 3392635135 I do know that despite being a truly tragic and horrible event the excess coverage and speculation is making tensions and fear amongst the ill-educated and reactionary a whole lot worse.

My partner's brother works in East Grinstead and has done so for the last two years. He is in his own words "the only black man there". Last night, these same people who he has worked side by side with for two years racially abused him and denounced him for being a Muslim. He is a British born atheist. Incredible.

I understand the need for journalistic truth and response but at what point does it exceed that and become sensationalist fear mongering? I think we're getting very close to line here.

On the flipside, I thought Cameron's response this morning was measured and exactly what was needed. Also, I'd love to hear more of this, not just in terms of the Lady's actions but also in broader terms of positive news items within communities:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/22/woolwich-first-person-account?CMP=twt_gu

And yeah, I take her point the 53 bus goes nowhere near Lewisham I'm very disappointed in you, cardiffcityfans.com. 2854552383

Nice post Arkay.

Yes, I'm a little worried that this will strengthen groups like BNP and UKIP (although UKIP are not like the BNP tbf).

What a horrible thing to do.

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu May 23, 2013 11:51 pm

I haven't seen the news yet today, but my initial reaction was that this seemed like the actions of a couple of "rogue" individuals, rather than an attack organised from afar.

Whatever it may be, it doesn't lessen the horror of it any more, but the behaviour of press, hovering like vultures, hoping for something to report, but more often than not just speculating, does nothing to help the situation........but hey, ho, such is the price for having a free press!
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Thu May 23, 2013 11:54 pm

The comments on the bbc website article are astounding...it seems people have finally had enough of Liberal left political correctness...slightly scary...it seems like we are one step away from vigilante gangs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22624100

The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Fri May 24, 2013 1:05 am

It's the element of terrorism dressed up as religious extremism combined with the closeness to home. I remember an incident a couple of years ago of a British woman attacked and beheaded by a madman in Tenerife. There was no suggestion of religious-inspired hatred, and the coverage was much less intense. But essentially both incidents were perpetrated by madmen.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Fri May 24, 2013 2:00 am

The Tonker wrote:It's the element of terrorism dressed up as religious extremism combined with the closeness to home. I remember an incident a couple of years ago of a British woman attacked and beheaded by a madman in Tenerife. There was no suggestion of religious-inspired hatred, and the coverage was much less intense. But essentially both incidents were perpetrated by madmen.

Sadly a bit more to it on this one tonk as it was two guys - highly unlikey that they are both technically mad. Indoctrination and insanity are different in that indoctrinated people are usually fully aware of their actions.

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum