Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Cardiff City skipper Mark Hudson won’t change game despite being close to ban

BLUEBIRDS skipper Mark Hudson insists he will not change the way he plays – even though he is just one booking from suspension.

Hudson has been cautioned four times this season and another yellow card will result in a one-match ban.

But the experienced centre-half says he has been in that position before and will never shirk a challenge.

Speaking after City’s impressive 4-0 win against Burnley: he said: “I have to play my own game and I won’t be pulling out of challenges.

“If the fifth booking comes then we have to deal with that, but it’s no good working too hard to avoid it.”

Hudson believes Cardiff will fire up their Championship away form – starting at Bolton on Saturday.

He says the Bluebirds can build on their seven successive home wins with impressive performances on the road in the next week or so at Bolton and his former club Charlton.

“We have played well at home and there was some top-quality flowing football against Burnley,” he said.

“It was an all-round team display with everybody playing their part. Kim came into the team, was calm in possession and kept things moving. He is learning English well and showed he was ready for what was an outstanding debut.

“Defensively, we were solid. David Marshall made one terrific save and Burnley found it difficult to create chances.

“Burnley are a good side and their attacking threat is not just about their top scorer Charlie Austin, but we kept them quiet for long spells. It feels good to see us top of the Championship.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city/cardiff-city-fc/2012/10/29/91466-32119480/?#ixzz2AgQqvwpz

To be fair, I would rather Hudson carry on playing his normal game - we have able cover in Connelly if we were to lose Hudson for a game
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Cardiff City skipper Mark Hudson won’t change game despite being close to ban 3874419067
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:34 am

What are the chances on him missing the Charlton game....

Out of curiosity, anyone know if their fans still like him?
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 am

I can't imagine anyone disliking Hudson in the same way I can't imagine anyone not loving Whittingham - the world just wouldn't make sense otherwise.
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:54 am

We are looking a bit sick if we lose two defenders at the same time, unless Ben Nugent is a bit special.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:42 pm

Kamuza wrote:We are looking a bit sick if we lose two defenders at the same time, unless Ben Nugent is a bit special.

I wonder if any of our many midfielders could fill in at full back? Cowie maybe? He's pretty solid defensively and well disciplined and could probably cope. Any other suggestions?
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up

PostKamuza Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:54 am

Caldi Blue wrote:
Kamuza wrote:We are looking a bit sick if we lose two defenders at the same time, unless Ben Nugent is a bit special.

I wonder if any of our many midfielders could fill in at full back? Cowie maybe? He's pretty solid defensively and well disciplined and could probably cope. Any other suggestions?

I'm sure Cowie filled in at right back for a spell during one of this year's games. Aside from him, Jordan 'World's tallest midfield player' Mutch should be able to do a job at centre half but he's more likely to be part of an injury crisis than solving one.
Kate
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1754
Posting Flair : 220

PostKate Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:03 am

Kamuza wrote:
Caldi Blue wrote:

I'm sure Cowie filled in at right back for a spell during one of this year's games. Aside from him, Jordan 'World's tallest midfield player' Mutch should be able to do a job at centre half but he's more likely to be part of an injury crisis than solving one.

Haha probably true, But never fear this year we have a big enough I reckons.
It's good knowing we have at least three solid centre backs so a one suspension coat shouldn't be too devestating.
Who would captain in his absence? Especially if Bellamy is still out injured. Answers on a postcard please
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up

PostKamuza Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:56 am

I like Gunns as a future captain but he's fighting for his place and doesn't need the extra burden. Whitts is your man if several thousand unexpected party guests suddenly turn up when you've only got a sardine sandwich and a half bottle of Volvic but making him captain wouldbe like asking Michael Schumacher to change his own tyres. Cowie doesn't seem terribly vocal, I'm not sure Brickhouse Ben Turner speaks human, Taylor's got the gob for it but is normally too busy getting skinned and wingers can't be captain-it's the law. That leaves Connolly, Helguson or Super Kev.

I think Malky will go with Helguson.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:05 am

Kamuza wrote:I like Gunns as a future captain but he's fighting for his place and doesn't need the extra burden. Whitts is your man if several thousand unexpected party guests suddenly turn up when you've only got a sardine sandwich and a half bottle of Volvic but making him captain wouldbe like asking Michael Schumacher to change his own tyres. Cowie doesn't seem terribly vocal, I'm not sure Brickhouse Ben Turner speaks human, Taylor's got the gob for it but is normally too busy getting skinned and wingers can't be captain-it's the law. That leaves Connolly, Helguson or Super Kev.

I think Malky will go with Helguson.

Cardiff City skipper Mark Hudson won’t change game despite being close to ban 692773407 Now Kimbo has mastered head tapping when pointed at I think he could be our man... Either him or Bellamy from the stands using British Sign Language and pointing at a doll to indicate where the nasty man will touch you if you don't perform
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up

PostKamuza Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:06 am

We could have the World's first video-link captain.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:08 am

Kamuza wrote:We could have the World's first video-link captain.

Cardiff City - at the forefront of cutting edge techniques and utter idiocy.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum