View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri May 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Are we downhearted? "Disappointed" would be a better word for me, as this season promised so much and has been a right royal Horlicks at all levels of the club.

The last two games of the season, where relegation is all but a formality, should provide a valuable insight into the attitude and commitment of the individual players to Cardiff City. I don't believe that OGS's job is as safe as some make out. Tan is going to want a quick return to the top flight but I can't see hm throwing good money after bad if the team continues to look as shocking as they have done in recent games.

Newcastle may have their problems, but so many struggling teams have used Cardiff as the game to turn things around this season. For the first time since the Man City home game, I am going to predict a loss and maybe another bad one......0 - 3.

Can't see much that can be done with the team, but I guess Turner in for Cala and maybe Kimbo back for Cowie.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Fri May 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Can't remember the last time I felt this way in the build up to a game. We can win the next two games and we're still down... just want the season to be over.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri May 02, 2014 7:11 pm

A win for Fulham (at Stoke) or a draw for Sunderland (at United) would be good enough to send us down today if we also lose. Again, it's a formality for me now so I'm kind of unmoved by it.

I am however very interested in how the players react to confirmed relegation. All eleven on the pitch should be mortified at full time, not laughing and joking like Bosingwa was for QPR last season.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri May 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Agree with TDA on this one. How many times have we played teams "out of form" only to get spanked by them?

2-0 to Newcastle.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Fri May 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Dissapointed and angry sums up how I feel, This season has been a nightmare from the start.

Prediction for tomorrow 4-1 Newcastle,

Ive tried looking forward to next season and even if we spend I cant see us (at this moment) going back up, Also another thing thats wound me up is I seen someone on Facebook say they arent renewing season ticket because cardiff are getting relegated, fucking plastic c**t ,
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Fri May 02, 2014 8:44 pm

I should add the person who posted that on Facebook isnt a lifelong city fan, only started supporting them after we got promoted
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri May 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Tans Tache wrote:I should add the person who posted that on Facebook isnt a lifelong city fan, only started supporting them after we got promoted

They aren't by any chance a Liverpool fan too are they? **Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 692773407
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Fri May 02, 2014 10:14 pm

**Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 692773407 actually no hes a arsenalf "fan"
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Tans Tache wrote:**Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 692773407 actually no hes a arsenalf "fan"

**Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 692773407 

and also

**Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 2854552383 

and also

**Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 4268314175 

and also

**Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 1525919965 
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 pm

My opinion on Liverpool fans took a bit of a hit again recently, when a guy at uni I was speaking to took the opportunity to declare 'everyone loves Liverpool' because I said I wanted Liverpool to win the league. An awful lot of them have a stuck up attitude that they are duty bound to be everyone's team. As much as I pointed out in not a Liverpool fan, I'm a Cardiff fan who admires their style of play. Would he listen?  **Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 3392635135 
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Fri May 02, 2014 10:57 pm

Red614 wrote:My opinion on Liverpool fans took a bit of a hit again recently, when a guy at uni I was speaking to took the opportunity to declare 'everyone loves Liverpool' because I said I wanted Liverpool to win the league. An awful lot of them have a stuck up attitude that they are duty bound to be everyone's team. As much as I pointed out in not a Liverpool fan, I'm a Cardiff fan who admires their style of play. Would he listen?  **Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 3392635135 

See my previous post for my response to this.

Inadvertently, my work colleague thinks I'm a Spurs fan after I celebrated their equaliser against WBA the other week. He knows I'm from Cardiff and that I support them but declared "everyone has a Premiership team too" scratch He now asks me about them and I don't have the heart to say otherwise. I'm getting quite good blagging about their team though - I love that Klinsmann they've got Crying or Very sad 
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri May 02, 2014 11:02 pm

Arkay Dubya wrote:
Red614 wrote:My opinion on Liverpool fans took a bit of a hit again recently, when a guy at uni I was speaking to took the opportunity to declare 'everyone loves Liverpool' because I said I wanted Liverpool to win the league. An awful lot of them have a stuck up attitude that they are duty bound to be everyone's team. As much as I pointed out in not a Liverpool fan, I'm a Cardiff fan who admires their style of play. Would he listen?  **Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 3392635135 

Inadvertently, my work colleague thinks I'm a Spurs fan after I celebrated their equaliser against WBA the other week. He knows I'm from Cardiff and that I support them but declared "everyone has a Premiership team too" scratch He now asks me about them and I don't have the heart to say otherwise. I'm getting quite good blagging about their team though - I love that Klinsmann they've got Crying or Very sad 

Boy do those words fill me with rage. I remember once when Cardiff were in the championship and I told someone on a night out I supported them they responded by saying 'well obviously, but who is your real team? United? Liverpool? City?'

I'm not going into the graphic ways I imagined that mans demise after that comment **Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 692773407
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Fri May 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Red614 wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:

Boy do those words fill me with rage. I remember once when Cardiff were in the championship and I told someone on a night out I supported them they responded by saying 'well obviously, but who is your real team? United? Liverpool? City?'

I'm not going into the graphic ways I imagined that mans demise after that comment **Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 692773407

**Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 692773407 

I've had similar - "why do you support THEM?" (from people in Cardiff, no less) or "yeah, but they'll never win anything".

In fairness to the guy at my work, I think he was totally "bantering" with me. He's an Ipswich fan himself (from Charlton Wink ) and a good footballing lad. The Spurs misunderstanding still lives on though...  coat 
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Fri May 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Right, going to leave you Gents to see this one through as I'm off to Sussex via London for the weekend for some kind of baby christening/sacrifice thing  **Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 3392635135 

I shall leave this here for someone to post on my behalf at 5pm tomorrow:

**Official Pre-Match Thread - Newcastle v City** 2925389657 
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sat May 03, 2014 11:39 pm

I'm in agreement with Gloves on how indifferent I feel at the moment. Let's get the season over and in a few weeks we can speculate daily on who's staying and going and listening to all the ITK bullshit.
In the meantime, I'll be watching the Chelsea game in Corfu next week - nasty job but has to be done.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum