Sam Hammam and Langston Saga

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:20 am

Its been reported he is willing to take £10m now in terms of payment to clear the debt but in 4 years time he could potentially have £26m. Seriously, if you could make an extra £16m over 4 seasons (£4m per year) as a businessman, I don't care who you are but you'd hold out and rake in the cash.

The fact that Hammam is willing to accept less than 50% of what he is owed seems very dodgy to me. As if hes trying to grab a tidy sum before it can go to the courts and it gets dismissed. I believe there is something Sam knows about his own dodgy dealings that means he is willing to take a smaller sum now before he is found out.

The debt is an unsecured loan and an unsecured loan, according to wikipedia, means the lender relies on the borrower's promise to pay it back.

Is that promise based on the foundations of word of mouth or a written contract? Anyone know?

Sorry for my naivety on the subject of finances in football, im only 21. Sam Hammam and Langston Saga 833362651
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:43 am

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that I think it means that if City were to go bust anybody with an unsecured loan would be entitled to nothing, wereas with a secured loan they could strip the club of assets...or asses.

Feel free to correct me though as this is only an (un)educated guess.
Officer Crabtree
Officer Crabtree
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1306
Posting Flair : 124

PostOfficer Crabtree Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:46 am

Someone on CCMB had a phonecall off him today, he'll know surely.
The Dizzee Kid
The Dizzee Kid
Academy Player
User Points : 43
Posting Flair : 0

PostThe Dizzee Kid Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:51 am

Sorry if I'm wrong but would that mean that administration is bad for the short term but good for the long term? Sorry, not really a financial expert...
Officer Crabtree
Officer Crabtree
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostOfficer Crabtree Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:53 am

The Dizzee Kid wrote:Sorry if I'm wrong but would that mean that administration is bad for the short term but good for the long term? Sorry, not really a financial expert...

Administration would be bad full stop.
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:53 am

Officer Crabtree wrote:Someone on CCMB had a phonecall off him today, he'll know surely.

Yes but if you ask him all you get is either a snippy, snidey response that doesn't answer the question or he'll respond with a question. Not worth spending the time to ask.
Officer Crabtree
Officer Crabtree
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostOfficer Crabtree Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:56 am

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:
Officer Crabtree wrote:Someone on CCMB had a phonecall off him today, he'll know surely.

Yes but if you ask him all you get is either a snippy, snidey response that doesn't answer the question or he'll respond with a question. Not worth spending the time to ask.

Par for the course at the moment. Moggis doesn't even post on there much anymore..
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:27 am

The Dizzee Kid wrote:Sorry if I'm wrong but would that mean that administration is bad for the short term but good for the long term? Sorry, not really a financial expert...

A lot of money is lost through administration. Would the person who stands to lose the most risk it? Of course not. Evil or Very Mad
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum