View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:48 pm

In a walesonline feature,Solskjaer has said that he does not think Eikrem, Daehli or Bergerwill make instant impacts, nor would expect them too. He rationalized this by claiming he spent only pennies on them and still wants a striker, midfielder and defender all with premier league experience.

For me that's fine, as long as we still get our primary targets. I would question whether January is really the time for that sort of thing however.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jo-inge-berget-cardiff-city-6566414
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:36 pm

He's completed a smart piece of business with the three of them and has been pretty savvy about what he has said. Clearly they are talented but had he waited until the summer when their contracts expired or more teams were competing for their signatures, he may not have been able to sign them. So now was the best time.

Added to that he has taken all the weight of expectation and pressure off their shoulders by saying that nothing should be expected of them, meaning that they can go out and play with the creativity and freedom OGS likes and expects from offensively minded players.

So it's a good bit of work really
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:47 pm

I also think he has half an eye on what will happen to the squad if relegated. We will certainly lose key players, but he is plugging in young talent now that should be good enough to get us promoted again.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Possibly. Perhaps Tan is already aware that things are a bit precarious and have OGS licence to create a plan B
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:06 am

I think OGS has one eye on the championship next year, but I'm not sure Tan does. Relegation is failure to a businessman, after all.

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum