Peru Blue
Peru Blue
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 107
Posting Flair : 50

PostPeru Blue Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:49 am

First topic message reminder :

I love my spicy food, had a vindaloo on Tuesday, got the old sweat glands working but not too much of a problem. Went to Las Iguanas last night and had the Blazing Bird meal there and ate my chicken with the 'Zoom' sauce on it which is one up from the sauce there made from habanero chillies Embarassed :bounce:

Holy fekkin shite, it is the hottest thing I have ever tasted, felt like my tongue was swelling up and couldn't talk for more than a couple of seconds without needing to swig my beer, I was proper borederline panic attack there for a good 20 - 30 minutes :laughingabit:

Anyone else eaten it? Anyone else eaten something ridiculously hot elsewhere?

•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:56 am

For anybody who is a bit confused, Charles Bukowski was one of America's greatest authors, and he is often referred to as the 'poet laureate of American lowlife'.

Last edited by •••••••™ on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:58 am

Peru Blue wrote:

Which new law is this?

In their incompetent attempts to lower immigration, the conservatives are making life for genuine applicants like my wife absolute hell, I would assume it's another law that (intentionally or not) punishes Brits who have the temerity to fall in love with someone who is not a resident of the EU?!

I read it in the news during the past week or two, let me have a fish around.

Last edited by •••••••™ on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:02 am

It follows on from here, I believe the laws may have been passed already, but I am not 100% certain (a littler disclaimer on my part).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/08/immigration-rules-couples-stark-choice
Peru Blue
Peru Blue
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostPeru Blue Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:12 am

That is f***ng shocking. It wouldn't affect me as my earnings are above the threshold but it is a disgusting state of affairs that puts us up there with one of the most intolerant countries of the world (towards non-EU citizens). Every single EU-Citizen can keep coming here however without needing any eligibility whatsoever The hottest thing ever!! - Page 2 2854552383
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:17 am

Peru Blue wrote:That is f***ng shocking. It wouldn't affect me as my earnings are above the threshold but it is a disgusting state of affairs that puts us up there with one of the most intolerant countries of the world (towards non-EU citizens). Every single EU-Citizen can keep coming here however without needing any eligibility whatsoever The hottest thing ever!! - Page 2 2854552383

Yep agreed, but is has all been done on the quiet. I am almost certain the laws have been passed into legislation already. Maybe you could confirm that for me?
watersblue
watersblue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 226
Posting Flair : 30

Postwatersblue Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:20 am

Bit disappointed that this thread is about curry, to be honest. Embarassed
Peru Blue
Peru Blue
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostPeru Blue Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:24 am

•••••••™️ wrote:
Peru Blue wrote:That is f***ng shocking. It wouldn't affect me as my earnings are above the threshold but it is a disgusting state of affairs that puts us up there with one of the most intolerant countries of the world (towards non-EU citizens). Every single EU-Citizen can keep coming here however without needing any eligibility whatsoever The hottest thing ever!! - Page 2 2854552383

Yep agreed, but is has all been done on the quiet. I am almost certain the laws have been passed into legislation already. Maybe you could confirm that for me?

Not yet, but this article suggests it is imminent. I am absolutely disgusted. The threshold that they have set is way to high, and this legislation suggests to me that we are turning into some sort of intolerant fascist state
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:25 am

Peru Blue
Peru Blue
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostPeru Blue Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:26 am

Peru Blue wrote:
•••••••™️ wrote:

Not yet, but this article suggests it is imminent. I am absolutely disgusted. The threshold that they have set is way to high, and this legislation suggests to me that we are turning into some sort of intolerant fascist state

:laughingabit:
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:28 am

watersblue wrote:Bit disappointed that this thread is about curry, to be honest. Embarassed

From curry to immigration, via Charles Bukowski ... normal service is resumed!
Peru Blue
Peru Blue
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostPeru Blue Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:29 am

Peru Blue wrote:
Peru Blue wrote:
•••••••™️ wrote:

:laughingabit:

Our application was made before July, plus my wage is above the threshold so we are ok. However, had it been made after July we may not have been, and for no good reason. I am absolutely gobsmacked by this tbh
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:30 am

Peru Blue wrote:
•••••••™️ wrote:

I'm almost 99% certain that I read it was already a done deal ...
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:32 am

Sorry to spoil the curry thread .... Crying or Very sad
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:34 am

And Charles Bukowski's irreverent take on life ... Crying or Very sad
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:42 am

•••••••™️ wrote:
watersblue wrote:Bit disappointed that this thread is about curry, to be honest. Embarassed

From curry to immigration, via Charles Bukowski ... normal service is resumed!

The perfect bridge between the two topics NQAT
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum