View previous topic View next topic Go down

Officer Crabtree
Officer Crabtree
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1306
Posting Flair : 124

PostOfficer Crabtree Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:57 am

That's what they're saying over on CCMB.

Allegedly by "pro" reds. I didn't even know any existed.
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:21 am

I see you're being one of the voices of reason on there Officer. Some wild over reacting considering the facts aren't known and typically TLG is s**t stirring with his little enigmatic snippets.
The Lad
The Lad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1275
Posting Flair : 100

PostThe Lad Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:23 am

Someone get Ross Kemp in. Propah nawty gangs running amok.
Officer Crabtree
Officer Crabtree
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1306
Posting Flair : 124

PostOfficer Crabtree Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:25 am

It's still strange that some people felt the need to disrupt this meeting. Is there more to this KCB campaing than their public manifesto suggests?
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend

PostColonel Cardiffi Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:28 am

It'd be nice to get some actual facts about what happened rather than third-hand bites of info.

Just find it hard to imagine Gwyn and Corky standing up during a meeting and threatening people with violence for no reason. Plenty of people on the CCMB have taken the whole report as gospel already though.
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend

PostColonel Cardiffi Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:37 am

blueblade just posted his account of what happened:

"Shambolic!

I went with an open mind and to see if protests could be achieved in a peaceful way.

The meeting was disrupted from the start by Gwyn and his merry mob, to the point that they threatened to "do anyone" who even takes a banner into the ground.
The poor fella trying to chair the meeting (Scott?) just didn't stand a chance.

In the last 4 days I have now witnessed bullying from both camps - its no wonder so many are so-called reluctant reds or choose to sit on the fence.

Some of those making threats tonight, I have known for years and drunk with them and travelled with them.

Well no more.

Maybe things have calmed down by now but I very much doubt it."

It's crazy but it really is looking like Gwyn stood up during the meeting and threatened people! Gwyn's been through a very tough time recently with the loss of his daughter, surely that is affecting him?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:26 am

I don't like KCB, I've never hid that. I dont like them because of some of the plans attempted to be imposed by some members, but I'll never impose on their right to stand up against the change. Violence on either side isn't acceptable, and if this is what's happened people should definetely be banned.

This however shouldn't be spun purely on the 'pro-reds'. I know of several people that have been threatened with violence by KCB supporters for wanting to wear red shirts and the like.

This fan turning on fan business, if it turns out as bad as it looks right now, is really destroying my spirit for the club if I'm honest. I'll see how things pan out but this really isn't what I became a fan for, and it's a shame.
The Lad
The Lad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1275
Posting Flair : 100

PostThe Lad Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:41 am

This is ****ing disgusting. Genuinely embarrassing and a complete disgrace. Just.... ugh.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:42 am

KCB have brought this upon themselves IMO. They knew such a group would bring this reaction and thats why they did it.

All fans should have kept independent and sent emails to the club and media, not formed a group of allegiance. They've caused a divide in our fan base.

Its terrible and one of the reasons I never go involved with KCB. I share their views but ill air them in a responsible way.
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:00 am

It's beyond me why grown men cannot accept that other people have differing opinions. Like the apparent majority I'm not pro red, but I am willing to go along with it. However I have absolutely no problem with anyone that wants to stand up and fight the re branding. If they feel that strongly about it then fair play to them.
Any one that's found out to have made threats of violence against other City fans should be banned from the club. No one should have to put up with that.
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend

PostColonel Cardiffi Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:06 am

Well NigelBlues posted a more level headed account of what happened at the meeting and I respect NB so I'd be inclined to believe his version of events.

He wrote:

"I was in attendance and it was a thoroughly depressing event. The only thing it has achieved is ensure any open forums and public meetings cannot continue.

Unfortunately a group turned up hell bent on causing disruption and trying to take over the meeting. Why they felt the need to travel down from the Valleys and other parts just to do this and stop Cardiff City fans talking about how we can peacefully and legitimately protest to try to get the club to return to our lifelong colours in the future, only they will know.

They were no direct threats towards KCB, just inferences and at times, it did get very heated. Sad, just sad.

There were two ironies;
1. They would all like us to return to Blue too. They just don't want to get campaign over it which is fine. That is respected, apparently it's not reciproval though.
2. They were telling us how it could/would disrupt the players when they were no calls for protests inside the ground or druing matches.

It's a sad day when a group of Cardiff City fans cannot have a peaceful meeting to discuss peaceful aims without other Cardiff City followers wanting to destroy it. Yes it was the usual few. I spoke to them all individually afterwards and we all had a decent chat. I'm just perplexed why they came just to behave like that but I'm sure they feel they achieved something.

Thing is, they haven't - KCB will continue. The cause feels right to many, the way it choose to behave is respectful and spot on and the way people like myself feel just will never alter but others wanting a shouting match.

It's a real pity as we're all Cardiff fans, we all want the club to succeed but something imposed on us in an underhand, ridiculous way has caused divisions. I still don't understand why some choose not to respect we all feel differently about it but there you go.

This isn't something fans should be fighting amongst themselves about but we have some who seem prepared to do just that. Only at Cardiff, I tell you."

Rich Munn
Academy Player
User Points : 144
Posting Flair : 60

PostRich Munn Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:10 am

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:I see you're being one of the voices of reason on there Officer. Some wild over reacting considering the facts aren't known and typically TLG is s**t stirring with his little enigmatic snippets.

I have tried to draw him out from his Vivarium, but have so far been unsuccessful.

TLG is a very good bloke. He lives and breathes Cardiff City. I disagree with his martyrdom over this issue, but honestly he is quite genuine about it.

Only he won't respond!

Violent threats at the KCB meeting? 833362651
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend

PostColonel Cardiffi Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:19 am

Rich Munn wrote:
Colonel Cardiffi wrote:I see you're being one of the voices of reason on there Officer. Some wild over reacting considering the facts aren't known and typically TLG is s**t stirring with his little enigmatic snippets.

I have tried to draw him out from his Vivarium, but have so far been unsuccessful.

TLG is a very good bloke. He lives and breathes Cardiff City. I disagree with his martyrdom over this issue, but honestly he is quite genuine about it.

Only he won't respond!

Violent threats at the KCB meeting? 833362651

He just really annoys me with his snide remarks and the way he'll quote just a tiny piece of someone's post and have a go at that whilst ignoring the entirety of someone's points. I can just imagine him sitting back with a s**t-eating grin over tonights events thinking that the actions of a noisy few is vindication of everything he's ever thought about the rebrand.
Harry Flashman
Harry Flashman
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 154
Posting Flair : 20

PostHarry Flashman Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:44 am

Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:06 am

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum