Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:51 am

2-0 up to throw it away,

When people have said OGS isn't the man for the job I have thought to myself give the man a chance,

Even when cleve van cleeve (or whatever his name is) has posted negatively about ole I have rolled my eyes, but I am seriously questioning wether he can do the job,

I'm sure I'd have calmed down in the morning and ill be back in the pro ole camp,
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:12 am

I'm disappointingly irritated.
I aint angry just very disappointed, 904430666
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:51 am

I'm sure any true City fan would want to see whoever was in charge succeed. After all the fortunes of the team are linked to the fortunes and abilities of the manager in charge of them and we all want to see City be successful. The problem is that support for the manager should be based on the decisions he makes and how that impacts what happens on the pitch which in turn impacts on the result. There will be times when the performance is missing but the result is  there and also times the results don't go your way even though the performance was good.

At the moment too many of Ole's choices seem to be having a negative impact on the field. I don't see a plan which is failing to gel yet - i just don't see a plan. Maybe that is my failing and Ole imparts tactics that go beyond 'be attacking' and 'express yourself'. There are 5 more league games between now and the next international break. I think Ole's short term goal should be to still be employed at the end of that next 2 weeks break.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Toast Boy wrote:I'm sure any true City fan would want to see whoever was in charge succeed. After all the fortunes of the team are linked to the fortunes and abilities of the manager in charge of them and we all want to see City be successful. The problem is that support for the manager should be based on the decisions he makes and how that impacts what happens on the pitch which in turn impacts on the result. There will be times when the performance is missing but the result is  there and also times the results don't go your way even though the performance was good.

At the moment too many of Ole's choices seem to be having a negative impact on the field. I don't see a plan which is failing to gel yet - i just don't see a plan. Maybe that is my failing and Ole imparts tactics that go beyond 'be attacking' and 'express yourself'. There are 5 more league games between now and the next international break. I think Ole's short term goal should be to still be employed at the end of that next 2 weeks break.

I agree with everything you say there Toastie.  Things just aren't shaping up as we would have liked.  The team selection and the bench had me scratching my head yesterday and the substitutions were just bewildering.

As you well know, I was critical of the previous manager from a very early point, because I felt he was very limited and I am afraid that all the signs are there again. I just hope that either things turn around and we win the next two games (convincingly) or we don't make the same mistake again and delay the decision to change things.

Tan is banking his investment on PL football and I can't see him getting caught twice putting faith in the wrong man.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Macheda being forced to play out wide left is criminal - he's a goal scorer that needs to be played right behind Jones.

Gunnarrson isn't an attacking midfielder - despite a good performance I'm not convinced he's that good of a defensive midfielder either. He shouldn't even be on the pitch when we have players like Daehli, Dikgacoi and Adeyemi on the bench.

The home match against one of the best teams in the league is NOT the time to give Ralls one of his firstly professional league starts. Again, the three players named previously all should of been ahead of him.

These are just simple things plucked off the top of my head that were bafflingly wrong, you could go much deeper.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum