Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fc Bluebirds Of Cardiff - Page 3 2854552383

It appears this is genuinely happening. They have a 200 follower strong twitter account and are applying for entry into the non league ladder.

The name. The name. The name. It gives me far more embarrassment to know we're going to be linked to causing that then anything Tan has done or potentially ever could do.

Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:12 am

How about RottenTan Hotspur or NeverTan....
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:22 am

The Tonker wrote:
Slumdog's Son™ wrote:FC Cardiff City/FC City of Cardiff would be acceptable, or United Cardiff City FC if this is an anti-rebrand team!
Wouldn't Cardiff City FC object to these on the grounds of over-similarity?

I wouldn't imagine there would be a problem, Manchester United have numerous trademarks etc over their name yet FC United of Manchester cropped up just down the road
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:23 am

Valley Trash wrote:How about RottenTan Hotspur or NeverTan....

Always great to see Trash throwing some sensible names into the mix... Fc Bluebirds Of Cardiff - Page 3 692773407
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:40 am

May be of intrest, I found http://freshairfootball.co.uk/2013/03/afc-cardiff-city-the-new-bluebird-rising/

Would there b copyright on bluebird itsel???f (logo)
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:53 am

I doubt we would have copyrighted the bluebird. That would be very costly and until you're a prem team there's no need really...unless this happens of course! Although Tan probably wouldn't see the need in protecting it
The Lad
The Lad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1275
Posting Flair : 100

PostThe Lad Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:56 am

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:It's quite an exciting thing to do and I wouldn't wish them any malice either, however if it does become the anti-Cardiff City bandwagon I believe it would, it becomes difficult to support it as much...

Regarding the formation of FC United of Manchester, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has questioned the loyalty of fans who decided to form the splinter club and the motivation behind the forming of F.C. United in a 2006 book:
"I'm sorry about that. It is a bit sad that part, but I wonder just how big a United supporter they are. They seem to me to be promoting or projecting themselves a wee bit rather than saying, 'at the end of the day the club have made a decision, we'll stick by them'. It's more about them than us"
—Sir Alex Ferguson, The Official Manchester United Diary of the Season (2006)

Exactly this. FCUM is ridiculous.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:00 am

The Lad wrote:
Slumdog's Son™ wrote:It's quite an exciting thing to do and I wouldn't wish them any malice either, however if it does become the anti-Cardiff City bandwagon I believe it would, it becomes difficult to support it as much...

Regarding the formation of FC United of Manchester, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has questioned the loyalty of fans who decided to form the splinter club and the motivation behind the forming of F.C. United in a 2006 book:
"I'm sorry about that. It is a bit sad that part, but I wonder just how big a United supporter they are. They seem to me to be promoting or projecting themselves a wee bit rather than saying, 'at the end of the day the club have made a decision, we'll stick by them'. It's more about them than us"
—Sir Alex Ferguson, The Official Manchester United Diary of the Season (2006)

Exactly this. FCUM is ridiculous.

And for that reason, so would a Bluebirds team created out of spite, simply to draw supporters away from the City
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:44 am

I personally think this will be an ill informed crusade for personal rather than altruistic reasons which will not affect the support for City one jot... However if the previous City fans who support this idea can get it off the ground it will be as close to a win-win situation in the current circumstances as there can be
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:33 pm

I offered to help them, something to do to kill some time whilst Im back in Cardiff as I have experience in creating forums, etc. but they declined. I saw their forum and it's laughable and not done to any seriousness.

I still don't get their plan either and the bluebird im pretty sure is protected so they could end up in court if that is actually the case as using even part of a copyrighted image in your own works is not allowed.

Surely it would have made more sense to get the club up and running and then start having fan pages and forums and so forth so people could get behind a physical entity rather than something that is just in the planning phase and may never get any further.

They're already banning people which I feel is hypocritical given they feel that Tan is doing what he likes yet they are treating potential supporters the same.

Im willing to give Tan the benefit of the doubt. If the name stays the same my respect for him will go back up for staying true to his word on that. He's never said that the bluebird will remain in the summer so that's not something I can use against him. If there is a compromise on the badge or it stays the same and the name does I'll be happy enough to plod along.

Setting up a new club is akin to setting up ASDA because you no longer like TESCO's way of doing things or their owners. As the organisation gets bigger it goes on to be a rival if anything else so its a waste of time. The only way I'll possibly show interest in it is if its in the Welsh League. If its in the English system its a rival to the club I fell in love with and the club I once hope returns.
Kate
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1754
Posting Flair : 220

PostKate Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:23 pm

This seems like a silly comment after Barney's words of wisdom there, but I just wanted to suggest... if those fans really have an issue and want to support a team that is at the bottom, but are giving things a go again, why not just support Barry Town FC?

They could do with a few more fans. Sure they have a dragon on their badge but no red in their kit instead a little bit of blue?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Very sensible Kate in my view. However, I'm not convinced that the Welsh Leagues will appeal to former Cardiff fans for very long.
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:31 pm

The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 pm

Kate1 wrote:This seems like a silly comment after Barney's words of wisdom there, but I just wanted to suggest... if those fans really have an issue and want to support a team that is at the bottom, but are giving things a go again, why not just support Barry Town FC?

They could do with a few more fans. Sure they have a dragon on their badge but no red in their kit instead a little bit of blue?
Totally agree.....but it seems some have a need to support a club that they can pretend is still 'their' Cardiff City - a high capacity for self-delusion.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:08 pm

If their wife had died would they then go and marry a lookalike and pretend its still their wife?
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:43 pm

but, but, but how are they going to support their club down in Torquay on a wet and windy Tuesday night?
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum