View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:51 am

Oh dear, first half was dreadful. Only perked up with the first sending off. Why don't we sing anymore? What we need is something to really get the crowd going and I think I have the answer.

A drum.

Well waddayathink?
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostHappy Days Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:55 am

How come this post has had 4 views already, yet there are currently only 2 people on? I smell a rat. Something to do with tax reasons is it?
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:16 am

That's a good point. Every new thread gets 4 reads instantly - it's like a leg up for our crap postings.

Not that this was crap. A drum is TRULY EXCELLENT idea - I'm surprised nobody has thought of it sooner. Atmosphere last night 4228682415
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostHappy Days Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:22 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote:That's a good point. Every new thread gets 4 reads instantly - it's like a leg up for our crap postings.

Not that this was crap. A drum is TRULY EXCELLENT idea - I'm surprised nobody has thought of it sooner. Atmosphere last night 4228682415

Thank you, it is an excellent idea. What would really make it a success is if it were played by someone with no rhythm or sense of timing but who compensated for it with a heavy handed and erratic playing style.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Perhaps a brass band too?

The four views are two from you, and a few from the search engine bots.
blueheaven1927
blueheaven1927
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 747
Posting Flair : 70

Postblueheaven1927 Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:24 am

I have got a novel idea............ if everyone on all the MSGBS who complain about lack of singing actually sung then the atmosphere just might improve Atmosphere last night 3392635135
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostHappy Days Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:59 am

blueheaven1927 wrote:I have got a novel idea............ if everyone on all the MSGBS who complain about lack of singing actually sung then the atmosphere just might improve Atmosphere last night 3392635135

Terrible idea. It'll never work. Next!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:46 pm

(ENGAGE OLD MAN MODE)

Why can't people be allowed to just enjoy watching the match? Why do people have to constantly pester us to sing? You get accused of being a 'bad football fan' whatever that means, and it's ridiculous. You're there, representing your team, your numbers contribute enough to that atmosphere in my opinion. If we don't want to sing we won't, we're not letting the team down, just many of us for example midweek have had to come straight from work and just want to watch the team they love, not be forced into a two hour rehearsal.

(OLD MAN MODE DISENGAGED)
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:48 am

Match day is a very visceral affair for me, the game is a much more exciting experience when the atmosphere is bumping and the player's definitely respond... I managed to lose my voice on in the last 15 minutes on Tuesday... up to that point it was flat as a pancake

If you don't contribute to the atmosphere you may as well sit in the house and watch it on the box
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:55 am

Came out wrong, I do join in the atmosphere and sing occasionally but other times I don't, it depends on lots of different things. What my point is is these fans that are determined you HAVE to sing and everything has to be louder and more exciting otherwise we're somehow letting the team down. I just wish we'd let people support Cardiff their own way. Someone that doesn't sing may 'might as well just sit at home' Valley in your opinion but from theirs they're investing money and supporting their club in their own way. Everyone's different.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:13 am

I'm always too bloody nervous to sing. If City won every game 6-0 then you wouldn't hear anybody else's voice over mine. Atmosphere last night 635981802
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:22 am

Red614 wrote:Came out wrong, I do join in the atmosphere and sing occasionally but other times I don't, it depends on lots of different things. What my point is is these fans that are determined you HAVE to sing and everything has to be louder and more exciting otherwise we're somehow letting the team down. I just wish we'd let people support Cardiff their own way. Someone that doesn't sing may 'might as well just sit at home' Valley in your opinion but from theirs they're investing money and supporting their club in their own way. Everyone's different.

I agree everyone is entitled to enjoy the game in whatever they see fit... The customer is king... It does piss me off when some 'fans' sit there, moan and actively slag off the players and Malky... They bring nothing positive to the experience... Their choice... They've paid and are entitled to behave in whatever legal way they wish... But I don't get it!

Just to correct you for context I suggested that anyone who doesn't contribute to the atmosphere may as well stay at home, this could be shout and holler and otherwise get involved rather than just sing... It is my opinion but this is a subjective discussion and that's the fun of it Atmosphere last night 1525230823
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostHappy Days Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:03 am

I'm not saying fans that don't want to sing should sing, it's totally their choice. What I am getting at is that the fans that usually sing, in the middle of the Canton and near the away end, have been very quiet lately. It was a good ten minutes on Tuesday till we heard the first song in the Canton.

Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:19 am

Happy Days wrote:I'm not saying fans that don't want to sing should sing, it's totally their choice. What I am getting at is that the fans that usually sing, in the middle of the Canton and near the away end, have been very quiet lately. It was a good ten minutes on Tuesday till we heard the first song in the Canton.

My season is in 107 in the Canton and it was really really flat... I thought it was going to be bouncing with our decent home form... I have no idea what dictates whether there's going to be any singing and chanting Atmosphere last night 3392635135
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:26 am

Valley Trash wrote:
Red614 wrote:Came out wrong, I do join in the atmosphere and sing occasionally but other times I don't, it depends on lots of different things. What my point is is these fans that are determined you HAVE to sing and everything has to be louder and more exciting otherwise we're somehow letting the team down. I just wish we'd let people support Cardiff their own way. Someone that doesn't sing may 'might as well just sit at home' Valley in your opinion but from theirs they're investing money and supporting their club in their own way. Everyone's different.

I agree everyone is entitled to enjoy the game in whatever they see fit... The customer is king... It does piss me off when some 'fans' sit there, moan and actively slag off the players and Malky... They bring nothing positive to the experience... Their choice... They've paid and are entitled to behave in whatever legal way they wish... But I don't get it!

Just to correct you for context I suggested that anyone who doesn't contribute to the atmosphere may as well stay at home, this could be shout and holler and otherwise get involved rather than just sing... It is my opinion but this is a subjective discussion and that's the fun of it Atmosphere last night 1525230823

Agreed, although the above bolded text is a pet hate of mine. I really don't get the constant moaning and if I'm sat near one it can ruin the enjoyment of the game for me. Still, each to his/her own I guess?
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum