Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:55 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/large-hadron-collider/9371873/Cern-announcement-after-50-years-the-Higgs-hunt-could-be-over.html

Could this be it? After so much hard work, time and money, could this be the announcement of the discovery of the Higgs boson? Big announcement at CERN tomorrow regarding the Higgs Boson 3210875682
Dr_Socks
Dr_Socks
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 989
Posting Flair : 110

PostDr_Socks Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:04 pm

End of the world is nigh! coat
Mickyredbirds
Mickyredbirds
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 640
Posting Flair : 20

PostMickyredbirds Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:32 pm

this all seems a but make believe.... so what there saying is theres a tiny particle responsible for life and how everything is made.

this just sounds like those medichlorians the jedi bang on about in star wars

Cern, Lucasarts called, they want their storyline back
Officer Crabtree
Officer Crabtree
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1306
Posting Flair : 124

PostOfficer Crabtree Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Higgs Boson? Isn't that, along with clarky cat and cake one of Chris Morris' made up drugs?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Mickyredbirds wrote:this all seems a but make believe.... so what there saying is theres a tiny particle responsible for life and how everything is made.

this just sounds like those medichlorians the jedi bang on about in star wars

Cern, Lucasarts called, they want their storyline back

Well, what else is life fundamentally made of? First we thought protons, neutrons and electrons. Then we discovered that these molecules were made from combinations of smaller molecules called quarks. They are probably made of something too. It must stop somewhere, right?
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:17 pm

As a scientist, it'll inevitably boil down to small fibres making up each quark and so forth. The thing is, the further you break down and understand something, the more you can use it for other things. Understanding is the most important thing. The Higgs boson, if its found out to be the God particle will be a massive break through in physics. I studies physics in my first year partly and its really interesting stuff.
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:18 am

Officer Crabtree wrote:Higgs Boson? Isn't that, along with clarky cat and cake one of Chris Morris' made up drugs?

Mate, I once tried some Clarky Cat that I got from the Boz-Boz and my arm felt like a couple of fortnights in a bad balloon.
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:55 am

What's a Large Hardon Collider?
Dr_Socks
Dr_Socks
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 989
Posting Flair : 110

PostDr_Socks Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:56 am

•••••••™️ wrote:What's a Large Hardon Collider?

Painful Big announcement at CERN tomorrow regarding the Higgs Boson 692773407
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:50 am

I've just read that the Higgs Boson is the fundamental particle that gives you, me, everything and everybody mass... I thought the Pope gave everybody mass
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:51 am

•••••••™ wrote:What's a Large Hardon Collider?

Katy Price?
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:36 pm

It has been confirmed, they've found the God particle, unexpectedly it turns out to be the (Bill) Hicks Boson. On being dicovered in the large Hardon (ahem) collider the Hicks Boson said "I believe that the Bible is the literal word of God." And I say no, it's not, Dad. "Well, I believe that it is." Well, you know, some people believe they're Napoleon. That's fine. Beliefs are neat. Cherish them, but don't share them like they're the truth."
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Valley Trash wrote:It has been confirmed, they've found the God particle, unexpectedly it turns out to be the (Bill) Hicks Boson. On being dicovered in the large Hardon (ahem) collider the Hicks Boson said "I believe that the Bible is the literal word of God." And I say no, it's not, Dad. "Well, I believe that it is." Well, you know, some people believe they're Napoleon. That's fine. Beliefs are neat. Cherish them, but don't share them like they're the truth."
Is this about the Hardon collider, your relationship with your dad or a sinister attempt to turn this into the first religion on the board? :sherlock
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Rhys wrote:
Valley Trash wrote:It has been confirmed, they've found the God particle, unexpectedly it turns out to be the (Bill) Hicks Boson. On being dicovered in the large Hardon (ahem) collider the Hicks Boson said "I believe that the Bible is the literal word of God." And I say no, it's not, Dad. "Well, I believe that it is." Well, you know, some people believe they're Napoleon. That's fine. Beliefs are neat. Cherish them, but don't share them like they're the truth."
Is this about the Hardon collider, your relationship with your dad or a sinister attempt to turn this into the first religion on the board? :sherlock

It was all three and I would have got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky mods... in reality it was a pish poor attempt to interbreed the Higgs Boson thread with the Bill Hicks thread by inserting a Hicks quotation about God into the Boson thread... wish I hadn't bothered now...
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Valley Trash wrote:
Rhys wrote:

It was all three and I would have got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky mods... in reality it was a pish poor attempt to interbreed the Higgs Boson thread with the Bill Hicks thread by inserting a Hicks quotation about God into the Boson thread... wish I hadn't bothered now...

Ah yes very clever indeed. I've dished out some flair for the effort!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum